Closer...

Try Again.

I wrung the cloth once more as i wiped the sweat from Kyungsoo's face. His temperature had gone down but, not by much. I think it had been the intuition of being his 'marked one' that had allowed me to feel his discomfort. It had all been subconcious, my wolf worrying about him. I folded the cloth and rested it on his forehead. "Are you hungry?" I blinked at the sudden voice as Suho appeared at the door. I shook my head and motioned to the ill male in the bed. "I'm not giving it to him, he won't eat like this. I'll place it in the fridge." He left without another word. A soft pop and Kai's scent filled the room as he approached.

"Is he any better?" I shrugged and leant back on the chair beside the bed, my eyes closing. "You know, You're getting closer to him." Kai's soft use of voice took me off-guard. "Usually, i'm the first to notice when he isn't himself. I'm going to warn you, when he finally calms down enough to stay awake... He's... Not his usual self. He's like, his wolf side is doubled." Kai sat on the bed and i opened my eyes to look at him. I had nevr felt the need to have a lengthened conversation with Kai. I had always thought that was Mutual.

"I'm Scared, Jongin." I bit my lip and looked over at the sleeping face, automatically my eyes softened. "These feelings... I'm not used to them. If only i had been able to prevent him marking me. You could have been together, I would have been with Lay and this would have all been fine. When i go back home to My pack.... I know all this good feeling of family will go. We'll be straight back to Luna and D.O." I pressed my palms into my eyes. "You would have had a chance to be happy with him." A sudden loud growl shocked us both, the growl came from Kyungsoo.

"Would you stop that?!" He suddenly sat up, ignoring his best friend's plea to rest. "What happened, did just that. It happened. Kai understands this, you should too! I thought we had gotten past all this?" I blinked at him, my eyes wide at his outburst.

"But...You could have both been happy" I trailed off, Kyungsoo's eyes swerved to Kai, he nodded and disappeared with the usual pop. Kyungsoo patted the spot on the bed beside him. "I'm not comfortable with that...." He allowed his eyes to widen but then nodded in understanding.

"Look, Luna-ssi..." He scratched the back of his neck and let out a sigh. "Things happen for a reason, Myself and Kai. We aren't destined to be together. We got used to that. Now we have a relationship of brotherly love. Nothing More. In all honesty, Kai's more attracted to you than me... Sure we were supposed to be mates. You were supposed to belong to Lay, Things happen for a reason. I'm scared myself." I took a minute to look over his face, his cheeks were pink and his teeth dug into his bottom lip. "But, I wouldn't change it. I'm not saying i'll pressure you into accepting to be my mate, that isn't something i can do. Just please, Stop blaming yourself. You have enough on your shoulders as an Alpha Female."  I unconciously reached out and traced my finger on his jaw, my cheeks pink. I picked the cloth up from his lap and dipped it into the bowl. It was then he noticed all the medical stuff. I kept my head down, intending to hide my betraying heart. I didn't want to believe in the pounding rythm or the butterflies in my stomach. In my mind, it was just the effects of the marking. "Hey, Sooki-ah?" kyungsoo spoke so softly it shocked me, i froze still. That's when i felt him press his lips to my forehead, I literally think my heart stopped. "Thankyou for helping with the fever." I sat for a few moments longer, inside i was jumping from the contact, but on the outside i pouted at him calmly.

"If you are that thankful, lay back down so you can recover. They let Chen cook earlier....It was disgusting!" I grimaced and Kyungsoo giggled, "I mean seriously. Who adds vinegar to Kimchi stew?!" I shuddered and placed the damp cloth back over kyungsoo's head as he lay down. 

"So you like my cooking?" I raised a brow at the adorable smile he had on his face. I simply shrugged. "You can act nonchalant all you want, I know my food is good." He closed his eyes and I turned the chair to fully face his bed. "Lean forward." I coughed and he pet the bed once more. "You're getting sick too. I didn't use enough flowers to cover you the other night. Rest your head on the bed." I blushed but did as i was told. My head resting on his chest. "And Don't refuse food, you need your strength."  I just nodded and slowly drifted off, both of us having as little contact with the other as possible.

 

"No! I Wanna see! Move out of the way hyung!" I grumbled at the sudden loud voices, Only Baekhyun would be this loud in the morning.

"No, As Alpha i have a duty to protect the mates." That caught my attention. Suho? and he said Mates... I snapped my eyes open. It atempted to wriggle but Something strong kept me in place. Kyungsoo had my head cradled in his arms. I wriggled again and he cracked one eye open. He mouthed a simple 'stay still' at me. I saw a small glint in his eyes that usually wasn't there. I jumped at a sudden squeal.

"YAH! DO KYUNGSOO! Put me DOWN!" Baekhyun's voice filtered into the room, Kyungsoo giggled. "I Will get Channie to burn you! I Will Blind you with My light! Let me DOWN!" I couldn't help but giggle slightly, my eyes met Kyungsoo's and i nodded. I closed my eyes again and took Baekhyun's voice by Illusion, only He would hear the shouting. 

"Oh dear, That's not fair now... since when were you teaming up?" Chanyeol's voice made me squeak and i stood up, tripping ovr the chair and landing on the floor with a thud.

"Yah! No fair!" I pouted. "Just Appearing like that!" I rubbed my as i stood. "You're going to pay hell!" I glared at him and stomped my foot, Torned vines entered through the window and wound around Chanyeol's legs. I raised at brow at Kyungsoo, Who looked very afraid.

"I'm not doing that...." He gulped and as i turned to Chanyeol, he burnt the vines off and grinned.

"When did you two finish mating?! You kept that quiet. Kyungsoo must not has been good enough!" He grinned more and my mouth gaped open. "Oh Yeah, Myself Baek and Chen are fully functioning Trolls." He saluted me and made his way out to save his Mate from Kyungsoo's plants and my illusion.

"We didn't...right?" I turned to Kyungsoo, my cheeks fully red and heated, he just shook his head. "Then How did i....?" My eyes widened and I pulled on one of kyungsoo's jackets. "I'll Be right back! I Need to visit Ryeowook." And with that i dashed out of his open window and off into the forest.


Hello! How are we all? I will still do the special chapter if i gain the comments, but as i had two people already tell me what they wish to see, Next Chap will be up later. And will be Kyungsoo's point of view. In honor of my first person to Comment. Then if i reach the amount, I'll release Both Kai and Lay ^^ Sound good?