Kang Gary - Part I

The Power of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning, in Seoul, at Summer, after getting off the bus, Jihyo walks to her school as well as others who are equally so. The difference is, she is walking alone. From behind, Jihyo could heard the motorcycle. It voice was a bit noisy. Soon, the motorcycle was already in line with her. Approaching her on purpose. Such as deliberately to emulate the speed by itself is running. The rider uses the same uniform as she wore. Although it was a lot of people who will go to school, Jihyo remains alert, worried that he wants to do something bad at her.

"Good morning," the man said at the top of it.

"Good morning", Jihyo answered, she turned to him briefly.

"You are Jihyo, right?"

"Eh?", Jihyo turned at him, make sure she probably knew him. But she is not, then she said, "Yes".

"Can’t I predict something?"

"Predict? What?", Jihyo immediately surprised by the question.

"Yes. I bet, that we will meet in the school garden this afternoon."

Jihyo’s eyes open widely, how could he say that thing? So, she is not taking him seriously. But Jihyo doesn’t know what to answer. She only smile, maybe that's enough, just to exchange pleasantries. Don’t be a y too.

"Want to come with me?" He asked.

"No. Thanks," Jihyo replied. Of course she would not, she just meet him, she doesn’t know him, but he already dared to ask such a question. Jihyo looked at him, briefly, "It's close," she continues.

"Okay", he said, "One day, Jihyo-ya, you'll ride with me. Trust me.."

Jihyo didn’t answer anything, because she didn’t know what to say. “Nuguya?”

 

During the break, Jihyo intends to want to buy a drink in the cafeteria, where she need to pass through the school's garden to go there, but it was not to fulfill the prophecy of that man. But Kwangsoo, her classmates, as well as a Head of The Class requested her to spending sometime to talk, he said there would be something important to be discussed. She was agree right away.

While she was discussing with her friends, someone is approaching her and say excuse then walked into the classroom. His name is Haha, he come to give Jihyo a letter, he said it was a letter from his surrogate.

With a little sense of wonder, after Haha passed, Jihyo read the letter,

Jihyo, my prophesie was wrong. Sorry. But I would predict again, that tomorrow we're going to meet.

Jihyo can instantly find out who sent the letter. Surely it was him, the person who was riding a motorcycle this morning and said that he could predict something. She immediately fold the letter and insert it into her school bag, and again she join at Kwangsoo who is much talk about this and that which she bore. But Jihyo can no longer concentrate on their words. Her mind, for some reason, mostly, suddenly drifted to the Soothsayer.

On the way home, for some reason, the prediction that tomorrow they will meet, continue to haunt Jihyo’s head. "What? Tomorrow? Huh, tomorrow's meeting? Is not it a holiday tomorrow?" She kept muttering to himself and knew immediately his prediction has certainly failed again. How could they meet, if not in school?

 

The next day, Jihyo hear the doorbell rang. She yelled for her sister to open the door. However, no reply. So she moved from her bed and opened the door. Incidentally, only she and her younger sister that morning. All her family are going to enliven a family event in Busan.

Jihyo wash her face briefly before she opened the door to meet the guest, just trying to be look okay even she just woke up. But, Oh my God! She was surprised, that man, standing in front of the door and smile peacely, the one who said that they would meet her today. Jihyo smile to him smiling to herself.

"Uh? Annyeonghaseyo..". She greeted a man who was still smiling peacefully.

"There's an invitation," he immediately said that, as he handed an envelope while still standing there, in front of the door.

"What invitation?", Jihyo looked at the envelope.

"Read it, but later on."

"Okay."

"I'm going straight home, huh?", He excused to go.

"How did you know my house?" Jihyo asked, still curious and surprised why is he there in front of her house.

"I'll know your birthday, the things you like and things you don’t like too.." replied the man, did not give an answer to the previous question. "I go first, okay?"

"Yes" Jihyo nodding slowly, speechless. She did not even know his name, who he is, but why like this? She wanted to know who he is, and why did she should be nervous in front of him?

Jihyo back to her bedroom and the smile itself mainly because of thinking about how he could get home even in this early morning. She then read a letter of invitation from him while throw her body on the bed.

'I was right? We'll meet today. We will continue to meet, so keep going to school.'

Jihyo frowned, but it just only a few sentences, why should he bother written on a large paper and put it into the envelope? After reading, the more Jihyo not understand is why she immediately felt not want to go from the top of her bed, she really like someone who was being held captive by curiosity because she wanted to know who he really is.

She lying down while wondering how could she met him? And when there are pictured of his face on the ceiling, she immediately closed her eyes, so that then she could throw him away. "Why should I think about him? Not important!" She muttered to herself. She took a deep breath and take it out, trying to make herself relax.

But no matter how hard she tried to forget him, she still can’t. She just knew he was on the same school with her, just not on the same class. That is it. But she did not know his name. Why did he not tell his name at the time first time they met?

 

On Monday, Jihyo saw a commotion at the downstairs. From her class corridor which  located on the top floor, she tried to find out what is the cause of the commotion. She was surprised to see him among his friends is being punished by his teacher after successfully escaped from place to hide, to avoid the morning class.

 "He again!" Joong Ki whispered, he is a friend of her, such as talking to himself alone.

"Who is he?" Jihyo immediately asked.

"Gary.."

"Oh."

Gary, he is the one who come home yesterday, and smiling at the door at a peace. She finally know his name. And so she immediately knew that Gary is one of the gangster around Seoul. Occasionally he is a brutal child. He is known as a brutal gang generals. He is a brat who yesterday had made her curious as to know more about him. But suddenly, that day, she regretted having been comforted by his letter. She was upset right away.

To the extent that if such people ask whether Jihyo know Gary? She was convinced, that she would immediately pretended not to know him. Jihyo really so scared. He must have been very naughty, and also possi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter