Rime Gray

50 Shades of MarkSon

"Ugh," Mark bemoans when he feels Jackson crashing onto him. He can feel the cold, stiff tile against his back and Jackson's full weight on top of him, the younger heaving short, rapid breaths, and it is squeezing the air out of his own lungs. "You came too soon, again! I wasn't done!"

"Well I'm sorry," Jackson rolls his eyes and pulls out. He sits back on his heels over Mark who is still lying on the floor right next to the front door. "Days like these with you don't come by often so sue a guy for being a little enthusiastic."

"I specially prepared and planned everything for you!" Mark whispers, voice straining with emotion, and he quickly turns his head away so that the younger doesn't see the tears that brim and roll down from the corners of his eyes. "It was supposed to be perfect but you ruined it all! You ruined the perfect moment! I wasn't ready!"

"Hey, hey, don't cry, babe. Please?" Jackson lightly catches Mark by the chin and tilts his head back towards himself. His thumbs reach up and brush away the pearlescent rivulets streaming down the elder's cheeks. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so brusque. God, I'm always so insensitive towards you." He leans down and presses a chaste kiss to the corner of the elder's mouth before offering a hand to pull Mark up.

Mark sniffs and takes up Jackson's proffered hand and gets onto his feet, interlacing their fingers as he guides the younger into their shared bedroom. He opens it to reveal an elaborately decorated room filled with handwritten letters and polaroid pictures stuck onto the walls, red and black balloons gathered in the middle of the room, rose petals lavishly scattered all around the floor and on their beds.

"Oh love," Jackson snakes an arm around Mark's waiste and pulls the elder to his side, pressing his lips to the side of his face. "I'm really thankful that you put in so much effort to plan for our anniversary, love, but you know I have-"

"- timing." The pair answer simultaneously before breaking out into a laugh. Jackson presses his lips to Mark's temple again. "I feel so terribly guilty; I've managed to spoil your surprises for two years in a row."