Afternoon at the park

You're My Hero [Searching for Co-Author]

The taxi driver hurried outside the taxi to call for help. Minutes later, the passenger was loaded into the ambulance and was carried to the nearest hospital. He was immediately attended by the nurses and the doctor. Unfortunately, he is dead upon his arrival.

The taxi driver got the passenger’s phone. He knew the passenger’s relatives must know what had happened to the poor young man. And so, he pressed the first number of the phone’s speed dial.

- - --- - -- -- - - - - - - - -- - -

They are both staring at nowhere in particular. It’s been a very lazy day for everyone because it’s Sunday. There’s no office work and not much household chore to do but they decided to still be inside the house, doing nothing.

“Aren’t you bored?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nope.” Yunho answered. “I could deal with it all the time. I’m practically used to it.”

“I pity you…” Taeyeon muttered.

“You… what?”

“I said I pity you.” Taeyeon repeated.

“Pity me for what?” Yunho asked.

“I pity you for your boring life.”

“At least I don’t get anyone pregnant.” Yunho said.

Taeyeon glared at him. “Don’t we have anywhere else to go?”

“We don’t. And that’s because of your condition.”

“Damn! I’m not paralyzed or handicapped! Come on! Get up now and fix yourself. We’ll go somewhere else.” Taeyeon said as she walks out, probably heading to change into something.

“Aish, this girl…” Yunho cursed.

“Are you saying something?” Taeyeon’s voice echoed in the background.

“Nothing!” Yunho yelled back. He dropped the book he’s into a short while ago and reluctantly went to fix himself at his own room.

After a few minutes, Yunho already finished dressing up. He wore a red and white checkered polo and jeans. He looked around the kitchen and the living room and saw no sign of Taeyeon. He decided to go check on her.

He reached the door of Taeyeon’s room and so he knocked to inform he’s outside.

“Hey, what’s taking you so long?” Yunho asked.

He practically heard a loud grunt from the lady. He furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing her response. There came a big sinful curse from inside the room. Yunho winced a little bit. “Yah, what’s your problem?”

Taeyeon yelled her answer. “My tummy’s getting an inch bigger!”

Yunho snapped. “That’s what you get for getting yourself pregnant! You have to face it! I thought you want to hurry outside?”

The door instantly opened and Taeyeon walked out wearing a simple shirt and jeans, equally casual like what Yunho wore.

“Arasso, arasso. Kaja.” Taeyeon said with a hint of excitement at her tone. She walked past Yunho and Yunho took a sneak peek of the tummy she’s been complaining about.

“An inch bigger? Is she insane? That’s just about 22 inches! Is she anorexic?” Yunho said to himself.

And as if Taeyeon had eyes at the back of her head, she turned to glare at Yunho. “What are you looking at?”

Yunho’s eyes widened. “Bwo? What are you trying to say?”

Taeyeon looked directly at his eyes for a moment, making him gulp, before she answered. “Kaja.”

They arrived at the theme park at exactly three in the afternoon. Once Taeyeon got off of the car, she instantly jumped around like an eager toddler, enjoying every sight.

“It’s really the best scene ever!” She exclaimed. “Omo! It’s still a month before Christmas but they have Santa here!” she practically shrieked.

Yunho watched her in awe. It is really intriguing how this girl had these two personalities in her. He made a mental note to himself that he’ll consult this to Park Yoochun when the latter finishes his med course. He ended up following Taeyeon, acting like her big brother.

“It’s been a long time since I last went to this theme park and everything is still grand as always!” Taeyeon squealed, still enjoying the theme park’s Christmas theme. She saw a nearby bench and feeling her legs complain a little bit, she decided to approach it and sit down. Upon securing her down the bench, she looked for Yunho and saw him approaching the bench too with a not-so-fast pace.

“Yah!” she yelled.

Yunho pretended not to hear.

“Yah! Yunho-sshi!” she yelled once again.

Yunho finally looked at her, surprised on how she addressed him politely.

“Don’t you plan walking any faster?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nope.” Yunho said, finally sitting on the bench.

“Are you always this boring? Are you always on your formal world?” Taeyeon asked.

Yunho didn’t answer, he just chuckled.

“I’ll take that as a yes, mr. right.” Taeyeon said.

Yunho looked at her with a questioning look. Realizing her own words, Taeyeon gave him a nervous look. “Aniya! That’s not what I meant. It’s just that you’re always righteous and never does anything that’s wrong.”

Yunho just nodded. “Do you want to eat?”

“Aniya, we haven’t tried any ride yet.” Taeyeon said.

“Are you a kid? You won’t qualify for those rides for being an adult.” Yunho said.

“Pabo! I do look like an adult to you? People always mistake me for a high schooler.” Taeyeon grinned. She looked at Yunho from head to toe and she chuckled. “And you look like an ahjusshi! Like my daddy!”

“Yah! I’m never that old!” Yunho said.

“I never said you are that old.” Taeyeon said. “Come on, I wanna ride that roller coaster. It seems to get faster over time, right ahjusshi?”

“Ara, ara. As long as you’ll cook good food every day.” Yunho said.

Taeyeon just chuckled. The two of the got up and went to the roller coaster’s line. A few minutes later, it was finally their turn to ride the roller coaster. Throughout the five-minute ride, Taeyeon screamed here and there while Yunho just stared blankly at the sight, occasionally gazing at Taeyeon who’s overjoyed with their entire ride.

“What am I doing?” Yunho muttered to himself as he laughs at himself.

“Oh my goodness! Yunho-sshi! That was really awesome! My soul almost jumped out of it!” Taeyeon said. “How about you?”

“It was okay.” Yunho simply answered.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Okay, I shouldn’t have tried asking you. Mianhe, I forgot you’re boring and plain.”

They tried about four more rides, the last one being the carousel. Yunho refused to ride the carousel since he thinks it’s too childish for him. When he said that to Taeyeon, she just rolled her eyes and called him boring for the nth time. Yunho waited for the ride to finish. He is waiting for her at a nearby bench, looking at practically nowhere. Each time Taeyeon gets a view of Yunho from the carousel, she swears her heart skips beat. She couldn’t help but imagining him as her ex, the most responsible and gentleman of all. It’s just that things didn’t turn out that way till the end. The carousel ride made its halt with Taeyeon facing Yunho. Yunho, unexpectedly, caught her looking at him. Taeyeon gulped and turned away, pretending to finally get out of the horse.

Taeyeon walked towards the bench where Yunho is and Yunho stood up.

“Let’s eat.” Taeyeon said.

Their dinner was simply quiet. Sometimes they would look at each other but they would instantly snap out of it and pretend doing other things. They got inside the car and Taeyeon was a little bit dizzy. Yunho started driving. A few minutes later, while driving, Yunho finally had the urge to talk to Taeyeon.

“Yah, kwaenchana?”  He asked.

He received no response from Taeyeon so he decided looking at her.

“There she is again; looking all innocent while she’s asleep.” Yunho said out loud.

They finally arrived at Yunho’s pad and just as Yunho was about to unbuckle Taeyeon’s seatbelt to get her off, Taeyeon’s phone rang.