You're Just a Moving Part

Fool's Gold

After the hugs and kisses and lectures of worries and relief subsided, Woobin ordered the maids to carry their belongings into their bedrooms on the East wing of the home. Bella hugged Steph prior to sending her off down a short path towards her own new residence, a three bedroom guest home near the estate's outdoor pool. Bella wiggled her phone in the air to remind her to contact her anytime during the night. Steph was excited to say the least. She enjoyed luxuries, she's used to it when she lived in her upper east side Manhattan two story penthouse with her parents. Bella knew she'd fend for heself quite fine. It helped that Jongsuk took a liking to her right away, and vice versa. He offered to drive her and her luggage to the house that overlooked the lake on one side and the pool on the other. Jongsuk was all too familiar with the home, being that it was his retreat when he sneaked girls in the estate without his parents knowing. Steph of course was smitten when they met two hours ago.

Bella made her way up the stairs to her old bedroom. She was suprised how clean it was, nothing changed either. Her vanity area leading to the bathroom contained her makeup bag and jewelry case. Both perfectly dusted and kept tidy. Her closet door was opened containing her high fashion wardrobe courtesy of Mrs. Kim. The left door of her armoir containing her casual clothes and jackets was open just as she left it. She wondered why it wasn't touched, and why the entire room was kept the same as if they knew she would return. The bedding was recently changed however. Bella could tell from its fresh lavender smell. Woobin entered her room through the large shared bathroom. He placed a stylish blush pink leather backpack similar to his, but with a feminine flair to it, on the chair around her small table. He took out a binder and placed it on the table, pointing to its contents. "Your employees. Study their profiles. You and Stephanie will be meeting them tomorrow. You should have proper work attire. I'd like you to wear heels, however I know how awkward you are in them. A tray of beverages and you in heels would not be a good idea. Wear the white trainers from Acne Studios or the Adidas Stan Smiths with the soft pink heel with a matching skirt and top. You can still remain stylish while dressing professional."

"What am I your Barbie doll?" She mumbled under her breath, only to forget how he had bat ears and heard it. He smirked and moved closer to her, so close she ended up falling onto the bed when she tried to retreat.

"If you I treated you like a Barbie doll, would you let me undress you?" Was this his way of flirting? Bella knew she couldn't win with him, and for a moment she thought she should play along. If he was going to pretend to love her to the point of winning an award like he said, she may as well try to win best supporting act. She reached for his face and caressed his cheek. She bit the bottom of her lip and batted her eyes flirtatiously. She had no idea how to flirt, but it would have to do for the time being...making a mental note to ask Steph how to do it tomorrow.

"I don't think you can handle me, Woobin." She giggled cutely, trying to play coy. She knew her face was warming and turning the rosy pink like it was in the car when he noticed her lack of support under her blouse.

Woobin hovered over her when she fell backwards onto the bed, both hands on the mattress supporting his body as he looked down into her crystal blue eyes. He noticed how awkward she was in her attempt to flirt back. It took all his will to keep from laughing. Long lashes were cute, on a girl who knew how to use it to her advantage, not one who sounded and looked like she had a nervous tick. "Is there an irritant in your eye?" He placed his hand on her cheek as well, pressing his thumb under her eye to pull the bottom lid down and check. Her cheeks were red, warm, his closeness obviously turning her on as well as embarassed, obviously by his reaction. She swatted his hand away and pushed him with all her might. Her palms pressed to his hard chest, pushed him off her and away from the bed. The blush cheeks were covered by the hood she wore over her top.

"Go away. I need to shower." Woobin laughed, truly enjoying the exchange and her presence back in his life. He did enjoy teasing her. She grabbed clean clothes from her suitcase and entered the bathroom. The door shut and she locked it forcing him to exit her room a different way from how he entered. She also locked the door on the other side of the massive bathroom that led to Woobin's room. Cool air from his fan entered the bathroom just before she closed it, she could smell his scent. She saw his robe, hanging on the hook, next to her clean one which was on a hanger. Gravitating to it she closed her eyes as she took in its scent. It smelled of Woobin, and it somehow calmed her. "I need to become stronger to remain by his side." She undressed, tossing her clothes in her hamper, also next to Woobin's under the tall, custom double sinks. Entering the shower, she the main shower head and the three side jets shooting off the walls to massage her aching joints from the travel  and the stress called Kim Woo Bin.

He could get used to the cute dialogue with her. He smiled more since the reunion in Jeju, and it was obvious she was to blame. He wasn't the type to think about others before himself, unless of course it was his family. Woobin didn't really find much enjoyable. He occasionally played golf and worked out, obviously. However he does not do much leisure activity, nor does he meet up with friends for a relaxing drink. He felt time was precious and at his age and position in the company his expectations were to work hard and play less. It didn't mean the man was lonely, it did mean he was slightly boring however. He put his energy into the company, he believed when he's much older and in a comfortable position he could relax some. Although at the moment, he felt confident in his ability to run the company and tackle the challenges he faced with ease, so long as he continued to move and never let up on the gas. He sat on his chair facing the balcony of his bedroom. Instead of looking at the picturesque scenery he stared at the locked door of his shared bathroom. In the short amount of time he's known Isabella his life had a slight excitement to it. His daily routines suddenly had unexpected speed bumps; changes and distractions he wasn't used to and thought he could avoid if he kept himself clean and away from others. According to him, people muddled his life, he knew interactions from those who weren't as passionate as he was would stall him. Feelings and emotional attachments were things he avoided, hence, zero serious relationships. Acquaintances was enough for him. Was Kahi an acquaintance, despite growing up together in prep school and university? To Woobin, she was a friend, along with his handful of university brothers who were successful in their own family business and the like. But none of them he would consider a close friend, because Woobin isn't the type to share his feelings. He wore his emotions on his sleeve, regardless of lacking emotions in the first place. However, he was calculating in his approach towards projects and people alike. He never approached anyone without an agenda. He planned obvious and predictable outcomes, alternatives and advantages, he was analytical which worried his parents. Woobin had the reason and the thought when it came to approaching something through a business standpoint. But business wasn't always just about business, people were involved. And their son lacked the people skills, his apathy towards the feelings of others was his key flaw. Then, like a sudden tropical rainstorm, Isabella Park came into his perfectly planned life. Their son forced to tap into his feelings, showing an array of emotions during each aspect of the woman's attack. Woobin, usually calm and collected, developed waves of anger and annoyance, sympathy and care, and possibly patience towards the young woman. She was unlike him in most aspects, she was chaos to his order, and the one person who defied him since day one. She showed him that both his career and personal life could not be calculated and planned out ahead of time, that he would be given a challenge he alone could not overcome, that it was about time to use his heart to try to find order in the chaos, and that the future was truly unpredictable yet that's what makes life exciting.

He looked at the chess board on his table. His mind brought him back to an encounter he witnessed between Kahi and Isabella.

"You're just a moving part, he will never care for you the way he cares for anyone but himself. With you out of the way, he will care for me just as much. It can't happen if you're around..." It was a short conversation, Kahi did all the talking. Isabella listened politely like she always did. Back then Woobin was happy Kahi confronted her, it was great for a man's ego to hear a woman fight for him. It was the Monday after the scandal Isabella started when he handed her his business card. He was forced to agree to the engagement, and he was filled with anger. Woobin saw Bella as a pawn.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose. The male's eyes lifted, the white queen in his eyesight standing three spaces in front of the black king. In front of the king, a single pawn. Isabella was the pawn. A moving part to his game of chess. Protecting his position at Empire Inc. His desire to take his father's place in Empire Inc was the fire that kept him focused, and also selfish. He heard the water turn off, and her voice resonating through the cracks under the door. Music playing in the surround sound system of the bathroom. A soft smile appeared on his face. Her voice singing along with Taylor Swift's Blank Space. He disliked Taylor Swift music, Ellie Goulding was his preferred choice. Her singing voice had some sass as the song required. He could imagine her dancing in the oversized white monogrammed robe with a towel wrapped around her wet hair.

If he thought about it too long he could drive himself crazy. Though she admitted her feelings towards him it wasn't as if she was head over heels in love with the man, Woobin may be arrogant but he was humble enough to admit the feelings she confessed to him were light and lingering. He didn't know much about romance nor love, however he knew it took more time than a single glance or two months worth of forced interactions and a marriage contract. Like the calculated man he was, he knew he must think things through before giving in completely to any permanent feelings he has for Isabella. He did not know the degree of her "love" for him, he could easily be the moving part in what he thought was a chess game he had complete control over. He couldn't underestimate the woman. She almost brought him to his knees in the tiny Jeju apartment had he not predicted a possible random reunion such as it was. And so, the world's only living heart donor persisted, showing apathy towards the woman, or at least showing just enough to keep her confused and close. He had yet to decide if she was the one, too early to tell and too dangerous to admit it. He is after all a man not quite in tune with his emotions. He knew he needed her to move his way up Empire Inc. For now, the priority is to keep her playing her part in the game.

The king played foolishly. The white queen stood at h4 on the board with a clear path towards her target. Check mate. A classic chess game win. He wasn't going to be the black king, and he would not allow her to be the white queen either. If he didn't play the game intelligently the woman could take down the empire. He would truly be branded a fool's mate...