Cold Wiseong

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the day Jess revealed her situation, the way I interact to Kyungsoo becomes cold. I wanted to tell him about Jess but there’s something that stops me from doing it. I know it’s not because of what Jess have said, that I shouldn’t let him know about her. But there’s something… is this still about my worries?

 

Every time he asks me, I will just nod and shook my head. I smile at him too but you can tell that my smile hides something.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked. And I just nod and smiled. We’re here at the library together with his friends, Eunji is here too. They chose to be here than everywhere in the school. Because here, only few students can judge me. And I’m okay with that.

 

And if we’re not in the library, sometimes we are in the roof top of the school. They’re always the one who will choose where to study or where to spend a free time.

 

I am almost that close to Kyungsoo’s friends, especially to Baekhyun. He’s so fun to talk with. You’ll never get bored being with him. He’s so talkative. He has always something to say. Should I ask him to live in my condo so there’s always someone that makes me smile?

 

“Guys, do you have a jacket there?” Baekhyun asked out of nowhere. I told you he has always something to say. We all looked at him with our face asking ‘why?’. “Wiseong is so cold~ I don’t want Kyungsoo to get freeze~”

 

They all looked at me but this Baekhyun just wiggled his eyebrows while grinning. I take back what I said earlier that I want him to live in my condo.

 

“Why are you acting so cold? Is there something that bothers you?” Baekhyun asked again. So they all noticed that. I thought it is just me.

 

I tried to smile for real so I can convince them, “No, nothing. I’m okay.” Then I continued writing my notes. I thought that’s just it but when I raised my head they’re just looking at me. “Fine! Yes, there’s something that bothers me. But it has nothing to do with you, guys. It’s my own problem, I can handle it.”

 

“But we are one? We should solve your problem together. Aren’t we all friends already?” Tao mocked while Sehun and Jongin are just nodding their heads.

 

I looked awkwardly to Kyungsoo that is just looking at me. It’s like he is reading what’s on my mind but he cannot.

 

“Don’t be like that. Yes, we’re friends. But it’s just a simple problem, I can handle it. Don’t worry too much.” I smiled to them but they don’t react, they are just looking at me so seriously. Eunji too, just like Kyungsoo, she’s just looking at me trying to figure out what’s on my mind. But I just ignored them this time. I just continued writing again and I didn’t bother to look at them anymore.

 

I thought it’ll be the end of the conversation but then Eunji talked, and asked me. “Who was the girl you met before, Wiseong?”

 

Then again, they looked at me. Ugh I really hate it when all the attentions are on me. I feel so pressured.

 

“And Kyungsoo came right? Kyungsoo-yah, who was the girl?” Now she asked Kyungsoo. Eunji’s starting investigating.

 

“It’s someone that my mom asked to check for me.” I interrupt. Kyungsoo looked at me.

 

“Ah really? Then what did you guys talked about?” She placed her both hands under her chin and looked at me like she’s really investigating.

 

I stare at her for a long time. “She just checked if I am okay, if I still have money. That’s just it.”

 

“You’re lying.” She pointed.

 

“I am not.” I denied.

 

We’re staring at each other like we’re having a staring game. She doesn’t even blink. I wonder how she did that.

 

“I know you so well, Wiseong.” She said.

 

It takes me a minute to finally can answer her back but before I can do that, Kyungsoo interrupt and that made me glared him.

 

“Yeah, she’s lying.”

 

Eunji gasp in shock. “Yah, it’s the first time you lied at me!” She yelled.

 

“It’s my ex-girlfriend that she had met.” Kyungsoo continued.

 

They all gasped in shock and I just rolled my eyes in irritation. Why did he have to say the truth?

 

“There, he said it. Can we all study in peace now?” I asked. The boys nods and continue to study while there’s Eunji who’s trying to kill me with her stare.

 

I am sure she’s all curious of why I am so worried about something and she’ll try and do everything just to make me confess what it is all about.

 

This is not good.

 

After my last class of this day, I tried my best to sneak out and go home without Kyungsoo noticing it. But I guess my best wasn’t good enough because he still noticed me.

 

“Why are you so afraid telling them the truth?” He asked while we’re walking going out from the building at the hallway.

 

“I am not afraid. I just don’t want to.”

 

“But why? And what did she have done that bothers you?” I didn’t answer him. I promised that girl to not tell you about her. Because she said she doesn’t want you to sacrifice what you want to do with your life right now.

 

Like… I don’t get it. She chose to live and will raise their child alone and let Kyungsoo live happily and free? Is that really what love means? Setting f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter