She is Jess. She is.....

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week has passed again. One week that Kyungsoo became my classmate. One week that his friends became my peer in school. One week that I almost manage to just ignore all those hurtful murmurs and stares of students that are judging me. One week that I feel like my old days return, like I don’t have any problems because they made me feel like everything is okay. They made me feel like they’re already friends for a long time. They are so good and nice people. And I want 1 more week---ah no, I want every week to be like that. Because it feels so great. 

 

(And also, one week of me being so awkward to Kyungsoo. Because until now, I still remember how I blushed that night I invited him to watch a fireworks display.)

 

But of course this is not a fairytale, this is reality. That one week is just a rest for me. Wow, good thing fate gave me a week to rest from the pain and stress. I hope it continues but sadly no.

 

“You are Wiseong, right?” The girl in front of me asked. I don’t know her, but she knows me. I met her at the guard’s house, the guard told me someone’s waiting for me, and that’s her. She looks nice. She’s pretty; we’re almost having the same height. And she talks calmly.

 

I just smiled and nod as an answer to her question.

 

Who is she?

 

“You might be wondering who am I and why I know you and ask you to have a coffee.” She said while looking at her cup of coffee.

 

“Y-yes.” I answered, “who are you?”

 

“I’m Jess.” She said. She finally removed her stare at her cup, her smile’s gone right after she look at me and she continued talking. “Kyungsoo’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

Right after she said she’s Kyungsoo’s ex-girlfriend, I froze. My eyes are widen. My hands are a bit shaking. My knees are trembling even if I am sitting.

 

Why am I so nervous? Why am I feeling this? Yes, I have done a mistake but why right now, I feel like I made a mistake again.

 

Am I really the cause of their break up? But Kyungsoo reassured me that I am not.

 

“Haa---how..did you know me?” I tried so hard to talk normal but I think she noticed my shaky voice.

 

“He mentioned you….at the night we broke up.” Her way of talking is calm but it’s like it’s full of anger. “How long have you known each other?”

 

My throat is like so dry that it’s hard to talk and answer her but I still managed to answer her because I need to, “Almost one month?” I said unsure.

 

“Just one month?!!” She shouts out of shocked. She almost got all the attentions of other customers. She cleared and smiled after she saw the chaos, so they’re back to their own business. “One month? Is that long enough for you guys to know each other so well and fall in love?” In a still calm way but full of anger and curiosity, she asked it.

 

I want to tell to her the truth but I can’t and it’s not the right time and Kyungsoo must be present so I have someone to explain more further the truth, but since he’s not here, I won’t. I also want to say sorry because I ruined their relationship. But I can’t and I don’t know why. I can’t even look at her, I feel shy, I feel weak, I am not like this. But I think, I am in the right place and situation to feel this way.

 

Just then I heard a silent sob. I look up just to see her covering her face with her hands and crying.

 

Wiseong…what did you do?

 

I want to comfort her and tell her to stop crying but who am I to do that? After ruining their r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter