Photograph

Fool's Gold

It wasn't difficult for Bella to pretend to enjoy herself.  She actually did enjoy herself.  The beach was all theirs.  No one else was around but them and the photographer following them down around town and to their private beach didn't bother her at all.  She held Woobin's hand tightly as they strolled in and out of shops and eateries.  She played in the water while Woobin laid out on a lounger, watching her from where  he laid.  There was something so innocent about her.  Woobin had a dreamy look in his eyes as he watched his wife play in the water.  She was avoiding the waves, but moved towards it thinking she can handle it.  She ran to and from the sand. In and out of the water, being chased by the waves.  Woobin decided to join her, she was having too much fun by herself.  He grabbed her by the waist and she screamed.  A horrifying one.  Woobin let go over her as she stumbled backwards.  She fell into the water and the waves crashed over her.  The photographer and his team laughed at the sight.  Bella was carried further into the water and Woobin watched her with worry.  He reached for her arm, grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the water like sea weed.  It took her a while to find her balance again.  He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her against his chest.  He blocked her from the view of others as another wave threatened to move over them.  Bella jumped in his arms.  Her long legs wraped around his waist and her eyes locked with his.  She felt her heart beating loudly.  Afraid he would hear it thump, she tried to jump out of his arms, instead Woobin turned his back on the ensuing wave.  He stared back at her blue eyes.  There was panic.  It angered him.  Early in their relationship she would avoid making eye contact, but he would notice how she looked at him when she thought he didn't notice her.  He knew she found him attractive.  Not only because she admitted it to him, but because of how nervous she would get around him still to this day.  It was like she caught herself for a moment.  Her feelings towards him showed at the beach, enjoying their honeymoon. 

...

"Make sure you follow the rules of the contract under the honeymoon stipulation.  You need to act your part.  Cameras will be present and there are some in the company who still believe our relationship is fake."  Woobin warned her firmly to play her part well.  He practically scared her to do what she was contracted to do.  He knew it was difficult, even though she signed the contract and knew what was to be expected from her.  "Are you listening? This isn't a game, you have to think of this honeymoon as real, 100% real life. Understood?" Woobin couldn't let the speculators find any inkling of the actual truth between their arranged marriage.  Bella was a lifelong family friend, they met when they were young, they reunited again.  Bringing together a family after a tragic event orphaned the only child of the deceased.  The press ate it up.  Bella and Woobin's story spun into a fantastical tale that led them to this very beach, with this very photographer.  

...

Bella had no where to go, except to grip Woobin's shoulders tight as the waves crashed behind him.  The water was moving in slow motion.  The moment seemed to last for hours while Bella studied his handsome features.  How could she not fall for him, again?  He made it so easy when he made gestures like this.  Protecting her from the waves, concerned about her safety.  But was it real?  Was any of his sincere gestures real?  He pulled at her heart strings so many times, only to have those same strings cut with a pair of sharp scissors that is his personality. Bella heard the camera clicks.  Woobin was still not letting go of her and the waves settled down already.  He cooly helped Bella onto the safety of the sand.  He grabbed her hand and brought her to the lounger to dry off.  He acted as if the cameras weren't there, drying Bella with the large beach towel and trying his best not to smile to much.  Inside he knew the specs of the two sharing a moment will be captured and could be the photo that showed the company they was truely committed to starting a family.  

Bella hid under the large towel while Woobin dried her hair.  She could feel her cheeks warming.  She hoped the sun would already set while she was hidden.  She breathed in and out slowly.  The towel fell towards her feet revealing her face.  She stared up at her husband who was smiling warmly towards her.  He cupped her cheek.  The sun already lowering from the horizon.  Woobin leaned forward to kiss her lips.  She closed her eyes naturally, and got lost in the moment.  She kissed him back, lips locked to his softly.  Her arms moved around his waist as he pulled her towards him until there was no space between them.  She felt his strong body against her skin, it caused her breathing to escalate.  He angled his head as he continued to kiss her.  Forgetting that others were watching.  The photographer called his team to pack up and give the couple the privacy they deserved.  He felt they captured enough for the day.  The two continued to share their kiss unkowingly continuing without the audience.  For a few seconds, which felt like hours, the two shared their second kiss as husband and wife.  Bella believing it was all an act, Woobin hoping she would think that way.  For he couldn't lose his focus in the fake relationship that is Mr. and Mrs. Kim Woo Bin. He released her slowly.  Watching her eyes still closed shut, gasping slighlty as their lips parted.  He caught his breath, but he could tell she was still lost in the kiss.  He observed her as his arms became loose around her waist, taking a step back and giving her time to recover.  He already noticed mid-kiss the photographers were gone.  

Bella's legs were mush.  She couldn't hold herself up.  She fell to a seated position on the lounger as she finally exhaled and caught her breath.  Her hand over her heart trying her best to calm it down.  She looked up to where her husband stood.  He was turning and walking away from her, moving towards the water.  Bella was angry at herself.  Angry that she let him move her heart so easily.  She knew it wasn't real, but everything he did felt real.  She couldn't compartamentalize the feelings.  What was real and what was not meshed together and confused her soul.  She loved him.  She loved him despite how he felt for her.  She knew he felt nothing, that the moments the cameras captured each day of their new life together was all an act.  This golden life for the next five years will end, and she mustn't let herself feel more pain because of the unrequited love she felt for him.  He needed her.  Not because of love, but because the facade that their love will write.  Woobin needs Empire Inc.  And to get it, he needs Bella for five years.  She was starting to hate the number five.  

Woobin saw her hand clutch over her heart.  He knew the feelings back in Jeju would emerge again.  He felt sorry for his wife.  She was way too innocent to differentiate what was real love and affection and what was not.  He turned his head to catch the sight of her from his peripheral vision.  She was staring blankly at the sand, her hand still over her heart.  He chuckled at her lost moments.  Sometimes he wondered if she believed the world actually stopped while she processed things to her understanding.  WIth the cameras gone he could relax some.  He almost got lost in the moment himself, but he's had a lot of practice and Empire was at the tips of his fingers.  And fortunately for Woobin he could easily become indifferent after seducing a woman, even when that woman was already his wife.  "Yah. Come here." He called out to her, knowing she would awaken from her daydream.

Bella found her strength and walked to her husband.  She looked forward at the horizon.  The sunset was gorgeous in St. Barts.  "Wow."  Her thoughts on the kiss were lost while she admired the view.  Woobin pulled her in front of him, wrapped his arms around her tall, curvy frame, and laid his chin on top of her head.  The photographer set up a long lens camera atop the cliff to take shots of the beautiful island and of the happy couple below enjoying the sunset. 

Bella allowed herself to be pulled by Woobin.  She really couldn't think at this point.  If she were to survive this marriage, let alone this honeymoon, she would need to have a stronger resolve.  Ah, but how?  Woobin's arms felt so good around her.  She leaned back and allowed herself to be loved.  She lost all hope that she would experience true love anyway.  Plus, she loved how Woobin not once yelled at her for whatever reason because they were being watched.  She gasped when his words crept from the back of her mind.  Tomorrow you're going to fall hard for me.  We don't have to rush when you're alone with me.  She broke free from his warm cacoon, and ran into the cold water.  Her brain finally took over her heart from the shock.  She heard Woobin snicker, and she watched him gather their belongings while he made his way up the path towards their villa.  "Look what you've done,"  Bella whispered under her breath towards her arrogant husband. "We don't have to rush when you're alone with me?!" She spat out a little louder as she dusted the sand off her feeet and put on her shoes.  Loving can hurt.  Loving can hurt sometimes.  And Bella has many photographs to prove it.