Just as I thought

You're My Hero [Searching for Co-Author]

They travelled for about 30 minutes. The travel seemed to be slightly awkward and super silent. They would eventually glance at each other but would never meet each other’s eyes. And so they finally arrived at the restaurant. Taeyeon read the restaurant’s name and her eyebrows furrowed. She frowned a bit. Yunho happened to be looking at her and he was puzzled by Taeyeon’s reaction.

“Is there… any problem?” Yunho asked. “Do you not like this place?”

Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Yunho. “A-anni!”She then flashed him a smile and he smiled in return.

They entered the restaurant and there came the entire staff of the restaurant to welcome them two. “Annyonghashimnikka! Welcome to Kiss!”

Yunho smiled at everyone. Taeyeon bowed as well, slightly covering her face so that nobody could notice her. The workers somehow noticed Taeyeon’s weird action but ignored it all completely. Yunho only noticed how Taeyeon was behaving when they reached their table at the center of the restaurant. The round table was illuminated by candles and a spotlight was on top of it while the other lights are off and only candles light up the surroundings.

“Y-you reserved the restaurant?” Taeyeon asked Yunho in high pitch.

“Hm…” Yunho nodded affirmatively.

“I can’t believe this…” Taeyeon commented. “I thought we’re only having some normal dinner.”

Yunho then looked at Taeyeon’s pink floral dress. “It’s still normal. We’re normal, aren’t we?”

“Ayy, Jeongmal…” Taeyeon then took her seat and so does Yunho.

Once they sat down, the foods suddenly came in. Taeyeon watched in awe. Is she having a buffet for dinner? She then looked at Yunho, disbelief still written all over her face.

“You prepared all of these? It isn’t my birthday.”

Yunho chuckled as he grabbed his spoon. He looked at Taeyeon and smiled. “Like I said it’s just some normal dinner. Think of it as we’re eating dinner at home.”

“That would be better.” Taeyeon muttered.

They started eating their food. They ate the appetizer and main dish in silence. Yunho would occasionally glance at Taeyeon to finally utter the words he would like her to hear but each time he would look at her, peacefully eating, his courage runs out.

Finally when Taeyeon finished her meal and was wiping her lips, Yunho managed to talk. “T-Taeyeon-ah…”

Taeyeon looked at Yunho, not actually saying a word but her eyes were asking “What is it?”

Yunho gulped. “I… I have something to tell you.”

----------------------

There was this loud thud coming from Shim Changmin’s room. His mother who’s downstairs walked all the way up to check on his son.

“Shim Changmin! Changmin-ah! Yah, kwaenchana?” His mother asked as she knocks on the door.

There was still no answer and so Mrs. Shim decided to enter the room without her son’s permission. “I’m coming in, Changmin-ah.”

When the old woman opened the room, she only saw the room itself with no sign of Changmin. The room was also in order, only that the window was open wide. Mrs. Shim hurriedly checked things out on the window and she saw nothing special from it. She peeked outside and also there was no sign of his son. But there is one thing that’s sure, “Changmin’s away again.”

His mother decided to shrug it all off. Her son is somewhat old now. He may leave the house at this hour. What bothers her is that Changmin escaped. “What is he up to this time?”

----------------------

“I… I have something to tell you.”

Just then, a tray of deserts appeared in front of them. They were both so surprised. Yunho was a bit disappointed and Taeyeon was a bit puzzled.

“Deserts for the two of you,” says the one who served the tray on a really bad timing.

It was one familiar voice, one voice that they both know. They looked up and saw the culprit. “Kim Jaejoong!?” They said in unison.

Jaejoong flashed a wide smile.

“H-how could you…” Taeyeon could only mutter those words.

“Why are you here?” Yunho asked faintly, a little hint of disappointment that his best friend showed up in the middle of their “normal dinner”, exactly when he’s already about to confess.

“I was just passing by and saw the two of you.” Jaejoong said. “And since I’m not yet eating my own dinner, might as well join the two of you, right?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Yunho did the same.

“Why is he here to ruin things?” They both asked themselves.

“Come on! Let’s eat!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

Yunho and Taeyeon’s eyes met and then they diverted their eyes to Jaejoong who was now seated between them. Jaejoong somehow noticed their stares and so he also looked at them.

“What? Are you not going to eat those?” Jaejoong asked.

Taeyeon and Yunho just ignored the question and quickly went back to eating.

--------------------

“Yunho-yah!!!!”

Park Yoochun’s voice was echoing all throughout the hallway as he ran towards Jung Yunho’s office. Everyone looked at him with weird expressions but what else can they do? He’s the boss. And so, without any knock on the door, Yoochun barged inside Yunho’s office.

“Yunho-yah!!!!” Yoochun shrieked once again. If you could hear it then you could’ve broke your eardrums.

Yunho was seated on his office chair, massaging his temples. Seeing his friend’s troublesome expression, Yoochun’s expression changed as well.

“What happened Jung? Didn’t it turn out well?” Yoochun asked as he approaches Yunho.

Yunho just groaned.

“Looks like it.” Yoochun concluded. “Why? You haven’t confessed? Is that it?”

Yunho looked at Yoochun and shook his head no.

“Aigoo!!!!” Yoochun said, approaching Yunho even more and was about to embrace him when Yunho pushed him away.

“Yah! What was that for?” Yoochun asked, pretending to be angry when he isn’t at all.

Yunho didn’t answer but Yoochun was persistent. He really did want to know the details further.

“So, what really happened? I mean what ruined last night’s confession? Last night’s dinner date?” Yoochun asked.

Yunho looked at him again. “It’s not a ‘what’, it’s a ‘who’.”

“Bwo?!” Yoochun asked. “I thought you rented the entire restaurant for last night”

“I did.” Yunho said.

“Then, what makes this person ruin last night? Is it one of the staff members? The boss? The owner? Who is it? Just who is it Yunho?” Yoochun asked impatiently.

Just then, the door to Yunho’s office opened once again. “Annyeong!”

Yoochun and Yunho both looked at the visitor.

“Jaejoong-ah!” Yoochun exclaimed. “It’s nice to see you here!”

 He quickly approached Jaejoong and gave him a brotherly hug.

“Yunho-ah!” Jaejoong called out with a smile. Yunho swore he’s so gonna kick him out if he does the same again.

“What brings you here?” Yunho asked, a hint of anger on his tone. Yoochun was so naïve that he didn’t see through Yunho’s words and reaction.

“Oh, that, I just wanted to catch up on you.” Jaejoong said. “You know, last night.”

And Yoochun wasn’t so naïve now. He looked at Jaejoong and now at Yunho. “Yunho-ah…”

Yunho gave him a he’s-the-culprit look.

“Jaejoong-ah…” Jaejoong gave Yoochun a smirk.

“Aigoo!!!” Yoochun cried. “I don’t know what’s going on now. I might as well go.”

Yoochun started on his way out and when he is about to exit the office, he turns back to Yunho. “I’ll talk to you later, Jung. I want the full details.” And with that he stomped away, leaving Yunho and Jaejoong alone.

There was an awkward silence. Yunho seemed to be really pissed at Jaejoong while Jaejoong seemed to be really victorious.

“What now, Kim Jaejoong?” Yunho asked.

“Woah, what’s with the fullname Jung Yunho?” Jaejoong retorted.

“Why did you appear last night?” Yunho asked.

“Am I not allowed to?” Jaejoong asked, acting all innocent.

“Don’t pull an act here Kim Jaejoong. Why were you there last night?” Yunho asked once again, his tone has become more and more serious.

“Why were you there as well? Why are the two of you having that luxurious dinner together Yunho?” Jaejoong returned the question.

“I did ask you, why are you returning the question to me?” Yunho asked.

“I wanted to know why the two of you were there that’s why I was there too.” Jaejoong said.

Yunho looked at him with eyes screaming I-don’t-believe-you.

“J-Jeongmal!” Jaejoong added. “Now answer my question.”

Yunho paused for a while and finally spoke. “I was about to confess.”

Jaejoong gulped. “Confess for what? What are you going to say?”

Yunho looked at Jaejoong, straight in the eyes.

“I love Taeyeon.”

 

------------------------------

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really really sorry!!!!!!!! I can't update because I don't know what to write next.... I mean..... I haven't been on a date so I don't really know how it feels and so this is how it all turned out.... Sorry if you weren't pleased with this but I swear I'll try giving more exciting updates next time. Thank you for reading!