Concrete

50 Shades of MarkSon

Jackson gently perches himself on the edge of the bed, careful not to disturb his boyfriend who's engrossed in his Kindle. "Hey babe, what are you doing? Reading?"

"Hmm? Yeah." Mark hums. "Just Stephen Hawking's latest work. Why? What's up?"

"It's just, there's this thing going around..." Jackson crawls up next to Mark and settles more comfortably beside the elder, slinging a casual arm over his narrow shoulders. Mark naturally gravitates towards Jackson and tucks himself into the younger's side. Jackson presses his lips against Mark's temple before settling his chin on top of the elder's head. "You know that book series that's become a worldwide phenomenon overnight? The name had just come up on Twitter the other day but I already forgot what it's called."

"Which one?" Mark asks absently, flipping another page on his e-book.

"You know, the one that's insanely popular. It's even been made into a movie."

This piques Mark's interest. "You're not thinking what I'm thinking, right?" Mark tucks his tablet away to give Jackson his fullest attention. "Are you talking about the one with the sticks and the dungeon? And something about red?"

"Yeah, yeah!" Jackson bounces on the mattress excitedly. "Not just red too, there's that other colour..."

"Grey?" Mark supplies.

"Was there?" Jackson frowns in concentration. "I mean, I guess the dungeons were kind of dingy and monochrome and grey... But I'm talking about the other house, Griffindor's rival, the one with the snake symbol. What was their house colour?"

"Green," Mark answers without hesitation. Slytherin's his favourite House because of Draco Malfoy. Say what you want about that brat but he's undeniably hot and Mark's always kind of had a book crush on the blonde. "Green and silver."

"Ah, yes, that's right! Green and red, like Christmas."

Mark reaches up and smacks Jackson on the head. "Only you would associate Harry Potter to Christmas."