Not Done Yet

Fool's Gold

"A little to the left...and release." Jongsuk and his basketball teammates watched the balloons drop from the roof of the school, landing at the feet of Hyomin and her female crew. The men ducked behind the wall so they weren't noticed and covered their mouths so their laughter wouldn't carry. The screams of annoyance from the girls were the kind of reaction the second heir hoped for. Act two played out on the large window looking out into the football pitch from the academy's dining hall. Jongsuk and his teammates took possession of the window washers equipment and made sure Hyomin's lunch contained some soap and water. It was childish, but the senior boy enjoyed himself. A playful warning to back off from his future sister-in-law.

Meanwhile Bella dodged long stares from the black eye and stitched up bottom lip. Shinhye and Hyosung spread the truth of her injuries and the student body at least knew Hyomin took it too far. But like any news, it blew over and the upcoming basketball playoffs were fresh on their minds. Deciding to purchase a soda from the vending machine, Bella adjusted her eye patch when making a selection. Her vision hadn't cleared since last Friday's incident.

"We need to talk." Kahi approached Bella with her arms crossed over her chest and a serious expression. Bella followed her to her office and sat on the chair, waiting for the woman to begin speaking. "I am going to go out and say it, so don't hate me for doing so. I am no home wrecker, but for Kim Woobin, I will do anything." It wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation, Bella knew that the moment she asked to speak with her. Any news with Kim Woobin wasn't pleasant anyway. "I love him. And I think soon, he will feel the same way. If anything, he loves me more than you already. And I am not even his fiancee."

Bella grew uncomfortable. She was already feeling guilty when she saw the two together. Woobin was more at ease with Kahi, he didn't have the expression he had with her of confusion and frustration. Woobin most likely thought of Bella as some baby these past couple days, having to clean her wounds and dress them properly. "I want you to leave. I want you to leave him." Kahi offered her money and transportation, as well as a job in Jeju. Bella could transfer to the British Foreign School in Jeju with her high marks easily. Being the secretary of the dean of students, Kahi could transfer Bella to the school with no problem. "Think about it. Here's my number."

Bella did think about, she thought about it for the past two weeks. Th quarter was almost over and it would be ideal to transfer before she reached midway through the semester. "I am here to see mister, um, I mean, my fiance." Bella was told to meet Woobin at Jeguk Inc. The two planned to find proper attire for the engagement party. If she left now, she wouldn't have to deal with the the hoopla that came with pretending to be his fiancee. As each day passed, Bella grew stronger feelings towards the heir and she tried not to. It was difficult when Woobin would tuck her into bed at night after he ensured she was feeling okay and cleaned up her wounds. Her eye patch now gone, she wore glasses to protect her from the elements such as the sun. Her eyes were still sensitive. She felt guilty for a lot of things. With her around she prevented Woobin to marry or be with Kahi or a girl of his choosing, she prevented Kahi from loving Woobin freely... Love shouldn't be forced. And she felt like she was forcing him. She in his huge high rise office and stared down at Gangnam from the window. His door opened and several Frenchmen and Woobin's assistant entered the room. She was trying to tell them that her boss wasn't in but they refused to leave. Bella, knowing French, spoke to them softly, attempting to mediate the confusion.

After an hour, Woobin arrived frantic, he got stuck at a meeting his secretary booked for him and he had no idea his business partners would arrive today. When he entered the room he expected to be scolded for not being on time, and possibly pulling out of their business venture. Instead he arrived with food laid out on the table and smiles on each of the faces, with Bella being the center of attention. The French businessman shook Woobin's hand and they spoke a bit before departing. He congratulated the two on their engagement, and looked forward for the wedding invitation.

"What happened?" Bella shrugged her shoulders as she helped his assistant and secretary clean up the table. Not wanting to show too much satisfaction, or emotion in front of them, he gathered his belongings and told Bella to follow him out. Bella finished cleaning with them before leaving, making Woobin wait by the elevators. He let out an exasperated sigh when she finally arrived. "What part of 'follow me' did you not understand?" Bella remained silent. It was too difficult to speak to him, it was pointless to share your thoughts because he felt his were the only ones that mattered. "We are picking a dress for the engagement party. You have an okay body so find one that's not too boring. I'll have to approve it, of course. Your style is a little, tomboyish."

He made Bella try ten different dresses until he settled on one they both agreed on. A navy blue laced dress with camel colored Christian Louboutins stilettos. Woobin made a mental note to place her on a diet. He disliked her curves, he pointed out to her and the female employees. Bella bit her tongue, and her urge to stab his eye with her new stilettos. "Woobin-ssi?" She never could talk to him casually. He didn't acknowledge her at first, until she called on him again.

"What now? You didn't get your feelings hurt when I called you overweight did you?"

"You never said I was overweight..." .

"Oh. What do you want to say then?"

"Let's stop. Let's end this." Woobin slowed the car down when the light turned red.

"We're not done yet, Isabella. You have a contract."

"What if we, or I, confessed that I made all of it up, and I disappear, no one will blame you, people will think I used you and you were just playing along...you have connections with the press, we can twist the news around and make you the good guy."

"You are willing to sacrifice your reputation for mine? Am I supposed to be impressed or sympathetic?"

"Never mind."