Love, Love, Love

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

“Tell me something first, Chanyeol-ssi. Do you still love me?” Milan asked. Chanyeol was taken back by surprise. “Aniyo,” he lied, shaking his head with a smile. After sighing, Milan showed a smile. “Okay then. I’ll try to go back to being, well, the Milan you guys knew,” she said. Chanyeol could feel his heart beating faster as he saw her smile.

It had been too long for Chanyeol. Her smile was bright, even though it was kind of forced. He could remember why he fell in love with her. She reminded him of himself sometimes. She hid everything from everyone, except from her best friend. She loved music like he did. She was tall like him but her brain was of a child, like his brain was.

If only she could love him like he loves her…

“Those kids?” Milan shook her head. “Even if that Mark was the same age as me, he’s far more childish! And he teases me, telling me I’m far too addicted to Jeno!” she complained but with a smile on her face. “I’ve heard about that. Didn’t you see the photos circulating over the internet?” Chanyeol asked. Milan shook her head. “Of who? Me and Jeno?” Her eyes widened.

“Well, that explains the JeLan shippers. Like, tell me what kind of ship name is JeLan? It’s like a brand of jelly,” she continued complaining. “But tell me, honestly, do you like Jeno that way?” Chanyeol asked, hoping for a no. Milan only stared at him before laughing hysterically. “Oh, god, Jeno is a sweet kid and all that but that boy likes Mintae, trust me,” she said.

“We’re just close, like, uh, Taeyong and I,” she added. “Yeah, I’ve heard. When cameras are around and obvious, you two look professional but when it’s just you two plus the other idols, you tease each other,” Chanyeol told her. “Ah, news does easily get around. I’ve been scolded and told that I should call him oppa but that man is not worthy,” Milan shook her head.

“He can’t even confess to Joy-eonni about his feelings yet.”

Ynna sighed as she looked at her partner, Wendy, for the next concert. When Ynna was a teenager, Wendy was one of the people she looked up to in SM. Wendy was fluent in English and she was one of the first people who made her feel welcome in the company. It was even more better that Wendy has such a nice voice and her accent when she speaks in English was authentic.

“So how are you and Chen-oppa?” Wendy rested beside the soloist. “We’ve been good, if you don’t count our last fight serious,” Ynna answered. “Oh?” Wendy looked interested. “What is it about?” She asked. Ynna shook her head and covered her face with her hands. “It was good she went back to Korea but it was not good for Kai-oppa to tell Chen-oppa about his plans with Taemin-oppa to set them up,” she groaned.

“Setting them up?”  Wendy stifled a laugh. “Aren’t Chanyeol and Milan already a thing?”  she asked. “They were never a thing,” Ynna shook her head. “Milan liked Luhan-oppa back then,” she explained. Wendy whistled. “No wonder EXO-Ls call her a flirt back then. I hope it won’t happen again,” she said. Ynna shrugged. “I told her to clean up her act. She’s just naïve,” she said.

Wendy chuckled. “At least the men around her have other interests. For example, Taeyong likes Joy. Jeno likes someone, not sure who I’m just sure she’s a rookie. Luhan-oppa will go back to China after the concert. The other boys of Blue Galaxy have no interest in her so,” she whistled. “Her only choice is Chanyeol. Bambam does have a girlfriend after all,” she added.

“You forgot one missing link,” Ynna told her. “And what is that?” Wendy asked. Ynna gulped and closed her eyes. “She’s working with another group. And one of her most treasured biases is there and he’s the same age as Bambam and single and he’s just plain perfect with his dancing, rapping and singing skills,” she said.

“Jeon Jungkook.”

Soon, Milan and Chanyeol found themselves catching up on the sofa in Milan’s condo. Venice left a note earlier, telling Milan that she’ll be going to Lami’s dorm and spend the night there. The two best friends were laughing as if nothing happened between them. “Ah, jinjja, Mark did look like a monkey, trust me! Even Rae could agree!” Milan said.

“Yah, even if Mark is like that, the boy’s handsome,” Chanyeol defended him. “Are you turning gay?” Milan giggled. “Wait, did you just giggle? That’s so girly!” Chanyeol laughed. “Hey!” Milan hit his arm, making him twitch. “Didn’t know you still had a girly tissue left in your body, Mil,” he said, making Milan grow angrier.

“Park Chanyeol, I swear I might chew your head off,” she said, puffing her cheeks. “Just try to,” he stuck his tongue out. Milan raised her hands and held Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol could feel his head heating up but before a blush could show, she suddenly tickled his sides, making him lie down on the sofa.

“Feels like the old times, right?” Milan said as she smiled at him. “Yeah,” he muttered before attacking him with tickles. Milan felt her stomach getting sore. “Yah, it hurts! Bae appa!” she shouted, making Chanyeol tickle her more. “Curse you, Park Chanyeol! Curse you! I hope you’ll never get married!”  She shouted.

Well, I might as well never be married if you’re like this, Milan de Vega.

After half an hour, Chanyeol decided to cook for Milan. It had been years. This was a good favour, considering she helped the rookies become who they were that time. “What do you want?” Chanyeol asked as he opened the fridge. “Hanwoo! Hanwoo!” Milan cheered as she looked at the chef for the night. “Hanwoo? Oh, right, you do have hanwoo here,” Chanyeol said as he pulled the meat out.

“It was a gift from the CEO. A great gift too,” Milan grinned. “So how was your sister?” Chanyeol asked as he started cooking. “She’s going to study in Korea starting Monday. Lami’s still bugging her to audition for SM. The usual,” Milan answered, watching him carefully. “Why doesn’t she audition then?” Chanyeol asked.

“My sister has stage fright, that’s one reason. Another is that she wants to manage our bakery in the future. After she graduates, she’s going back to the Philippines,” Milan answered coolly. “Another question, why does she keep rejecting Sehun?” Chanyeol asked. “Does she need a reason? I mean, she doesn’t like the boy that way so she has all the reason to reject him. The earlier the rejection, the easier the wound to heal,” Milan answered.

“Hm? Really?” Chanyeol asked, putting his attention to the food. “Yeah, it is true,” Milan paused and looked like she just remembered something. “Shoot! I missed the JJCC Fan event!” She suddenly panicked, punching the table. Chanyeol was shocked by her sudden action.

“I lost the chance to hug E.co-oppa!” Milan almost cursed herself because of her poor memory. “You really love him, don’t you?” Chanyeol chuckled. “Well, he’s second, almost nearing my love for Taemin-oppa. Oh yeah, don’t tell Taemin-oppa I call him oppa, arasseo?” She said. He could only nod.

“So what else happened in America? Care to enlighten me?” Chanyeol asked. “I met Jeno,” Milan had a goofy smile. “I remember when he was still a Totoy,” she added. “Totoy?” The word sounded foreign on Chanyeol’s tongue. “Totoy! It’s like, ah, when he was younger, what he looked like when he was younger. Totoy refers to boys and Neneng refers to girls,” she explained.

“Anyway, it hurts me how I missed the chance to be enveloped in E.co-oppa’s arms!” Milan whined. “Why don’t you go to their entertainment building then? They know you after all,” Chanyeol suggested. Milan shook her head. “No can do. I can’t abuse my power like that. It’ll stir up another controversy,” she sighed.

“Tough luck being a controversial composer, no?”