Better keep praying

Friends?!

Donghae´s POV

We´ve just arrived to my apartment complex, and honestly, I´m a bundle of nerves. Is it clean? When was the last time the ahjumma that helps me came? Omg, I don’t even remember how I left it before I went out this morning. She has been over before, but at the time we were merely friends and although I have always been attracted to her I knew there wasn’t any possibility for us to be together. Let´s just hope for the best.

 

Dear God, please let me act like a normal person. I really don’t want this relationship to end the very same day it started…

 

- You never act like a “normal person”, Hae. Actually, I think that would be a miracle… Hmmm, better keep praying. – She pats my head as if I she was comforting me.

 

All I can do is blink repeatedly trying to process what she just said.

 

- If it were any other day I would have let it slide, but since you kept teasing me about my slip of the tongue you shall be tortured. – She says with a smirk.

 

- Whatever, I don’t care. It´s good that you know I´m weird. – I try to appear nonchalantly, but she knows better.

 

- Okay, weirdo. Then I better get going, maybe it´s contagious. - She makes a face and tries to start walking towards the exit of the garage.

 

I know she’s joking, but I ain´t taking any chances, so I grab her arm and I drag her into the elevator.

 

- We should´ve used the stairs. It´s better for the environment. – She says with an annoyed tone, but her eyes are smiling.

 

- I know, I know. But did you know that the elevator does not have CCTV whereas the stairs does? – I say wiggling my eyebrows trying my best not to laugh.

 

- YAHHH! You´re such a ert! – She is as red as a tomato, and looks so cute that I don’t even mind that she is hitting me.

 

- I just wanted you to know that to ensure you that there is not going to be any evidence that you were here, even on CCTV. – I say with an innocent expression. - Judging by your reaction and what you said earlier about dying to kiss me, you are clearly the ert here. – If looks could kill, I would have been death like five times by now.

 

- You realize that there are CCTV on the hallways, right?

 

And just in time, the elevator opens, and I ran towards my apartment. I quickly open the door and enter, I leave the door open since I still want her to come in … I guess I have a death wish. I am hiding in my room by the time I hear the door closing.

 

- Lee Dong Hae – She shouts in a sweet, yet scary voice – If you don’t come out in the next five seconds I´m leaving and I´m taking Bada with me. You won´t see us ever again.

 

That’s a low blow, Bada is my Maltese terrier baby puppy and my adoration. She knew I would come out anyway, so taking Bada hostage can only mean one thing: she is super mad. So, I try to regain all my courage and come out cautiously. I don’t see neither of them, but just as I´m about to start walking I feel myself being pushed to the ground.

 

- Wait. Please. I surrender. Don’t hurt me. – Is all I can say after being attacked with a throw pillow from the couch. Apparently, Bada has decided to join the surprise attack as she starts barking and biting my shirt, the traitor.

 

- Are you going to keep teasing me? - She seems determined to kill me. Who knew a pillow could cause so much pain?

 

- NO! I swear! Please let me go! – I´m begging, but I don’t really care.

 

- Come on Bada, let´s get you a treat. - She says all smiles walking towards the kitchen with Bada trailing behind. I can´t believe she exchanged me for a treat. T_T

 

I stand up and try to fix myself while assessing the damages.

 

- That wasn’t fair, Sandara. I could have died, you know? – I´ve reached the kitchen and the p

 

- You are right, it was reckless. Then who would feed me? – She pouts.

 

- Yah! I thought you cared about me! Both of you! – I point towards the puppy, who is happily munching her treat.

 

- Don’t be such a baby, Hae. We do care about you, but you were being mean.

 

- It hurt. I was in so much pain I thought I was gonna die. Look! – I show her my arms; the redness is barely there but I can´t let this go.

 

- Oh, poor Hae. Let me see. – She grabs my left arm and lightly kisses it, which makes me smile. – Does it still hurt?

 

- No. – I think I can see the benefits of her little attack. – You also hit my face. – I complain and make a big pout.

 

- Really? I don’t remember that. – She seems to try to remember.

 

- You surely did. Just look closely, it is super red. – I don’t really know of it is, but it´s highly possible.

 

- Mmmm, I don´t see any...- I don’t let her finish her sentence as I give her a quick peck. She seems quite surprised, but she recovers quickly and flashes me a smile. Oh Dara, you shouldn’t have gotten that close.

 

- Now, what do you want to eat?

 

- I want fried chicken. – She replies right away.

 

- I thought I was cooking for you?

 

- Pretty please? – She asks with puppy eyes. I can´t say no to her now. – You can cook next time. – I love the sound of that: next time.

 

- Okay. Whatever you want. – I smile at her. I guess I´ll have to wake up early to go work out.

 

- Yay! – She claps her hands repeatedly. Why is she being so cute? I think I will die from an overdose of cuteness. – I´ll go change while you order it. I don’t want to get these clothes dirty. – She motions to her white dress.

 

- Errrr… Did you bring extra clothes? – I don’t think she could fit much in her little purse.

 

- Nope, but since you just stole something from me – She points at her lips. – I will steal clothes from you. – She sticks her tongue out and runs towards my room. I just shake my head in response. She can be so unpredictable sometimes.

 

- Come on Bada, let´s order some food. – She follows me to the living room, while I open the app to order Dara´s request.

 

Dara POV

 

I was dying to get out of these clothes as soon as the filming was over, but I forgot my backpack at the van. Also, I was too shy to ask Hae to lend me some. Luckily, I found the perfect excuse. Now, I just need to find something comfortable and that will fit me. I quickly grab an oversized, at least for me, black t-shirt from his walk-in closet. The problem is going to be the bottoms. I know some girls would use the t-shirt as a dress, but my goal is to be comfortable, and the sole piece isn´t going to do the trick. After some time, I finally found some sweats that can be adjustable to my size if I pull the laces enough.

When I´m satisfied with my new outfit I go out to the living room where the food is laid on the coffee table, but there´s no sign of my boyfriend. After looking around I find Hae and my new best puppy friend sleeping on the guest bedroom. I sit next to them, careful not to make any sound. Seeing them like this makes my heart flutter, how could I never considered him as more than a friend? I don’t know if it´s because we were already close, but everything seems to be so easy. I don’t get as nervous as I would get with any other guy I would have dated in the past, not that there are a bunch. Also, I know there has been just a day, but the mere fact that I can come over his place on the first date, use his clothes and not care how I look like, and be so playful is nice. I know how much he hates to eat alone thus I decide to wait for him to wake up so we can eat together. In the meantime, I decide to play with my phone.

I guess I dozed off at some point, since the next second I am waking up due to the heat. It´s dark outside and I am embracing Hae as if I were a koala while he is hugging me by the shoulders. Of course I would get hot, it´s February but the heat is starting to rise.

- Are you awake? – I hear him ask in a husky voice.

 

- Yup – None of us has broken the embrace. - What time is it? – I decide that it is time to let go and I sit up.

 

- I don’t know… like 10:30, eleven?

 

- How long have you been up?

 

- Like five minutes? – He sits up too and starts to my hair.

 

We stay like that for some time and then decide to go eat since it´s already kind of late and neither of us has eaten since the morning. As soon as we get out I hear a male voice.

 

- Well, isn’t it quite a picture I´m looking at?

 

We look at each other and seem to share the same thought…

 

We are damned.

A/N: Hiii! As I said, I´m back. I hope you enjoy this update, I will try to update twice a week, but we will see how that goes kkk. If you have any request or advice, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for your support! you are the best!!!

Love, 

ACO_Mo