Chapter 12

Justice

*Not Edited.

*****

Yoochun’s POV

            “I wonder what’s going through her head.” Jaejoong said after Hyun left her office.

“Do you think she can help us?” Junsu asked while looking back and forth between me and Jaejoong worriedly.

“I think so.” I responded while getting up from the sofa and walking towards the desk. I lightly touched the wood with the tips of my fingers while going towards Hyun’s big leather chair across from Jaejoong.

“Of course you do.” Junsu teased me and earned a laugh from Jaejoong. I ignore the two and sat down on the chair that was still a little warm. I looked at the way she set up her desk; pens and pencils in their holder, a stapler right beside them, a white board calendar was put behind her computer, and photo frames where also placed right beside the computer.

I picked up a photo frame where she was smiling and had her hands wrapped around Mr. Dae-Ho’s, who was holding a present, waist. I smiled slightly noticing the close relationship they both shared as gently put it down on it original spot.

I continue to look at the other photos as well. One consisted of her and what seemed to be her mom smiling at the camera with the sun shining behind them in a big green meadow. Another was with a guy who was about few inches taller than her; he had his arm around her shoulder while Hyun was kissing his cheeks.

My eyebrows scrunched together trying to figure out who was the guy; however when I looked at the last photo frame, which was a family portrait, I realized that he was probably her brother.

“Stop being nosey Yoochun.” Jaejoong said while getting up to leave.

“I’m not being nosey.” I defended myself as I stood up and continued to look at photos that Hyun pinned up on the wall above the computer.

“Sure Hyung.” Junsu responded before following Jaejoong out. They both left quietly, leaving me in the Hyun’s office.

I continued to look at photos that were pinned up on the wall.

One was with Hyun and a big dog with a village background.

Another consisted of Hyun and her brother sleeping on a couch with her brother’s, who was laying down, head on her stomach while she was sitting up with her head leaning over his shoulder.

There were also many photos that had SM idols; there was one with Shinee, SNSD, EXO, Super Junior, and f(x).

“Where are the other two?” I mumbled to myself as I looked for a certain photo. I looked behind a random photo and found another photo underneath it.

It was Hyun sitting between Yunho and Changmin at a restaurant. Changmin was too busy eating to notice that a photo is being taken, but Yunho and Hyun were smiling at the camera. Yunho had his arm around her shoulder while Hyun was slightly leaning against his chest.

My stomach twisted at I noticed how close they were. They were pretty much in each other bubble.

“Are they dating? Did they date before?” I asked myself as I continue to look for more photos curiously.

I flipped more photos to make sure that other photos were not hiding behind it. As I flipped the last photo, my stomach formed a knot in displeasure.

The photo was taken in the practice studio. Yunho was little sweaty, probably been done practicing for a while, while Hyun was still in her professional clothes. Yunho had his arm around her waist while Hyun looked shock. Hyun’s surprise expression was caused by Yunho. Yunho had leaned down, just in time, to kiss Hyun’s cheeks. Yunho had his eyes closed while Hyun’s were wide open and a blush covered her whole face. They looked just like a couple.

I don’t know how long I tortured myself to look at the photo, but I had to let go due to my arms becoming numb. My stomach was still twisted while my heart beat was beating fast, but not with excitement.

I sighed loudly and looked around Hyun’s office. I quietly walked out of the office with a heavy heart.

Hyun’s POV

            “Hello Mr. Lim?” I asked as I watched the big building pass by from the taxi’s window.

After leaving C-Jes, I quickly grabbed a taxi and told them to take me to SBS building. I couldn’t get JYJ to perform suddenly especially since tomorrow is Sunday, but maybe with the plan that’s boiling in my brain I could start a chain reaction.

“Yes, Hyun.” Mr. Lim’s deep voice spoke through the other line of the phone.

“Will you do a favor for me?” I bit my lips hoping that he has time to fulfill my request.

“Of course Hyun. Is that something to ask?” I heard Mr. Lim chuckling a little.

“Will you be able to request a meeting with the SBS’s Chairman and President?” I asked nervously.

“SBS’s Chairman and President?” Mr. Lim mumbled. I bit my lips nervously as silence consumed the call.

“Okay.” Mr. Lim sighed, “I will call them up for you so when you reach their building just state my name.”

“Thank you so much.” I smiled widely.

“No problem Hyun. Call me if you need anything else.” Mr. Lim said before he hanged up

I smiled to myself as I looked out the window thinking back to the passage in the diary.

            I won’t be able to back you up in every step of this case, Hyun. Firstly, that is impossible because I’m already dead, to put it bluntly, and secondly, this is now your case. You have to find your own way to work this case. However, I can help you out with something that can make this case a little easier. You can use all my connections I have in the entertainment industry. Yes, that’s right your dad knows a lot of famous people. I know many big chairmen and presidents; you would be shock…

Actually you won’t; you really don’t have any interest in the entertainment industry. You just see them as a normal people. That is one of your strong points for this case, Hyun. You won’t see JYJ as a famous boy band and actors, but rather as Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu; three ordinary guys who happens to have a job that consist of singing, performing, and acting.

I put list of people that I know in this industry on the bottom, and I will also give you some information about them. If you want to meet up with them, you can always get Mr. Lim to do it for you because he knows them as well.

You’re a big girl now, Hyun. I believe in you. I love you my princess.

            I looked at the middle age taxi driver, thinking if I should ask him the question.

“Excuse me sir.” I tapped his shoulder getting his attention. He looked at me from his rear view mirror indicating that he is listening, “Do you know who JYJ are?”

“Of course.” The man smiled, “Who doesn’t know them. They are the three men who used to be in DBSK. I love their music and acting.”

I smiled slightly feeling a little proud. I thanked him and went back to my phone looking up information about JYJ.

“Wow they did so much charity work.” I whispered to myself. They truly are amazing.

“We are here ma’am.” The man said interrupting my reading. I looked up at the big building that were surrounding by workers in suits and fans with cameras.

I gave the taxi driver money and thanked him before getting out of the taxi. I walked to a big crowd of fans who were taking photos and holding up signs. As I got closer, I notice that the posters had photo of two men that made my heart flutter in pain.

Are they here?

Oh please no, I can’t face them right now. I quickly walked past the crowd and into the building trying to control my heart.

I strode toward the receptions, “Hello. My name is Park Hyun. Mr. Lim Sang Hyuk requested a meeting.”

The woman quickly typed something into her computer before picking up the office phone and dialing a number, “Hello sir. Miss. Park Hyun is here…Yes the same one…Okay sir.” She looked up and smiled, “Both the Chairman and President are ready to see you. Go up to the 14th floor, room number 1400”

“Thank you.” I bowed and walked towards the elevator. Entering the elevator, I press the top button to the 14th floor.

I nervously tapped my heels against the glass floor and checked my reflection on the three sided mirror wall. I have to make them agree with my plan. I already told the guys that I’ll help them anyway possible for allowing their appearance on the broadcasting channels.

“Oh Dad, please help me.” I quietly prayed as I walked out of the elevator after reaching my destination.

I walked down to a big lobby and asked where the room was located. After getting the information, I followed the direction to a long hallway to the left. The room was located at the end of the hallway.

I knocked on the dark wood door and waited for an answer.

“Come in.” A male voice said. I opened the door slowly and walked in while bowing.

The room was a meeting place with a long rectangular table with chairs on both sides. The projector was on with SBS flashing on the wall.

“Hello. My name is Park Hyun.” I said shook both of the male hands before sitting down in front of them.

“Ahh yes. Mr. Lim Sang Hyuk told us about you.” The Chairman, Mr. Yoon Se-Young, said.

“You’re lucky that you were able to getting a meeting with us in such a short notice.” The President, Mr. Ha Geum-Ryeol, spoke.

“I’m so sorry about that.” I bowed again.

“It’s okay. So you’re the daughter of Mr. Park Dae-Ho.” Mr. Yoon asked with a smile.

“Yes I am.” I smiled back at him. Dad wasn’t lying about people knowing him. To me he was always the goofy dad that would watch chick-flicks with me and hold me when life was too much.

“So what is it you want to talk about?” Mr. Ha asked. I took a deep breath, calming my heart and my nervousness.

“I am actually JYJ’s new lawyer, and I have a request.” I said with a straight back. Surprise was present on both of their faces.

“A lawyer just like her dad. Even more ironic is that you’re JYJ’s.” Mr. Yoon said while leaning forward on the desk to fold his arms on it.

“What is the request?” Mr. Ha asked getting straight to the point.

“I was hoping that you would show a video of JYJ performing on Inkigayo tomorrow.” I asked.

Mr. Ha laughed, “Being JYJ’s lawyer, you should know we can’t do that.” Mr. Yoon just looked at me curiously, like he wanted me to prove to him what I can do.

I looked around the room and notice the laptop plugged into the projector. “Is the laptop connected to the projector?” I asked Mr. Ha.

“Yes it is. Why?” He asked curiously.

“Do you mind if I use it?” I asked. Before Mr. Ha could decline, Mr. Yoon beat him to it.

“Go ahead.” I got up from my chair and walked to the laptop. I quickly pulled up the internet and looked up at the wall to confirm that it was showing up. I pulled up websites that I researched about in the taxi on my way to the building. I pulled up a petition form where over thousands of people signed it.

“This is the petition form that a fan made to let JYJ perform on the Korean main broadcasting TV like SBS.” I took the mouse and move it toward the numbers of people who signed it, “It has over 900,000 signs; only few hundred away from reaching a million.”

I crossed my arms and leaned little on the podium, “Just think about it. If you just put up an ad on your official website, twitter, facebook, and on TV about a surprise video that nobody would ever guess of, think about how many viewers would watch because of curiosity.” Mr. Ha was about to interrupt, but Mr. Yoon cut him off.

“Please do continue with your explanation.”

“Once the viewers see the video, many JYJ fans will send your station love and it will increase the views of all of your shows.” I said while sitting back down the chair.

“How would we know that it will work?” Mr. Ha asked.

“Put up on your twitter page about a surprise video performance and see how many responses, favorites, and retweets you get.” I argued.

“Call Secretary Lee and tell him to do that right now.” Mr. Yoon said to Mr. Ha. With heavy hands, Mr. Ha called up the secretary and told him the instruction.

I played with my fingers nervously under the table. To tell the truth, I’m taking a big risk. I don’t know how the people will respond to the tweet.

Will people even watch the show?

Will it increase all of SBS’s TV shows views?

What am I doing?

 I’m so stupid. I felt the urge to cancel the meeting and just walk away, but I couldn’t. I need to do this.

I’m here Hyun

 A soft whisper said followed by a soft wind that blew my hair a little. I snapped by head up looking for the source, but nobody was there. I looked around the room and notice that there was no windows open. Goosebumps where covering my arms now and I felt a shiver go down my spine.

“Mr. Lee just texted me saying that they got the over 100,000 responses and retweets. Many of the viewers can’t wait.” Mr. Ha smiled for the first time. I looked at him in shock.

“Okay than no going back on our words. We will do it.” Mr. Yoon said with a big smile. I looked at both of them with wide eyes. Are they for real now?

“But what about SM?” Mr. Ha asked.

“Who cares? I never liked the CEO anyway.” Mr. Yoon waved his hands in uninterested manner. He got up from his chair followed by Mr. Ha.

“You made a very convincing argument.” Mr. Yoon said. I quickly got up and shook his hands.

“Thank you so much!” I said with a bright smile while I shook both of their hands.

After talking about the arrangements for tomorrow show, I left with a light heart and big smile. I actually did it.

It actually worked. I had a huge urge to call the members up right now, but surprising them would be better.

“Maybe I should get a cake.” I mumbled to myself as I pressed the floor button on the elevator. The smile never left my face as the elevator stopped at few floors and people filled up the elevator; I greeted every single person that got on the elevator. The elevator stopped again on the 4th floor.

The door opened automatically as people moved aside for more people to join them.

My smile slowly left my face as I saw two men standing on the opposite side. Shock was shown on their face as well as they saw me.

My heart started to beat crazily as I saw them. They both were in casual clothes. I quickly took notice of the dark circles under their eyes that they were trying to hide by wearing glasses. My stomach formed knots in guilt as the scene of their sad faces kept replaying in my mind. My eyes got watery as I thought back to the good-ole days.

“It’s okay we will take another elevator.” Yunho said while looking straight at me, “This elevator is full.”

But it wasn’t full; there were only five of us here, they could have easily fit into it. I looked down in guilt as the elevator doors started to close. I quickly looked up just in time to see Yunho’s eyes watching me. 

*****

So sorry for the late update guys, but Uni has been keeping me busy.

I had so much homeworks, essays, and lab reports. :(

I hope you guys like this chapter.

Please subscribe, upvote, and comment. I love reading you guys thoughts!

Love you <3

Present time:

 

DBSK/JYJ GIF (I will do this every chapter with different member)