Golden Maknaes

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

The next day, Milan found Taemin waiting for her outside of Big Hit’s building. His manager wasn’t lying. Taemin was very punctual when it came to this. Whenever he was eager for anything, he was always punctual. It was half an hour before Milan could meet BTS but Taemin was already there, waiting for her.

Milan held on her chest and felt the fast beats her heart made. She loved Taemin. She always had. Forget about the feelings she had for Bambam. Taemin was her true love. Even back then, when she was just an ordinary fan in the ocean of Shawols. Taemin was the person she based all of her crushes on. They were either white, great dancers, great performers, silly and innocent people or just plain unpredictable. It was even better when they were hardworking since Taemin was the most hardworking person Milan ever knew about.

Milan forgot about Chanyeol’s feelings. Actually, she forgot reality while she was staring at Taemin. He was just that dreamy in his casual clothing. It looked like they were going to have a date and Milan couldn’t just shake the idea away. Taemin was her dream boy. And she always hoped to be his dream girl…. Right?

She felt confused on how to deal with her feelings for Taemin and Chanyeol. She erased the thought before it consumed her. She turned the engine off and went out of her car to meet with her ultimate bias, Lee Taemin.

“Good morning, Taemin-oppa,” Milan bowed. Taemin bowed his head and greeted her back.

“You look beautiful today, Milan,” Taemin snickered. “Are you a fan of BTS, may I ask? I mean, you don’t usually look like this.”

Milan nervously laughed before hitting Taemin’s arm.

“Just shut up, oppa. BTS is teasing me enough,” Milan said before going ahead, entering Big Hit Entertainment’s building. Taemin followed closely behind with a proud smirk splattered on his adorable face.

BTS’ manager was found at the lobby and greeted the two. He looked like he wanted to ask why Lee Taemin was in Big Hit but Milan shook her head when he opened his mouth. Since the manager had a clue of what she meant, he only nodded and proceeded to guide the pair to BTS’ practice room.

When the manager opened the door, BTS were all lying on the floor, dead tired. Milan calmly walked towards Namjoon and kicked his side. Taemin was slightly shocked by Milan’s violent behaviour but all Namjoon did was rest on his side and hold on Milan’s ankle.

“Comeback soon?” Milan asked.

“Yes,” Namjoon answered quietly. “I thought you knew. I sent you a message.”

“Correction, V-oppa was the one who sent me the message,” Milan said, not minding the weight on her ankle. “But you do know I have to talk to you and Suga-oppa.”

Taemin was quietly watching the interaction between the two. Milan never mentioned she grew close to any of the members of BTS. She was comfortably calling Namjoon oppa after all. She was also calling the other members by that honorific.

“Are you Lee Taemin-sunbaenim?” Jungkook rolled himself towards Taemin. The older idol could only nod.

“I am. Why?”

“I heard Milan likes you.”

“I did too,” Taemin chuckled. “But she’s too young for me. I mean, a six year gap ain’t going to work.”

“It could if you like her back,” Jungkook slowly sat up. “Don’t you want a younger girl calling you oppa?”

“Maybe I would want a noona, you know,” Taemin shrugged. “And aside from that, a friend of mine likes Milan way more than I could ever do.”

“That doesn’t matter if she doesn’t like him,” Jungkook reasoned. “If she likes someone else, it just means your friend has no hope of getting her.”

Taemin could only shake his head. Jungkook had no clue what was happening between Milan and Chanyeol. He bets that even Milan didn’t know about the feelings she had for Chanyeol. And Chanyeol was pretty clueless of how confused Milan was. Only Taemin could read the situation, maybe Baekhyun could too.

What Taemin couldn’t find out about was why Jungkook was talking to him. He expected that Taehyung guy, not the maknae of BTS. But he was glad to talk to their maknae, since half of BTS were older than him. And Taemin was older than Jungkook by 3 years. Taemin could use informal speech all the way.

Taemin turned to Milan and saw her dragging Namjoon to his direction. Suga was also holding on Milan’s other ankle. Taemin wasn’t sure where she got her strength but she was able to drag two men who were obviously larger than her.

Yes, Suga was absolutely taller than Milan.

“Are you okay?” Taemin asked. Milan shrugged then looked down.

“As long as they don’t move their hands a lot, no one is going to be sent to the hospital,” Milan coolly said before proceeding to exit the room.

“Aren’t you going to bring us along?” Taehyung immediately stood up and did aegyo so Milan could notice him. “I mean, we write lyrics too.”

“You don’t compose the songs, oppa. I need the how-to in composing songs, not writing them,” Milan coldly said.

“I thought you loved me,” Jungkook suddenly went on to support Taehyung’s plan. “Why are you leaving me behind?”

“Oppa, I do love you and all that. But still, work is work,” Milan said, avoiding to look at Jungkook’s eyes. She knew very well that if she looks at Jungkook, her heart would melt and she would let him do whatever he wanted. That was how Milan was. And that was how she’ll always be, being the fangirl she was.

“Then look at me,” Jungkook demanded. Milan glanced at Taemin and her eyes begged for him to help her. Taemin sighed before patting Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Let her go, Jungkook-ssi. She’s here for business, not to flirt with anyone,” Taemin explained to the younger. Jungkook and Taehyung could only pout. They wanted to spend more time with Milan but Taemin, their senior, was stopping them.

“Thanks, oppa. Anyways, let’s go, you two,” Milan dragged the two rappers out of the room using her ankles. Again, Taemin was amazed and wondered where she got her strength from. He didn’t bother to ask since when he snapped out of his daze, the door out of the rehearsal room was closed.

Wait…

Did Milan just leave him with the other members of BTS?