I Feel it Coming

Fool's Gold

She stared up at him, his dark eyes softer than usual.  She barely heard the appaluse.  

....

When walking down the aisle, she stared at a few familar faces.  Genuine smiles from Jongsuk, concerned eyes from Seunghyun, proud and happy tears from the Kim matriarch and patriarch, a teasing smirk from her sole maid of honor, Stephanie.  "Jackpot." She would say about their situation and living very comfortably in the Kim Estate.  Her blue eyes met his obsidian ones, and she felt her heart race.  Her husband was handsome and powerful, and Bella the envy of many. Some of those who bullied her back in prep school were in the audience witnessing the greatest rebirth of their once fallen prey.  She tried her best to not cry.  A moment like this should be witnessed by her parents.  A moment like this should be with a person of her choosing.  Not a contract with a handsome tyrant and his five year time frame.  Bella gasped when Woo Bin met her at the bottom step.  HIs eyes were kind for once, making her believe he truly wanted to marry her, that this was not an arranged marriage.  He was a man marrying the woman of his dreams, and she in turn, felt blessed to live forever with him.  The reality of the situation didn't actually sink in until they were sitting in the private jet carrying them to the Carribean

Woo Bin lifted her veil, and he was fixated on her eyes.  She was stunning, to say the least, and she was his.  He slipped the 1895 Cartier platinum wedding band around her slender fingers.  It stood strong tucked next to the large meteor of a diamond on her engagement ring.  It had to be large, it carried a tracker.  He chuckled to himself everytime he saw her with the ring on.  She always had it on too.  A stipulation from the contract.  

....

He leaned forward to kiss her, he noticed she closed her eyes, and he found it cute.  He kissed her long, and passionate, ensuing hollers and whistles from the crowd.  She nearly lost balance when he parted his liips from hers, feeling dizzy from the intensity.  It always amazed Bella how well he can turn it on, and it confused her just how believable her husband was.  Bella cupped her warm cheek with a palm of her hand.  She felt shy suddenly and the sound of the applause became muffled  Jongsuk whistled loudly as Woobin led her down the aisle and into the waiting car outside.  They drove back to the estate to change, and ready themselves for their honeymoon.  This was a big deal for Woobin, it would test Bella's fervor as cameras from both the hired photographer and publications would be chronicling the young couple in their honeymoon.  As they changed silently in their newly renovated wing of the main mansion, Bella was struggling with the buttons of her wedding dress.  Woobin stood without a shirt as he nonchalantly changed into his stylish travel clothes.  Bella turned slightly to make sure he was fully clothed and blushed again seeing him at his state.  "Um, could you help with my dress?"  Woobin made no sound as he did what she asked.  He left the room to go to the bathroom and give her some privacy.  Bella finally was able to breathe and quickly changed.  White fitted cropped denim along with a striped navy and pink rugby shirt were laid out for her, a feminine match to Woobin's masculine navy and taupe ensemble.  "Play the role. You can do this.  Don't fall for his charm.  He's really a rude, narcissistic man with no heart."  

Woobin chuckled at his wife's pep talk.  He always heard it because the woman thought no one was around when she spoke to herself.  He was secretly excited for the trip.  It entertained him to see how far he could go to make his wife blush and attempt to decipher his gestures as genuinie or calculated.  It was a game for him, although he wrestled with the notion of truly opening his heart to the woman, but the five year clock that is their marriage reminded him that no such thing could happen.  He will not do anything to jeaopardize his place.  After a few months into the marriage, the board members of Empire should vote him as their president.  They will see his committment to a family and that would officially stamp his permanent spot of his family's company. His second cousin still lurked in the background, wanting his spot and finding favor with many of the board members.  But Woobin's skill set in the field outshone his counterparts.  He did lack some human qualities.  A kinder, more sincere approach in their dealings with would-be clients, a genuine character the board wishes he developed more so it would be easy to trust someone with that much power.  Bella immediately became a favorite of some of the members and their wives.  Her down-to-earth personality coupled with her innocence, brought out a sincerity that's missing in the lives of the corporate elites.  Others, ike Suzy's mother, saw Bella as an outsider and the envious nature of the social elties matriarchs made for bad company.  And Woobin worried, soon, they would be inviting his wife to social events with their claws out.  Suzy was amongst the guests in the audience and still completely infatuated with Woo Bin.  She believed there was a way out of the marriage and she would have the heir of Empire, but to her disappointment, she believed Woobin actually did love the blue eyed woman.

Bella didn't shy away from showing some affection towards Seunghyun as the couple said their goodbyes to the family.  "I'll be OK, I promise.  I am more confident, stronger because of you."  Having Seunghyun as a safety net of sorts, allowed Bella to find the fortitude she would need to withstand Woobin's games.  To survive she must play the part well for both her sake and her husbands.  She knew the importance of her part in Woobin's gain into Empire's highest rank.  She owed it to the Kim family to help their eldest take his place.  With the contract aside, she understood her significance, and appreciated the years before meeting Suroo's son.  He was the secret benefactor who kept an eye at the orphan, and gave her an opportunity, albeit one with an unlikely circumstance and a marriage contract, to live a comfortable and happy life.  

Seunghyun kissed her forehead, gently and protectively.  How this girl moved her so quickly and brilliantly thrilled him.  The one thing in the way was the two week long honeymoon.  He didn't fear his cousin.  Woobin showed no interest in Bella, he mind was set on Empire and so long as the two grew closer and kept it secret from those who wish to see Woobin fall, Seunghyun would get a happy ending with Bella.  The two smiled at each other which seemed like forever, and Woobin let out an obvious irritated sigh which only Jongsuk could read.  He whispered in his brother's ear.  "Hyung, have you made up your mind?  You do realize that when the honeymoon is over, things with her will be more difficult if you don't figure out how you really feel."  How Jongsuk could be so perceptive, stumped Woobin.  The boy saw through Woobin, despite how much he lacked revealing his true emotions. 

....

Bella's jaws dropped at every thing she saw since landing and driving through St. Barts.  Up the hill they drove, to what seemed like the highest point of the island.  "$22,000 a night!? And it's just for the two of us?" Bella sank in her seat.  Woobin laughed at her reaction.  They settled in their home for the next two weeks.  "OK, I am not going to lie.  I am thoroughly excited.  This view.  Breathtaking!"  She rolled her luggage into the bedroom, not realizing she would be sharing it with Woobin.  Bella ran out into the pool area and stood near the edge.  "We are seriously on top of the world!  Woobin come look!"  Woobin noticed how carefree she was becoming, he wasn't certain if it was because of the photographer following them around chronicling their honeymoon.  Perhaps being under the sun and out of the Kim Estate seemed to give her a sense of relief.  But the thing is, she was still with the one person who caused her most of the grief, her husband.  

Bella caught herself smiling brightly at Woobin, even holding his hand as she balanced herself near the edge, wanting to soak in the view fully.  She felt like she was flying, she was so high up the beach and water below looked like an animation, almost unreal the beauty below looked.  Woobin heard the snaps from the camera.  He wrapped his arms around his wife, holding her closely as she continued to be mesmerized by the views.  The chef and kitchen assistants notified them that their meals for the day were prepared, and they would take their leave.  Woobin scooped up Bella in his arms, his wife grabbed his shoulders naturally.  He gave himself a mental reminder to tell him how pleased he was of her acting skills.  He stared at her for a moment, she stared back then looked away.  He could have sworn he saw her cheeks turning red.  A part of him believed it wasn't an act, that his wife was really moved by his gestures.  The photographer parted ways with them as well, and informed them he and his team would return tomorrow morning.  

After eating, Bella sat on her side of the master bed and wiggled her toes while under the blanket.  She wore a simple pajama ensemble and waited for Woobin to enter.  Her heart was beating furiously.  She was calmer when others were around, knowing Woobin was pretending to be sweet.  All she had to do was react to his sweetness.  And Bella did, she soaked it all knowing the narcissitic man wouldn't act kind when they were alone.  She caught a glimpse of him in his towel when he walked out of the bathroom.  Her eyes wide and her cheeks flushed.  She turned quickly to lay on her side and partially covered herself with the comforter.  Woobin threw his towel across the room, into the hamper near the door, in perfect view for Bella to see.  "Oh my gosh, he's ,"  Bella thought. Woobin walked in front of her to grab the lotion from his toiletry that laid on the desk near hers.  "Woobin!"  Bella screamed from under the covers.  

"I'm covered up, stop being shy." Woobin chuckled at his innocent wife.  "You do realize we will be together for 5 years.  We should be used to each other."  He made a good point.  Bella felt it coming.  More moments of having to show actual physical affection towards one another, and not be affected by it either.  They had to be comfortable around one another, fully comfortable, even with a little skin showing.  Agreeing to what her husband said, Bella let go of the covers.  Woobin tugged at the blanket playfully to try to catch a glimpse of her nightgown.  Much to his disappointment she was covered from head to toe. 

"Ah!" Startled, Bella screamed at his action, then gasped as she stared shockingly at Woobin's bare chest.  "Yah!  You said you were covered!?" He walked to his side of the bed and turned off the life.  His laughter filled the room.  "Now I can't sleep."

Snorting from her comment, he inched closer to her side of the bed, nearly spooning her.  Bella felt goosebumps, as if someone was hovering over her. As she turned her head, her lips nearly met Woobin's.  The two stared at each other for what seemed like hours.  Testing both their resiliance.  "Most girls wish to see me in this state.  Now close those pretty eyes of yours and get some sleep.  Tomorrow you're going to fall hard for me, Isabella Kim."  She turned her cheek and laid on her pillow.  Her heart beating so fast.  The sound of his voice alone shook her to the core, and slightly caused excitement, as she bit the bottom of her lip imagining the things he was capable of.  His lips ghosted the back of her neck, he remained behind her throughout the night.  Partially teasing her, and mainly because he wanted to keep her warm with the ceiling fans and ocean breeze cooling the room.  

Bella oddly felt comfortable with him right behind her, as if he belonged close to her.  Could it be marriage bliss accepting the situation for what it is?  But as she closed her eyes and willed herself to sleep, she had a worrying feeling. "Tomorrow you're going to fall hard for me..."  His words echoing in her mind repeatedly.  The sound of light rain pattered against the windows. "Woobin-ssi? Are you awake?" 

"Hmm?" His voice muffled.  He scooted towards her and draped his arm over her, and moved her body against his chest.  Bella allowed him to move her.  "Don't worry so much.  We don't have to rush when you're alone with me."  Confused, Bella tried to turn to look at his face.  His eyes were closed, his breathing deep.  What did he mean by that?  Mrs. Kim Woobin shivered despite being warm under the covers and in her husband's arms.  She closed her eyes, and a foreboding feeling swam over her.  But as Woobin's arm tightened over her, she calmed her worry.  This back and forth of emotions became tiring and confusing, yet Bella finally fell asleep for the first time in her husband's arms.