SM's Robots

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Bambam was outside of the stadium, tapping his foot impatiently because his closest female friend was too slow. Milan told him to wait for her when it was 2 PM sharp. And it has been an hour. What is she doing there? Was the CEO planning to have her perform as a big surprise? Bambam can’t imagine Milan wearing something like girl groups these days wear.

It was either the overly y or cute concept.

Bambam stared at his phone and muttered “I hate you.” But he was shocked to hear a “What have I done?” behind his back. He turned his head to see Milan’s head on his shoulder. She wasn’t smiling. She had a poker face, really serious. “I can’t believe I’m your wallpaper,” she scoffed. Bambam rolled his eyes before ruffling her hair.

“Pabo, don’t tell my girlfriend, arasseo? She’ll surely get mad,” Bambam told her. Milan rolled her eyes. “I don’t care about personal relationships, Kunpimook. Now, did you arrange me a meeting with Big Hit’s Bulletproof Boy Scouts?” She raised an eyebrow, eyeing the Thai man.

Bambam could really see how much she changed. She wasn’t wearing that many coats anymore, even if it was fall. Her hair was all neat in a bun. She was wearing light make-up to cover up her blemishes. She was wearing high heels so naturally, she almost reached Bambam’s height.

“Oh don’t tell me you’re a fan of BTS?” Bambam asked in amusement. Milan shook her head. “I always look like this whenever I meet with a client, except if it is someone I know personally,” she told him. “Sure,” Bambam laughed, sarcasm hinting in his voice.

“Just take me to Big Hit,” Milan pinched Bambam’s arm. The poor man yelped out in pain, making him less manly in her eyes. “Still a wimp like before,” she muttered, going in his car. “Isn’t this a sweet ride? Mark-hyung helped me pick this,” Bambam proudly said as he sat on the driver’s seat. “Seen better, owned better,” Milan muttered. Bambam pouted.

She grew colder, he observed. She was more distant. But he expected this. After the kiss he gave her, that was the most scandalous day GOT7 had. Even SM had to release a statement about it. He hoped everyone forgot about it. And to make sure, he was wearing his shades, a mask and beanie.

They finally reached the said building. Bambam was asking her about her stay in America but she gave the shortest answers. The man respected her privacy but he wished she would tell him more. Bambam escorted her through the unfamiliar corridors of the building and finally, they reached the practice room of everyone’s beloved BTS.

Anyone could observe how taller all of the members were compared to Bambam. Oh wait, Bambam was slightly taller than Suga. Anyhow, one rapper approached Milan, more of skipped towards her and shook her hand. “I’m J-Hope,” he said as he smiled at her. “I know all of you. No more introductions,” Milan told them. The members nodded, already realizing this girl was a domineering type.

All of the members sat on chairs. Those chairs began to stay there since their debut because of “I Like It”. Bambam, on the other hand, was behind Milan, leaning on one of the mirrors as he observed her every move. “Hey! Hey!” One of the members raised his hand. He had orange hair and his smile reminded Milan of Baekhyun.

“Er, hm?” Milan pointed at the excited man. “You’re Milan right? Can we be friends?” he asked. Milan almost chocked. “Friends?” She asked. “Chingu! Chingu!” He cheered. Another member laughed at how friendly his friend was. “V is always like that. Ignore him,” he said as he shook his head with a hopeless smile.

“I… know,” Milan said the last word as if she regretted it. “I’ve been hearing a lot of things in America about you. You give hiphop an edge here in Korea. And I am humbly asking you to teach me your ways,” she said. Bambam suddenly laughed so everyone looked at him. Milan was already glaring at him. “She doesn’t talk like that, trust me. She’s more informal,” Bambam told them.

“And what do you know about me, Kunpimook?”

Luhan was panting as he slid his back against one of the mirrors surrounding him. Rehearsals had always been tiring but it was different whenever it was for SM’s ultimate concert for the year. Mark went beside him and a smile crept on the younger’s face. “Hyung, how was it working with Milan when she was a rookie?” he asked.

Luhan remembered Mark was the same as Milan. They were both ’99 liners. Mark and Milan were both musically inclined. They were both social butterflies. It’s just that Mark knew how to dance while Milan was more inclined with writing.

“I know you know how it was. You’ve worked with her before,” Luhan had a small smile on his face. “Blue Galaxy hogged her more in America though,” Mark pouted. “And she gave all her attention to Jeno,” he complained. “I wanted attention too!” he added, making Luhan laugh. “She’s like that with EXO before too. She gave all her attention to either Chanyeol, Sehun or Tao,” he shared.

Mark nodded. “But if you’ve seen how she took care of Jeno, you could be jealous. She has been stalking Jeno since he appeared as an SM Rookie,” he shared. “I’ve heard,” Luhan laughed. “But if you worked with her when she was a rookie, you could only hear Taemin’s name,” he shared. Mark’s eyes widened. “Jinjja?” He mouthed. Luhan nodded.

“Especially when there’s a live streaming of SHINee’s concert… ah, I remembered when I couldn’t sleep back then,” Luhan described her. “Well, when she was working with us, even Jeno agreed, she wasn’t the type to smile a lot. When we first worked with her as rookies, sure, she smiled a bit but when we worked with her for our comeback last year, all she could talk about was business and profits. It’s like she was turned into…”

“One of SM’s robots.”