Blushing Mess

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

After cleaning up her things, Milan decided to go out with EXO even just for a bit. She was glad Luhan didn’t tag along with them since he needed to go back to China immediately. She was even happier when Lay wanted to sit right next to her. He wanted to catch up with her, especially since he’ll marry his girlfriend soon.

She suddenly thought about what Jackson and Amber told her. Maybe she should fall in love soon. She wasn’t getting any younger though she did look like she was only in high school (bless Korean beauty products). Though the idea was useless, romance has been somewhat important in Milan’s life. Heck, if it wasn’t for the horrible scandals, she might’ve dated someone already.

“Do you love me?”

Chanyeol took a deep breath, avoiding Milan’s gaze for a moment. “Oppa?” Milan tried calling for his attention. “What if I do, Mil-ah?” Chanyeol then looked at her with sincere eyes that could melt any of his fans’ hearts. Milan looked down first, contemplating the fact he just confessed to her. “Don’t say that,” she said after a few seconds.

“But, Mil-ah, I love—“

“You’re lying, oppa,” Milan said, still not looking at him. She was shielding herself from Chanyeol’s gaze. She was hurt saying these words. She was hurt when Chanyeol confessed to him. She was hurt by the fact someone fell for her. “I’m not,” Chanyeol said sternly. “Neo issieyo (You are),” Milan told him. “You are! Tell me you are lying, oppa,” she finally looked at him with some tears in her eyes.

The memory seemed to haunt Milan even to that day. Maybe she was too harsh on the man. She knew how it felt to love and be rejected. She could’ve handled the situation better than that. She wondered how hurt Chanyeol might’ve felt. She wondered if he was mad at her after leaving them.

“Milan-ah, are you listening?” Lay called her attention. Milan blinked her eyes a few times and nodded. “Yes, she seems perfect for you. An angel for an angel after all,” she smiled softly at the idol. Lay smiled at her and enveloped her in a tight hug. “Bogosippeosseo (I missed you). We all really missed you. I should let you see my girlfriend. She’s excited to meet you after all those years,” he cheered.

“I’m excited to meet her too,” Milan said. “So how was America? You must’ve felt small there,” Lay asked. “I did feel small. Even now, I feel like I’m so short,” she answered. “Don’t worry. You’re near Xiumin-hyung’s height!” Lay said.

“Yah!” The pair paused for a moment when they heard Xiumin from the second row of the van. “Wh-What is it, hyung?” Lay asked. “Who’s short?” Xiumin asked. “Not you, hyung, not you,” Lay shook his head. Because Xiumin was a kind hyung, he couldn’t pretend to be mad at the two so he let out a hearty laugh.

“Mianhaeyo, hyung!” Lay apologized. Milan could only smile as she saw the interaction between the boys. She would admit that she missed this, how they teased each other and how they seemed to be there for one another all the time. Chanyeol, then, caught her attention. He was cheerfully chattering with Baekhyun who was beside him.

“Oh yeah, about Chanyeol-oppa,” Milan whispered. Lay seemed shocked but he was happy she was asking. He knew Milan never lost her concern for Chanyeol. “What about Chanyeol?” Lay asked. “Ah, er… How is he? After all, what the news say is different from what the idol goes through,” Milan said, avoiding his eyes.

“Ah, let’s see. He’s been accepting a lot of acting projects and he helped with the making of the album of EXO’s vocal sub-unit,” Lay told her. “EXO-V, right? A corny name yet again, SM,” Milan said before laughing. “Well, got no choice,” Lay laughed along with her.

 

When they arrived at Chanyeol’s mother’s restaurant, they were the noisiest in the building. “Sit next to me,” Chanyeol held Milan’s wrist and pulled her to his left. “Aren’t you a little bossy, Mister?” Milan pouted before showing a smile. “How’s your mother doing? Also your father and sister?” She asked.

“Didn’t I tell you to call me umma?”

Milan froze in her spot when she heard the familiar voice. “Ah, umma, you still remember Milan?” Chanyeol asked. Mrs Park nodded. “How can I not remember this charming lady?” She held on Milan’s shoulders. “You two kids eat a lot, arasseo?” she said. Both Milan and Chanyeol nodded.

Mrs Park lowered herself and whispered into Milan’s ears,” Thank you for coming back. I hope you’ll stay for good.”

When Mrs Park left, Milan was left blushing. Chanyeol noticed this and he groaned. “What did umma tell you?” He asked. Milan awkwardly laughed and shook her head. “You know, girl stuff,” she said as she slapped Chanyeol’s back jokingly.

‘Don’t think of crazy things, Milan. Of course she wants you to stay for good! Her son is a good friend of yours! She wouldn’t want her son to be left alone after all!’

“Chanyeol-oppa,” Milan called the idol’s attention. Chanyeol immediately let out a “hm?” for her to know that he was listening. “Within the last few years that I was gone, have you gone into dating scandals?” She asked. Chanyeol looked confused at first then flustered then embarrassed.

“Ah… er,” Chanyeol nodded a few times. “With the people I work with in the movies and dramas I participated in,” he explained. “Have you ever dated them for real?” Milan asked. “How does it feel to attract a lot of these attractive women?” she added.

Chanyeol didn’t know why she was asking all of this. Maybe she wanted to assess herself. Maybe she wanted to deal with all the dating scandals she entered. She did have a few while she was in America like the one with Jeno and Taeyong. And even though Bambam was already dating someone else, Milan was considered as someone who should date him instead of his current girlfriend.

“I’ve never dated before. Unlike the others here, I thought dating was a waste of time unless it’s the right person,” Chanyeol smiled wistfully and looked into Milan’s eyes. “I mean, if you’re going to date someone and break up later on, isn’t it a waste of time?” He added, accidentally placing his hand on Milan’s.

When he realized what he was doing, he immediately removed his hands and tried to supress his cheeks from blushing. All Milan could do was cover her pink face with her hands. “I… I agree, oppa. Thanks for the info. Er, umm,” she secretly prayed someone could drag her out of this awkward mess.

Luckily, Chen was across her and called her name. He then proceeded to talk to Milan about Ynna. He already noticed the two were a blushing mess earlier. And he was sure once he tells Ynna about this, he’s going to get a lot of compliments from her.

‘Oh no… I’m sure I looked like a complete idiot,’ the two of them thought for themselves as they engaged in separate conversations.