Underrated 2014 Idols

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Milan thanked BTS for the hospitality. Namjoon even offered to have lunch with her but she declined. “I have a lunch meeting with someone special,” she timidly said. “And who is that? Kookie, Kookie, she’s replacing you,” Jimin tattled. Milan rolled her eyes. “Oh yeah, you dudes don’t know. This someone special is her ultimate bias,” Bambam said.

Milan glared and proceeded to step on the man’s foot. “Take me to Myeongdeong, Kunpimook,” she coldly said before going out the door. “Good luck with that best friend of yours,” Hoseuk snickered. “I need all the luck to deal with her. She’s an impossible girl sometimes,” Bambam said before going out of the door to follow Milan.

Milan answered her phone immediately after she exited the entertainment company. “Yeoboseyo? Ah, Taemin-ssi. Mhm, I’m on my way right now. Oh? Then can I also bring someone along? Okay then. See you later,” she said before hanging up. When Bambam went out of the building, he was shocked to hear the following words from Milan’s mouth.

“You are going to eat hanwoo with me and Taemin-ssi.”

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows when Taemin suddenly took him out to eat with Kai. It was normal if Taemin took Kai alone but why did he have to tag along? When he asked the younger the reason, he didn’t get any clear answers. Maybe Kai convinced Taemin to set him up with another girl again.

They were in the restaurant. Chanyeol was fiddling with his phone while Kai was conversing with Taemin about the life in America. “I just need to call her,” Taemin winked at Kai, resulting to some girly giggling from the two. Chanyeol didn’t notice him since he was too absorbed in his game.

“Milan-ah, it’s Taemin. Are you on your way? Oh right, I brought along Kai, is that alright for you? Sure, you can bring someone along! See you later,” he said before hanging up. “I have a feeling she’s bringing Bambam-ssi along,” Kai said. Taemin chuckled. “That’s what you call friendship. Even if one of you rejected the other, you’re still close. Aiya, Milan is so clueless,” he said.

After a few minutes, Milan entered the restaurant with Bambam tagging along with her. Taemin saw Milan frowning at Bambam and scolding the poor boy. “What a disciplinarian,” Taemin muttered before laughing. Milan even hit Bambam’s arm but the Thai idol only laughed as a reply.

“Ah, kwiyeoweo~”  He teased. Milan rolled her eyes. “Sure, cute,” Milan said sarcastically before meeting her gaze with Taemin. She suddenly straightened up and tried to look presentable. Bambam scoffed. “Of course, the queen of pretending,” he muttered.

But when Milan noticed Chanyeol, she froze on her spot. It had been years since she decided to leave EXO. She wasn’t ready to face any member, aside from Kai because he’s Taemin’s bestfriend. She felt like a traitor.

“Gwaenchanha?” Bambam asked as he held on her shoulders. Milan could only gulp and shake her head. She held on her necklace which was shaped into a silver key with JJCC and KEY written on the top. She had developed this habit ever since she got the necklace. For some reason, it always soothed her. That’s why she always wore it during meetings with clients.

Bambam closed his eyes and sighed. “Come on. I’m sure they understood you. Look at that, do you see Kai-hyung being mad at you?” he reassured her. Milan shook her head. Sure, this was one of the rare times Milan showed emotion and didn’t talk about business or Taemin or Jeno. He could sense guilt in her aura.

Take care of her when I’m not around. Even if you two are not dating, you’re her friend. As her sister, I won’t let her get hurt so as her best friend, at least protect her when I’m not around.

Those words naturally repeated in his mind. He knew he had to protect Milan from the guilt she was feeling. Even if her heart turned into cold ice, her feelings were still fragile. She could break any minute.

Bambam held Milan’s wrist and pulled her towards the table. “Ah, hyungdeul, sorry we’re late. BTS didn’t want to leave her alone,” Bambam nervously said before laughing. Milan snapped off her daze and shook her head. “Mianhae, I just remembered some distant memory,” Milan bowed her head before positioning herself in front of Taemin.

“Eh..>? M-M-Mil…” Chanyeol can’t even say her name. “Long time no see, opp—I mean Chanyeol-ssi,” she almost said what she used to call him. “I’ve heard you’ve been dating, Bambam,” Taemin said. “It’s been a few months, yeah. She’s a member of Lady Luck, the rapper there,” Bambam nodded with a proud smile. “I set them up with the help of Jackson,” Milan interjected. “I heard she liked Bambam when she was a trainee in Cube and now, look at you two, lovey dovey,” she said, teasing the boy.

“I know you just want your own love life, chingu-yah~” Bambam pinched her cheeks, making her squirm. “We’re just lucky Soohyun-eonni isn’t the jealous type,” Milan slapped Bambam’s hand away. “If I didn’t know better, I could guess you two were a couple,” Chanyeol said, trying to act casual. “Me? Date this goof? No thanks,” Milan rolled her eyes.

“And well, she could be a horrible girlfriend, telling you about other men in her life,” Bambam complained. Milan shot a look. “Well, I’m sorry you’re not my ultimate bias, Kunpimook,” she said as she crossed her arms.

Taemin looked at her closely and noticed some changes did happen to her when she left for Europe and America. She got tanner but her skin was of a rich colour. Her eyes were cold though. Her hair was slightly curly, maybe because she tied it in a bun recently. And then he noticed the key-shaped necklace she was wearing.

Taemin pointed his finger to her neck. “Who’s that from? A fan? An idol?” he asked with Kai elbowing Chanyeol. Milan looked down and caressed the pendant. “An idol, one of the best discovered rookies during 2014,” she said as a soft smile slowly appeared on her face. “2014 idol? Like GOT7?” Kai asked. Milan shook her head, the smile still remaining on her lips.

“They’re much older than GOT7,” her voice was quiet. “They debuted late but that didn’t matter to me. They are still active in the industry after all, like Shinhwa before they had their own families,” she explained, looking at them. “So, what group?” Bambam asked. “I doubt you know them. They’re such an underrated group,” Milan said as she put her hands on the table.

“JJCC.”