Park Chanyeol

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I thought I can finally understand and accept everything but this Byun Baekhyun is so annoying. “Jess and Kyungsoo are like the cartoon shows, Tweety, Tom and Jerry and CatDog.” That’s just it. At least he explains why they’re like that but no, not. He said it’s not his personal story and he doesn’t have the rights to spill it out.

 

That’s why I ditched him when I asked him to buy me something to drink. I thought Baekhyun can help me even just a little, but ugh no. In the midst of this moment, I heard the door bells. I wasn’t expecting anyone and it’s already pass 10pm. Who could it be?

 

I went to open the door quick and… “Mom..”

 

She smiled at me and went in. “How are you?”

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked. She seems happy. I miss seeing her like that. The last time I saw her smiling so bright was months ago.

 

“I’m free.” She said right away after sitting at the couch. I got confused of what did she say and asked her what did she mean and her answer really breaks my heart into pieces. “Me and your dad are already divorced.”

 

Just then my eyes started to become blurry and tears fall so quick. “Get out.” I commanded.

 

“What?” She asked in shock.

 

“Just get out, Mom!” I yelled and run away to my room but before I enter, I face her once again and started to talk while tears are still flowing.

 

“This is the first time that freedom didn’t make me happy like you do. Go home. I want time. Don’t follow me and knock on my door cos I won’t open it even if you beg. You’re old enough, you’ll understand why I am saying this and acting like this.”

 

“Wiseong…”

 

“Take care.” And then I shut the door.

 

I can’t believe it. I yelled at Mom for the first time. I talked to her in a bit rude. I can’t believe it. I feel so mad at myself for doing it. But I am more mad at her because how can she be that happy that they’re finally divorced? Didn’t she love Dad? It’s like my whole existence with them was a lie.

 

Why so sudden? Why problems and pain comes so sudden?

 

I heard the door bells again for so many times. I tried to ignore it but it annoys me. I already told her to go home but why did she come back again?!

 

“I said go home!!” As soon as I open the door I yelled. But instead of Mom, I saw someone. “Y-you….”

 

I was shocked when he suddenly hugs me tight. It’s like the clock stops from tick tacking, the river stops flowing and the world stops rotating.

 

I miss his hugs.

 

I miss him.

 

I miss Park Chanyeol.

 

I shouldn’t allowed him to enter my condo. I should’ve hit him, punch him in the face, kick him, and curse him, for leaving me, for breaking my heart. But no, I let him in, let him hug me and let him comfort me.

 

“What are you doing here? How did you know I am here?” Asking him while I am sobbing.

 

“Mom told me about your parents got divorced. Where else can I find you if you’re not in your house or Eunji’s house?” He answered.

 

Yeah, I forgot he knows about my condo. And beside Eunji, Chanyeol is the only ones who know how much my parents means to me. How much I value and treasure the word and meaning of ‘family’. So he also knows how much pain I am having right now.

 

“Then you’re here to comfort me?” I asked straight. What else is the other reason, tho?

 

Why people suddenly pops out after they left a certain person in a not good situation? Are they trying to be a knight in shining armor? Didn’t they know it still hurt seeing them acting like they still really care? And if they really care, why did they leave?

 

What am I saying?

 

“Stop crying.” He hissed while rubbing my back.

 

I’ve been crying for hours beside him. And he’s been comforting me for hours. I said to him to just go because it’s already late but he doesn’t want to.

 

“What will I do now?” I asked to myself in the midst of sobbing.

 

“What you should do now is to stop crying and rest. You have class tomorrow, aren’t you?” Chanyeol said while trying to sneak at my crying face. I am sitting at the floor while hugging my knees and buried my face there.

 

“Chanyeol, leave.” I asked. I decided to finally look up to him and I saw his worried face looking at me. “Why aren’t you lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter