The explanation

Friends?!

Dara´s POV

I decided to go with the MV thing, since I believe it can be a good strategy to get attention for the drama. Plus, I can use this opportunity to talk to Ji Yong and demonstrate him that we can be in good terms starting with our business relationship. Also, when I talked to Hae about this he didn't seemed to mind, so I think it won't be a problem. Thinking about him makes me miss him even more. Of course, we have been talking every day, but we haven't had the chance to see each other since he came to YG one week ago, partly because of our schedules and the lack of a place to meet. I know I could go to his place or he could go to my household, but my mom would go crazy of happiness and never let him out and as I told him I don't want to be seen over so frequently. I've been looking for some places, but so far none has been attractive enough.

Anyway, today is the first reading of the script for the drama and maybe we can hang out before. Last night he told me he was going to try to arrive early so we can go for coffee but it's almost time for it to begin as he isn't here. At the end, he arrived late to the reading and we had to start without him. I know I shouldn't and that he had a good reason for it, but I am kind of annoyed. I really wanted to spend some time with him.

-Hello - Apparently, he approached me as I was gathering my things.

-Sup? - I say as I try to keep me busy with my purse.

-Are you going to the dinner? - The team has prepared a little dinner for everyone to get to know each other before the filming starts.

-Of course. - I'm still not meeting his gaze, I know I'm going to shout or cry when I do.

-Want to ride with me?

-Not really, oppa will take me. Thanks for the offer, tho. - I don't know what's happening to me. I've never been the type of girlfriend who gets mad at everything or that needs much attention. I would describe me as low maintenance, so what's wrong with me?

-Is everything okay? - I can hear the concern in his voice, but I can't bring myself to tell him what's going on.

-I don't want to talk about this now. - I decide to finally meet his eyes. - See you there.

 

Donghae´s POV

 

I'm dumbfounded. Dara has never been like that with me, she always says what she is thinking. I mean, I get that I did arrived later than expected, but my hyungs weren't letting me go. Is that even the reason she is like that? I don’t know what to do, she said she didn’t want to talk about it, and I don’t want to pressure her, but I don’t want her to think that I don’t car. Ottokae?!

 

Dara is more of a shy girl, so I know she is probably going to sit in a corner and watch everyone else and maybe excuse herself early. When I arrive to the restaurant everybody has already arrived, Dara seems to be trying to make some small talk with the director and writers, which makes me proud. I myself am not a really extrovert person, so I know how much effort she is putting into this. Since the dinner wasn’t part of the initial plan, most of the cast had to go due to their schedules. But is just now that I realized that besides the director and writters, it is just Dara, Nam Joo Hyuk, and me that are here.

 

-Annyonghasaeyo, sunbenim.- Joo Hyuk-ssi says and everyone turns their heads towards me.

- Hello. I guess I´m late again. – I stare directly into Dara´s eyes. – I´m really sorry, it won´t happen again.

- Don’t worry, Dong Hae-ssi, it can happen to everyone. – The director says. – Please, take a sit.

- Thanks. – I sit beside Joo Hyuk-ssi, who plays as my dongseng in the drama, and in front of Ttoki.

 

The dinner goes nicely, we talk mainly about the drama until they announce they have to go to attend to a meeting with the exceutives of the tv channel, leaving us three to finish our meals. After a rather awkward silence, the youngest decides to speak.

 

- Noona, I heard you are going to be part of Ji Yong hyung MV. Woah, you´re really into everything. I swear I don’t understand how you can manage your work schedule plus your relationship. Hyung and you are awesome. – It takes me a minute to realize he is talking about she and Ji Yong and not us. I thought she had already told everyone…

- Actually, we are not together anymore. – She simply replies.

- Woo? That´s so sad. You were a power couple, nonna. – He is clearly surprised with the news. – I was rooting for you. I even believed you were going to get married. – This is really bothering me. I knew they were a couple and that everyone at her company loved them together, but it´s not easy to keep a straight face when someone is rubbing that in your face, even if he is unaware of the situation, and not being able to say something.

- Yah! It´s not sad, we just weren’t right for each other. – She sounds so sure when saying this that makes my anger go down.

- Mianhae.

- If you are really sorry you can help me spread the word … I don’t know how to tell everyone, so it might be easier if they hear it from someone else but us.

- Don’t worry, noona. I´ll tell every person I talk to at YG. – I don’t know if they are being serious or just joking around. – I´ll get to do that right now, see you. – He bows at me and gets going.

- I think I better get go-

- Don’t do this. – I cut her off. – Tell me what happened.

- I´ll meet you at your place in an hour. – And then she is gone.

 

Dara´s POV

 

I was dropped at my home and then went to Hae´s by myself. I´ve decided to take my mom´s car since mine can be recognized by a fan. I´m currently at the elevator and I am freaking out. I don’t know what tell him, I don’t even know the exact reason why I got mad and acted like that. He is going to think I am crazy. I hate elevators, they are super-fast when you don’t need them to be. As soon as I buzz the doorbell the door opens.

 

- Hi. – I give him a quick peck on the cheek since I don’t know what else to do with myself and the proceed to remove my shoes. – Where is Bada? – As soon as I say her name she comes to greet me, so I pick her up, run to his bedroom and close the door. I am hiding inside of the sheets, trying to distract myself by petting the puppy.

- Dara, what´s going on? – Although he didn’t remove the sheets he is sitting beside me.

- I don’t know. - It´s true I really have no idea, besides me being petty.

- Come on. Tell me. I really want to understand you. Pleeeease – He is such a sweetheart.

- It´s stupid. – To be honest, I am a little embarrassed.

- Don’t say that. Nothing you say could ever be stupid. – Now he is closer and trying to make me come out from my fort.

- Fine. – I finally let go of the sheets. – It was because you said you were going to try to be early today so we can hang out and ended up being late. I know it doesn’t make sense since you didn’t promise anything, but it´s just that I´ve been missing you so freaking much and got excited to finally have some time with you and then it didn’t happen! – I know it really isn’t such a big deal, but I don’t stop talking. – I didn’t even know I could be like that for such a small matter and it made me felt uncomfortable. I was trying to understand myself, okay?

- You missed me that much? – He smirks and then nudge me.

- Yah! – I smack his hand – That’s on what you are focusing? – He is unbelievable.

- I missed you too, jjagi, more than you can imagine. And I am sorry for being late the members weren’t letting me go. Hyuk told Yesung about us by accident and his cheap mouth couldn’t help himself so now they all know. – I don’t say anything so he goes on. – So… now they want to meet you.

- But we already know each other. – I am quick to state this fact as I get up to sit.

- I know and that’s what I tried to explain them but they insist that they need to talk to you and meet you as their sister in law.

- Why? When? Where?

- Because they are crazy. Tonight. Here. – As he says that the bell rings and I know this is going to be a long night.

 

A/N

Hello! Here is a new chapter, sorry for the wait, I hope you enjoy it! Again, any comment, request or advice is welcomed. 

LOVE, 

ACO_Mo <3