Heart Ache

You're My Hero [Searching for Co-Author]

Yunho, at first, had no plans of checking out Taeyeon’s phone. Invading others’ possessions isn’t his thing at all. It was his pure curiosity regarding Taeyeon that urged him to get the call.

“Yeobo?!” Yunho read the caller ID. “This must be Park Jungsu then.” Yunho said to himself.

He, once again, hesitated on getting the call. He thought of Jungsu as a very irresponsible man who hurt such a delicate lady like Taeyeon. However, there is this voice coming from somewhere in him who eventually persuaded him to take the call. And finally, he pressed the green button.

“Yobosaeyo?”

--------------------------------------------------

“Taengoo.”

“Yah! Jungsu!”

“Mianhae.”

“Is that all that you’ll say? Is that all that you can say?”

“Mianhamnida. I just have to say good bye.”

“Oh, well good bye then!”

“Please forgive me.”

“I’m not sure about that. I’m not sure that I can forgive you for what you did.”

“There are things that you don’t know and I can’t tell you.”

“Bwo?”

“You’ll definitely understand everything soon.”

“How can I understand everything when you don’t tell me anything at all?”

“Very soon, Taeyeon-ah. Very soon.”

“Yah! Jungsu-ah! Jungsu! Park Jungsu!”

“PARK JUNGSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Taeyeon’s chest heaved up and down. She was sweating so bad as she realized she was on her room and everything was just a dream. She slowly calmed herself and sat up her bed, pondering upon her dream. She decided to stand up and get a glass of water to drink. She made her way to the kitchen and got herself a drink.

“Taeyeon-ah.” It was Yunho.

Taeyeon stopped gulping the drink and turned to Yunho. “Waeyo? Why are you still up as well?”

“There is something you need to know.” Yunho said with a serious look on his face.

“Yah, you’re giving me a scare. What is it?”

“Park Jungsu,” Yunho began “he’s dead.”

Taeyeon’s grip on the bottle of water loosened and the bottle broke into pieces. The remaining water flowed on the kitchen tiles.

“Andwae. Andwae. Where did you get that news? Who told you that?” Taeyeon asked.

Yunho held up Taeyeon’s phone. “Somebody called a while ago. I guessed it might be very important so I took it since you’re asleep.”

“Geojitmal. Geojitmal. Who called? Who called?” Taeyeon asked, her voice raising a tone.

“It was Jungsu’s number but a taxi driver talked to me. He gave me the other details.” Yunho said calmly.

“I… I don’t believe this! I can’t believe this! I must go see him!” Taeyeon said.

She rushed back to her room and changed into another shirt. She didn’t take much time inside and quickly came out. Knowing Taeyeon would like to go to the hospital where Jungsu is, Yunho changed his clothes too and headed downstairs. He and Taeyeon rode the car to the hospital given by the taxi driver.

Once they reached the hospital, Taeyeon quickly got off and went to the information booth. Yunho have to park the car first.

“Ahjusshi,” Taeyeon addressed the old man at the information booth, “is there a patient here named Park Jungsu?”

“Ah, the one who entered the emergency room a while ago.” The ahjusshi answered.

Taeyeon listened intently, waiting for the man’s answer.

“I believe he’s still in there.” The man answered with a reassuring smile.

“Kamsahamnida.” Taeyeon replied in a hurry and quickly went to see Jungsu at the emergency room.

Yunho finally showed up at the information booth. “Ahjusshi, where did that girl go?”

“Oh, the one who just talked to me? She went to see a patient at the emergency room.”

“Kamsahamnida.” Yunho said before he left the old man.

It only took Taeyeon a minute to locate the emergency room. There, she looked around to find Park Jungsu. She walked up to the end of the room and saw one bed with a man covered with a white blanket.

A nurse approached Taeyeon and asked her. “Do you know that man, ma’am?”

Taeyeon turned to the nurse nervously. “W-what’s his name?”

“Park Jungsu.” The nurse replied casually.

The tears finally flowed out of her eyes upon hearing the name. “I-is he dead?” Taeyeon managed to say.

“I’m sorry but he is. He died at exactly 11:47 pm because of cardiac arrest.”

“C-cardiac arrest?” Taeyeon repeated. “He is a healthy man! How can he die from cardiac arrest?”

“Based on our findings, he’s been suffering for heart failure and his death is definitely inevitable since his coronary disease reached a worse stage.”

Hearing everything, Taeyeon’s knees fell down as she started crying and crying. Yunho, on the other hand, was watching the exchange a while ago. He finally approaches Taeyeon and pats her back.

Seeing Yunho beside her, Taeyeon immediately hugged him and continued crying.

“I thought you are strong.” Yunho said. “Be strong for him, he would be really happy if you did.”

--------------------------------

Taeyeon finally calmed down. They were able to see the corpse and it proved that it was really Jungsu. Taeyeon sat quietly on the waiting area as Yunho arranged everything regarding Jungsu’s funeral.

Yunho grabbed his phone and rang Jaejoong.

“Yah! Yunho! Why are you calling at this very hour? What do you need?” Jaejoong angrily asked.

“Jae, come here at the hospital. Taeyeon has no one beside her.”

“What am I? Her babysitter?”

“This is an emergency. Her ex boyfriend died and I’m arranging things for his funeral now. Just go.”

“Okay, okay.” Jaejoong said. “Which hospital?”

-------------------------

“Mianhae.”

“Is that all that you’ll say? Is that all that you can say?”

“Mianhamnida. I just have to say good bye.”

“Oh, well good bye then!”

“Please forgive me.”

“I’m not sure about that. I’m not sure that I can forgive you for what you did.”

“There are things that you don’t know and I can’t tell you.”

“Bwo?”

“You’ll definitely understand everything soon.”

“How can I understand everything when you don’t tell me anything at all?”

“Very soon, Taeyeon-ah. Very soon.”

“Yah! Jungsu-ah! Jungsu! Park Jungsu!”

“Yah! Crybaby Kim Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon broke her thoughts and looked at the person who just called her a crybaby. It was Kim Jaejoong.

“Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked plainly.

“Yunho asked me to.”

“Ah.”

“Does Jungsu have any other relative? If yes then we should tell them what happened to him.” Jaejoong said. “I guess Yunho shouldn’t be the one arranging his funeral.”

Taeyeon suddenly thought of Jungsu’s parents, from where they ran away.

“He does have parents.” She answered.

“Then let’s call them.” Jaejoong said.

Taeyeon gave her phone to Jaejoong and Jaejoong called Jungsu’s parents. Jaejoong stood up and walk to the other side of the corridor. Taeyeon sat nervously, not wanting to see Jungsu’s parents.

“They’re coming.” Jaejoong said with a smile.

Taeyeon only lowered her head as her nervousness started to build up even more.

“Why are you so nervous?” Jaejoong finally asked.

Taeyeon looked at him and shook her head before she lowers her head again.

“This isn’t you, Taeyeon. You’ve always been fierce and brave. Why can’t you face his parents?”

The next scene answered Jaejoong’s question. Jungsu’s parents arrived. Jungsu’s mother was so hysterical and she didn’t go to see her son’s corpse. Instead, she approached Taeyeon first.

“Neo! You ! How dare you do this to my son? You killed him! You killed him!” The mother said as she was shaking Taeyeon.

“Yah, ahjumma! Taeyeon didn’t kill your son!” Jaejoong said.

The mother turned her attention to Jaejoong. “Who are you? This ’s new guy?” She said as she turns back to Taeyeon. “You got tired of my son and so you got rid of him already?”

Taeyeon could only cry and shake her head. “Andwae. Andwae.”

The mother was about to hit Taeyeon when a hand stopped her from doing so.

“Ahjumma, this isn’t her fault. Talk to the doctor and you should know.” It was Yunho.

“Who are you?”

“I am…” Yunho couldn’t finish his own sentence. Who was he really? What does he have to do with Taeyeon’s life.

“He is Taeyeon’s brother.” Jaejoong finished it for him. “And I am their cousin.”

Taeyeon, Yunho, and the mother looked at Jaejoong. The mother removed Yunho’s hand. “Whatever happened to my son, you will always be a part of it. It was your fault that we lost him! If you didn’t persuade him to go with you then this wouldn’t happen!” With that, the mother left the three to see her son.

Taeyeon’s tears kept on flowing. Yunho seated himself beside Taeyeon and comforts her once again. Jaejoong just watched the entire scene. The only sound heard were Taeyeon’s sobs.

 

 

-----------------------------------
 

Author's Note: Hello my dearest readers! I'm here once again. It's already my summer vacation. I'm really very very sorry for not updating. I made a lot of changes with the plot and so I have to revise everything else. T.T Mianhamnida. Anyways. I would like to update more and I will, soon. :D Thank you for reading!