Haunting Past

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

It was around 6 PM when Milan finally answered one of Chanyeol's calls. Instead of feeling happy though, Chanyeol felt like shouting at her since he heard some guy's voice in the background. 

"Who are you with?" Chanyeol asked. 

"One of my friends," Milan answered swiftly. "You don't know him. He's not an idol."

"Who? Which one?" Chanyeol asked again. Milan didn't want to tell him she was with the guy she still kind of liked since, well, her junior year in high school. 

"He just arrived in South Korea and, well, I also have his sister here."

"Which one, Milan?" Chanyeol sounded as if he was Milan's boyfriend. "Tell me which one or I'll try to trace you."

"Milan, you're right! The view from here is amazing," Chanyeol heard the guy talk in English. "I'm really happy that you're here with us."

"Milan, answer me," Chanyeol demanded. Milan frowned before telling him off.

"Why should I tell you anyway? It's not like we're dating, oppa, and I can pretty much take care of myself.'

 

Milan sighed after hanging up. She then looked at the siblings from behind. The two were still in awe by the view while Milan was still in awe by Gabriel's puberty. Who knew the baby faced guy she liked in high school would mature into someone like this? Milan felt small beside Gabriel. She felt like a teenage girl whenever she was near him. She couldn't talk normally. Her cheeks would burn up. She just couldn't control herself. They were right after all. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

Gabriel looked back at Milan and gestured her to come closer. She did, with teeny wheeny steps. Gabriel sighed before holding on her wrist and pulling her towards him. 

"You should enjoy yourself too. I'm sure you skipped work because of us and I'm sorry," Gabriel smiled at the view. "Maddy missed your messages and I admit, I missed the times when you flooded my inbox."

Milan couldn't stop her face from heating up but at least, the setting sun made it less obvious. 

"Don't... Don't worry, I mean, I'm not that busy," Milan said, looking down. She noticed Gabriel's hand still on her wrist. She gulped. She didn't know why she felt that way. She was confused. Her feelings for Chanyeol hadn't been sorted out. And then Gabriel arrived? Milan must be unlucky. She was getting more and more confused. 

"I heard from your sister that you have a meeting soon?" Milan tried to continue the conversation. Gabriel nodded. 

"It's for a new game. I did manage to become a game developer."

"Like you wanted," Milan chuckled and Gabriel couldn't avoid doing the same. "I'm so sorry I'm still awkward around you, Gabs. I mean," she sighed. "We're grown adults and I'm still acting like a 16 year old."

"It's fine," Gabriel patted her head. "At least this means you haven't changed much since we last saw each other."

 

Chanyeol fumed on his bed and of course, the glorious Byun Baekhyun noticed that. Baekhyun hopped to Chanyeol's bed and asked him what happened. Chanyeol told him the whole story, well, just the fact Milan was with a guy who Chanyeol didn't know. 

"Well, Ynna did tell me something," Baekhyun said. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "And it concerns that guy and Milan."

"What? How are they related?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun smirked and shook his head. 

"You might kill yourself or something. You thought everything was going smooth right?"

Chanyeol nodded. 

"You're in luck. We found the iceburg that sunk the Titanic," Baekhyun snapped his fingers. "The guy's someone Milan really likes, even before she met us so that was before Luhan. I don't know all the details, just the fact Milan was head-over-heels for this dude so you better watch out or he'll steal your girl away and you don't want that to happen, do you?"

"I don't. How handsome is he? How did he manage to get her?" Chanyeol frowned. "Milan's mine. She's all mine. She's supposed to be mine. Why did that guy even-- ugh!"

Baekhyun could only laugh at how Chanyeol was behaving. He was like a child who wanted his candy. And Milan didn't have a clue. He was sure enough Milan didn't know Chanyeol was feeling like this. Baekhyun patted Chanyeol's head and reassured him. 

"Don't worry. They're not even dating and are you even sure Milan still likes this person?" 

 

"Sorry for troubling you today, Milan," Gabriel scratched the back of his head with a smile that could've melted Milan's heart if she didn't know how to control herself. 

"It's nothing, really," Milan shook her head. "I had a blast spending time with you and your sister."

"Maddy left too early," Gabriel sighed. "She didn't even have the luxury to eat dinner with us."

"Such a shame too. It was my favourite restaurant," Milan looked down. She knew her face was burning up. It felt like she was on a date with Gabriel after all. She never imagined this to happen. 

"I'll see you soon," Gabriel offered his hand. "If we both are available in the future."

"Sure," Milan nodded before shaking his hand. "I'll take you up on that offer. Just call me before you leave Korea okay?"

"Deal."

 

Milan stepped back when she saw Chanyeol in front of the door of her condo unit. He checked his watch and waited patiently there for something... or someone. Milan sighed before approaching him, lightly tapping his shoulder.

"Hey," Milan bit her lower lip," waited for me?"

"Well," Chanyeol rolled his eyes," obviously."

"And why so? Worried?" She teased before opening her condo unit. "Come in. My sister's asleep by now so keep your voice low."

"Me? Worried?" Chanyeol blinked a few times before following her into the condo unit. "Well, you were with a guy."

"He's not a bad guy," Milan went to the mini-kitchen. "I know him well. He's here for business, nothing else."

"Mind telling me more?" Chanyeol asked. "I don't even care if you mind. Tell me more about this guy."

"I don't mind really," Milan opened the fridge. "I expected you'll ask me anyway. Since that phone call."

"So?" Chanyeol sat by the living room. "Who is he?"

"His name is Gabriel. I call him Gabs," Milan served him some iced tea and leftover cookies. "He was a crush of mine, the last one before I was sent here to Korea. I liked him for two years. Two solid years. Failed to move on so I graduated being head-over-heels for him. I really liked him. Compared to how I was to Luhan-oppa... he was just far above how I felt for him. I called Gabs my angel. My saviour. Sweetest nightmare, etc. I loved his smile. I loved how nice he was. But he was far too ignorant for love, I guess. We never became a thing. I never even heard of him taking interest in me. It was a hopeless cause."

"But do you still like him?" Chanyeol asked, staring at the pitcher of iced tea on the coffee table. "Do you still have leftover feelings for him?"

Milan looked up before shaking her head with a smile.

"That stupidity shouldn't be repeated, honestly," Milan laughed. "Oh wait..."

Chanyeol grew nervous when Milan stared at him with a teasing smile.

"Were you, perhaps," Milan minimized the distance between them," jealous?"

"Why... Why would I..." Chanyeol stuttered. He frowned before moving his face away from hers. "Of course I was."

"Nice, we're being honest here," Milan rested her back against the sofa before grinning at him. "It's understandable that you're jealous but remember, Yeollie."

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow before looking back at her. He knew she'll tell him they weren't dating. They had no commitment. Milan had no reason not to be close to any guy. Chanyeol had no right to be jealous but he was. 

"You're still courting me. Don't be too excited to be in a relationship with me. I'm a scary girlfriend after all."