Stay

The Power of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventh day without you still leaves pain in my chest. My days feels empty without you. My cell phone is no longer fun because I no longer saw a brief message from you, no phone calls from you, and no longer the warm greeting from you. I forced myself to get used to live without your figure, which I don’t know, at this time what and to whom my life for.

This morning, I started the day, trying to get used to not check the phone after waking up. I cried stare at the ceiling, as thank to God who gave me the breath of life till today. I cried when the smile of yours comes to my mind. My chest tightness, spent to missing you.

Yesterday at noon, I passed the road we used to through. Tightness in my chest is still the same, I still imagine sitting on the bicycle, hug, laugh with you. And when my ballet class finished, I didn’t immediately leave the studio. Some twenty minutes I stared at the sidewalk where you usually wait for me, I wish you were there, bring two helmets and prepared me home with your bike. But, in fact all in vain, you're not going to come, and hope that for this moment is too high expectations for me. Somehow  you that I used to be very easy to meet, now so difficult for me to look at. Your figure can no longer looking for, you just go, disappearing I could no longer meet, I could no longer to see. I decided to stop hoping you would come, I walked toward the Han River that we usually go. A long time I was staying there with an empty mind, and back I decided to stop so I don’t remember torturing myself. There are too much memories that I can’t forget. You have become a part of me and very hypocritical if I claimed not to lose you. You are humorous, fun, calm, and simple things it has always managed to make me fall in love with you all over again. Your hug is the simplest place I always wanted to visit, unfortunately now I'm not allowed to go again get into your world. I miss you and always want to know you, but I tried to fight the feeling, so I can quickly forget you, then underwent my days as normal as possible.

Eight years, we've shared, perhaps in the eyes of many people it was quite a long time, and only me and you who know how we got emotional closeness that other people could never understand. I thank you for eight years beyond me. You asked me to eat at the food street, you drive me to the front of the house even though I know you must be tired with the pedals, you've ever there in front of my house just to show how you could be handsome while wearing a formal shirt, you've suddenly there in front of the fence and say how much you really love me, you always accompany me while I have the dance class, even though I always ignored you when I'm busy with my hobby, you became the shoulder to cry on for me, you make me laugh for no reason, and you made me believe that true love is not only belongs to the story of the princess and the prince in a fairy tale. All I could remember is, that I am loving you. I am still loving you.....

In the morning when the fresh breeze was blowing, the lovers are cycling together. Under the clear blue sky at the time, laughter is a crisp sound, like the dew that falls wake foliage. Two tiny hand wrapped around the abdomen stated that she felt very safe and comfortable in it. While two other hand struggled to keep its trust.

“This is the beginning of a wonderful week!” Shouted Jihyo, then she is leaning her head into the man’s back.

Implied smile on his face instantly, “You've been training for this, I am sure that you can do it!” Kang Gary, faithful lover Jihyo for 8 years. They met while they were in college. Kang Gary is a photographer, while Jihyo is a ballerina. The beginning of their meeting with the accident occurred. Jihyo who was practicing ballerina in one of the parks where they are studying, unintentionally became the object of Gary’s photo. The same thing happens turns back, until finally Gary seek Jihyo deliberately. Gary doesn’t understand, but he felt he had fallen in love with his own object. He didn’t recognize Jihyo, but his heart recognize it. Suddenly it will be difficult to breathe when he managed to find Jihyo. And that's when he realized that he was in love. And until recently, photographs of Jihyo fulfill his wall.

“If you remember bicycling  like this, I could remember the first time I take you for cycling. At that time, you don’t want to accept my offer, and the reason is that you are fear!” Gary laughs with his own story, he still remembers clearly how Jihyo expression of fear when riding a bicycle with his for the first time.

Jihyo laughed remembering it, “It's not because I'm afraid! I have never cycled again for 10 years back. Because I very often fall off the bike. I was traumatized! Mmm.. something like that!” she said defensively and leaving the pout behind.

“But now, do you still traumatized?”

“No! I'm very familiar with this bike. I think, besides love you, I love this bike too!”

“Aigoo... Then I won’t ask you for cycling again!”

“Aish, you are such a jealous man!”

Gary and Jihyo are giggling as usual as they are, but the bikes they ride suddenly lost control. Gary realize something was wrong, so anything with Jihyo. Their faces pale. "Yaaa! Take down, palli! I can’t control it, quickly went down!” Shouts Gary, while he is trying hard to stop the bike. But it actually made things more complicated.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!” unconciously, the car that goes with high speed, bumps in to them. Jihyo’s small bodies thrown hard to the pole on the roadside. While Gary just fell down and thrown not so far. Jihyo who still have consciousness, looked at Gary weakly. Her hands were shaking as if to grab him. Without realizing it, her body has been filled with the bloods. She is calling Gary’s name faintly, until she completely lost her consciousness. Meanwhile, Gary is also no power, trying to stand up with a wound on his head, he staggered toward Jihyo. He cries, hugging her tiny body covered in the blood. That there is only on his mind, that Jihyo will leave him forever. The crowd of people trying to immediately call an ambulance. Until finally the ambulance came five minutes later, “Quick save her!” Gary says half shouted, his body weakened, eventually falling in the streets. The sound of an ambulance siren that day, the voice of the most sinister is the background music of their love story.

In the different ambulances, Gary finally regained consciousness, remembered how his girlfriend's body was full of blood. He wept silently, praying that all would be fine.

“She would be fine, right?”he asks with his low voice. “Save her, please..”

 After arriving at the hospital and treated by a team of doctors, Gary eventually recovered. The wound on his head has got five stitches. Although he is should rest, but he remained stubbornly out towards the room where Jihyo being handled by a team of doctors. He looked weak existing window glass in front of him. His lips didn’t stop with the pray, his eyes didn’t stop with the tears.

It takes 2 hours for the doctors to handled Jihyo. Gary immediately approached and asked him the circumstances. “Doctor, how about my girlfriend?”

The doctor just silent for a while, then he is patting Gary’s shoulder, “Her life was saved. But, her foot is impacted too hard. There is a broken bone on her foot. The effect, could lead to her feet gets difficult to be moved. Can be cured, but the chances are not great. You should do, is to carrying her to keep the spirit..” he smiled, then pats the back of his shoulder.

Meanwhile, Gary is getting blank after hearing the Doctor's words. His leg is trembling, the wall beside him become the backbone of his body. He is confusing, how to approaching her, how to hold his tears in front of her, and the most he is fearing for is, how to tell her about her legs. Eight months from now on, she would be facing the Ballet Competition. It is her dream, to be the best ballerina and sent throught the World Ballet Competition. He just didn’t dare to broke them.

“Gwenchana?”the doctor asks him. He just nods to paid it.

“I am having the Ballet Competition!”she smiles happily while running then hugging him around her body. “It is my chance! If I am become the winner, I would facing the another competition, World Ballet Competition!”

“Jinjja? Oh! I am so happy hearing that, honey!”

“I would be so busy after this. You, jealous man, don’t think too much about it. Although, I am kinda busy, but I am still yours, right?”

Gary just nods, being a supportive boyfriend, he would take down his jealous habbit. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter