Limestone

50 Shades of MarkSon

Mark is unpacking his belongings in his assigned bedroom when he hears Jae Bum calling out to him from downstairs that his new roommate has just arrived and will be coming up. He hollers an affirmative before returning to his activities.

When the door knocks, Mark calls the other boy in without looking up. He hears the hinges creak as he lays out his several pairs of sneakers and busies himself with setting them in a neat line. "Hey," Mark greets without turning in the door's direction. He's heard from Jae Bum that his roommate is Jackson Wang, twenty, from Hong Kong. That's all he needs currently and if he wants to know more in the future, he'll ask but now is not the time. "Jackson, is it? I'm Mark."

When he doesn't receive a response from Jackson (because who is so rude as to not reply when someone is talking to you, really) Mark stops in his bustling and finally straightens up. Was this dude expecting a former introduction or something, because I swear to- Turning to face him, Mark is shocked to find the younger's lower half bared. Had he taken his pants off after getting in here or had he been parading his ware around the house the entire time? His mouth drops open and he immediately diverts his eyes away from the terribly distracting sight. "U-Uh, Jackson...?"

"I want you to become well-acquainted, on first name terms if you will, with my favourite and most cherished part of my body." Jackson says seriously. He takes a step away from the door and further into the room and Mark takes a step back at the same time. No one warned him that his roommate has streaking tendencies and, though Californian sunshine boy and all, he is not ready to deal with groping hands and openly dangling es. Lord bless America.

They continue this game of cat and mouse until Mark is standing on his mattress and pressed up against the wall, and Jackson is standing at the foot of the bed, pants still around his ankles. There is no more space to run and Mark needs to face this trial like a man-kid that he is. "Jackson... I'm not sure if you might have heard from the other guys or anything about me coming from America but yes I am from there, born and bred in California. However, as liberal as I am I hope that you will be able to see that while I am not homophobic and am completely, 101% fine with your preferences, whatever they may be, I am straight as a ruler and will not appreciate my future roommate attempting to make a move on me so as not to make our future two-year-long co-tenancy awkward because I would love to be friends with you, really. Scouts' honour."

"What?" Jackson asks smartly at the end of Mark's drawn out breath. "No but seriously," The younger insists, stepping out of his jeans so he's only in his shirt and boxers, "You got to touch my thighs, man! I used to do fencing so they're tough as rocks! Here, give it a try!"

Jackson, Mark learns, is not the brightest bulb. Jackson, Mark too learns, is also as straight as a ruler and simply has no concept of personal space whatsoever. Lord bless America, indeed.