I Don't Regret Falling

Fool's Gold

Isabella wandered down the pier thinking of her past and how a flash of it came back during closing time at the beverage shop. ​It was a close call, she knew he recognized her as she walked past him. She kept a straight face as she did, worried to show him she found herself thinking of him even after these past months. Plus, Kahi was there, and she owed her for giving the oppotunity to leave Seoul and break the contract. She arrived at the front of the beverage shop unkowingly, her subconscious must have taken her there. Since the shop was closed, she was suprised to see a car parked in front. The fancy automobile was running but no one was in the driver's seat. As she turned to retrace her steps back to the apartment, a familiar figure sat on the bench. It was him. It was as if something pulled her to him as she slowly walked towards the man in black. His back faced her. It was good, because she wouldn't have been able to stare at him for long. She got startled when he spoke to her, it was as if he had super powers being able to tell who was near. "It was a clean break, things went in your favor. You should go back to Seoul. I hear you're doing good things." Three sentences, that's all her nerves could conjure up. 

"Since when has your opinion mattered?" He hadn't changed. It shouldn't have surpised her. He was always harsh with her. Defeated once again with a few words from the heir, Isabella turned her heels, leaving him for good. Never again would she put herself in front of the man who only gave her heartaches and headaches.

Kahi stared back at Woobin, shocked because his accusation of being a part of Isabella's departure was her doing. However she truly believed the once fiancee of the heir wanted to leave the situation she was in. She removed his hands off of her arm and took a few steps back. She snorted, laughing at the situation she was in. The man she thought was finally matching her affection and adoration for him had been thinking of another woman the entire time. "What am I to you, Kim Woo Bin? I stood by your side even when you despised that woman. Yet, I am the one being yelled at?" She scoffed, and completely beside herself. She was blinded by her love for him as well as the status he would bring her and the financial security. He didn't need a contract to force her to stay. Kahi would continue to live loving him more than he would ever love her. She was coming to terms with that so long as he never looked at another girl. Yet. The one girl she thought he would willingly let go, was the one girl who blocked the love she should be receiving. "You of all people should be thanking me! I removed her from your life so you can be free to live without a contract. I know you disliked what your parents had you go through with her. I knew she tainted the perfect life you built for yourself. Besides. She wanted to leave you too. You weren't compatible and you never will be. Your parents would not have agreed to complete the contract with a separation anyway. I saved you from a loveless marriage and life."

Her conviction drove her to stay near the man. She knew loving Kim Woo Bin was a task in itself. She knew it was difficult for him to show affection, and the mere fact he was willing to introduce her to others as his partner, his girlfriend, to keep away would be gold diggers, was enough for her. She played a role very much like Isabella did. Except she had history. It surprised him he would be more concerned about the girl than her. She turned to see where she ran off too. If she couldn't fix this and calm the heir, she would make Isabella's life a living hell. All Isabella had to do was stay away from him, and of all places in Jeju they had drinks, it had to be the place Isabella worked at. "You should thank me." She finally said while her back was turned to him and arms crossed over her chest.

Silence. Then, tires screeched behind her. Kahi watched the man drive towards the resort they were staying at. She ran to her car and followed him.

He drove up and down the streets of Jeju, searching for any woman resembling Isabella, it was difficult as Jeju was at its peak tourist season. He needed to see her. Seeing her would put closure to the feelings brewing in his soul. He hadn't come to terms with the new feelings just yet. However seeing her would allow him to apologize for dragging her into a contract she didn't want to be a part of. That's a start at least. He could see two headlights flashing behind him, tailing his every move. Knowing it was Kahi, he slowed down to the side of the road until she parked her car in front of him. Getting out of the car he stopped her from exiting her own vehicle. "Don't follow me. I'll see you at the hotel meeting room tomorrow morning. This is something I need to do." His voice was stern as always and his eyes narrowed at her. "Get back to the hotel. I forgive you for what you did." He slammed the door and got back into his Porsche. Driving away, he exhaled. He couldn't blame the woman for looking out for herself. He knew Kahi hated the idea of a contract with Isabella. It wasn't like Woobin confided in her during that time though, but she was there distracting him from the moments living with his fiancee.

"I don't regret falling in love with him. I don't even know how or why it happened. It happened so fast too. The idea that someone sorta permanent would be with me for at least five years of my life...I secretly loved that. And it wasn't just him. His brother, his mom and dad, his lawyer...Christmas would be tolerable without my parents."

Stephanie hugged her friend after she finally shared her secret with her. "The man at the shop was really your fiance for a time being? Despite the circumstances, he was yours?"

Isabella laughed softly at her friend. She knew her wheels of imagination were turning. "Yes. Regardless of the contract, he was my fiance and all of Seoul knew it. I played the role OK, I think." She sighed deeply. It was a role many would love to play if they were strong enough. Isabella was weak. She couldn't separate her role from her heart. The small moments of attention he gave her, eventually became a feeling of adoration towards him. She loved him. Despite his arrogance. Perhaps she was blinded. She only looked at those sweet moments, though not many, enough for a girl who had no one. "He hadn't changed. He never actually looked at me as anything but a pawn in his game of chess. If I didn't continue with the marriage, it would have caused him his inheritance, his company." She leaned her head against the wall while she stared out of the window. "I don't regret falling," she whispered to herself, openly admitting the feelings she had for him. A black porsche parked in front of their apartment building. A man of tall stature stepped out of the car. His head swiveled around, finding someone to speak to. He stopped the flower market owner from across the street. Isabella watched him speak, a soft smile appearing on his face, and showing her something on his phone. The woman handed him blue peonies and pointed towards their building. Isabella stood up and closed the curtains, peeking between, just enough to watch the man walk towards her apartment and disappear from her sight. "Woo Bin?"