Moonshine

50 Shades of MarkSon

Jackson is drawn from his slumber by the dull aching in his tail bone. No matter which way he tosses and turns the discomfort remains, seeming to amplify the more he shifts. It appears fruitless to continue sleeping so he throws his blankets off his legs and sits up, trying his best to ignore the phantom pain in his lower back. The duvet slides down to his hips and reveals the torsos of both Mark and him, waistband of their boxers peaking from the hem of the blanket.

The movement stirs the boyfriend peacefully sleeping next to him and Mark blearily opens his eyes. He takes two seconds to process his surroundings before his eyes swing to the younger's. "Hey, you're awake? How's your back?"

"It's killing me," Jackson says truthfully. He runs his fingers over the sore area and groans. "Much more than expected."

Mark feels guilt sink in for putting Jackson in this state and gently knocks the younger's hands away, replacing them with his own. "Here, let me." His nimble fingers smooths over the bare skin and press on all the right spots. "Am I doing it right? Is it better?"

"Much," Jackson lets out a noise of appreciation and rolls his neck.

"I did tell you to slow down," Mark tutted, applying more pressure on the tender spots. "But no, you had to run around the dorm like a boss chasing Nora when Jin Young was clearly mopping the floor. You have no one but yourself to blame for slipping on the wet floor."

"Well, you did tell me to always follow my heart." Jackson turns around and bops Mark on the nose. "I followed my heart, and now I have a sore ."