Changmin will always be Changmin

You're My Hero [Searching for Co-Author]

A little while later, Yunho came out of his bedroom after taking his bath. Taeyeon, on the other hand was on the kitchen, heating water for a nightcap. Yunho’s first agenda once he got out of his bedroom was to look for Taeyeon. He somehow has to live up to his promise a while ago.

“Don’t worry; you won’t be alone for tonight.”

And so his eyes searched for her and he immediately saw her preparing to cups of hot chocolate. The latter noticed his presence and looked up to him with a sweet smile.

“I’ve prepared hot chocolate. Even though the rain has stopped, it’s still a bit chilly, isn’t it?” Taeyeon said as she places the kettle back to where it should be.

“Yes it is.” Yunho agreed.

“Come on.” Taeyeon said with another smile.

She placed the two cups of hot chocolate on a plastic tray and carried it towards the living room. Yunho followed behind her. Taeyeon settled the tray on the small table. Yunho picked up the TV’s remote control and turned the television on. After that, they both settled down on the couch.

----------------------------

Jaejoong, Changmin, and the lady’s drive towards the nearest 24-hour convenience store was uneventful. Jaejoong tend to interrogate them both when they reach somewhere else. The three of them got off the car when they finally stopped in front of the nearest 7-eleven.

“I’ll go get some coffee.” The girl offered.

Jaejoong and Changmin let her off. They were both staring outside, the rain has finally stopped.

“Who is she?” Jaejoong asked. “And why were you lying?”

Changmin sighed. “Maybe it’s about time I spill things.” He began. “She’s a friend of mine.”

“I guess she is.” Jaejoong said sarcastically. “A friend you wouldn’t want us to meet?”

“Hyung! Don’t jump into conclusions! I’m not yet done telling you the entire story.” Changmin said.

“Ara, continue.”

“I was going to surprise mom.” Changmin said.

“Moh?” Jaejoong asked.

“This girl found me at my office. She came without an appointment but she told my secretary she needed to tell me something important regarding my mom. And so, I let her in and talked to her at once.”

The girl came back, carrying a tray with three cups of instant coffee. She sat beside Changmin and gave the two of them their cups of coffee.

“And you haven’t introduced me to your friend yet, Changmin.” Jaejoong said.

“Oh, yeah. Jaejoong-hyung, this is Wang Fei Fei, Fei, this is Kim Jaejoong.”

The two shook hands.

Just as Jaejoong was to ask about the strange name, Changmin was already ready for the answer. “She’s Chinese but she knows Korean.”

“Oh.”

Fei smiled.

“As I was saying, Fei gave me this information that my mom’s long lost friend was her mom. Well, my mom used to study in Beijing. So we planned a little reunion for the two of them this Christmas. My plan was to make my mom, and everyone else, suspicious about me every night. So it would really be a great surprise.” Changmin said blissfully.

“As expected from you, Shim.” Jaejoong commented.

“But there’s more with it, hyung.” Changmin said.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked.

“We would like to expand in Beijing and we need to do these things a lot more secretive so that my competitors wouldn’t even notice it.” Changmin said.

“Ara. That’s what you’re hiding then? You’re making all of us worry.” Jaejoong said before he sipped his cup of coffee.

------------------------

Taeyeon and Yunho were chatting nicely while finishing their cup of hot chocolate. On the television was the late night’s news and it seemed like they were actually not paying attention on what’s shown there.

“Yeah, that really looks a lot childish, especially on you.” Taeyeon commented.

“Yah! I’m still a kid back then!” Yunho said.

Taeyeon chuckled.

Yunho was telling him stories about his childhood all night, and that obviously involves the other four gentlemen. Taeyeon finds them a lot interesting. “Five handsome heirs are such dorks!” she thought.

Suddenly, there was music in the television and both of them turned their attentions on the television. It was none other than Kim Jaejoong’s voice.

“Oh! Isn’t that Jaejoong?” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah.” Yunho said.

“Ah! It’s his drama!” Taeyeon said. She suddenly got a lot excited.

Yunho started to regret turning the television on.

-----------------------

“Oh, that’s you, hyung.” Changmin said, pointing at the television screen at the convenience store.

“Ah, yes.” Jaejoong simply answered.

“I didn’t know you are doing dramas again.” Changmin said.

“Of course you don’t, you’re not hanging with us every night now.” Jaejoong said.

“I’m sorry about that.” Fei said with a very apologetic look.

“No, it’s fine with him.” Changmin said.

“What do you-…” Jaejoong was about to say something when he saw the usual I-don’t-care look at Changmin’s face.

“This brat, really…” Jaejoong shook his head. “Changmin will always be Changmin.”

Fei chuckled.  “Yes, he will always be.”  She thought.

Changmin stood up.

“Where are you going?” Fei asked.

“I’m hungry.” Changmin answered.

“As expected.” Jaejoong and Fei said in unison.

They looked at each other and chuckled.

“Changmin will always be Changmin.”

 

--------------------

 

Author's Note: That's all for today :) Thank you for reading :) Please do comment and subscribe :)