Connections in SM

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

The new CEO clasped his hands together. He’s seen everything that happened to this company. He was around Leeteuk’s age but he had the skills to run one of the big 3 companies. He bit his lower lip as he scanned the composer from head to toe, not believing this youngster had skills of an expert.

“So you worked for SM for how many years?” he asked. “Roughly two years, Sir. They let me study for four years in abroad,” she answered professionally. The CEO was impressed. Her stand was very formal, and she was very fluent in Korean. If the rumours were true, she could speak a lot of languages.

So the CEO decided to test her.

“How was your stay in America?” the CEO asked in Chinese. “Hao, hao,” she nodded. “You can speak different languages I’ve heard,” the CEO went back to talking in Korean. Milan lightly nodded. “Yes, that’s true,” she confirmed.

“I hope you’ll be teaching our rookies languages since Kenzie told me she’ll handle the new ones in composing,” the CEO said as he looked at Milan again.

“I understand, Mr. Lee.”

Milan went out of the office and went to the recording studio. She shook Choi Minho’s hand as she smiled. “Minho-ssi,” she said. Minho nodded as acknowledgement. “Along with being an idol, you decide to be a composer for other idols permanently, huh,” she looked at him. Minho nodded. “By the way, Taemin’s doing fine,” he told her.

Milan blinked a few times. “What? I didn’t ask,” she almost stuttered. “I know you’ll ask. Everyone in SM knows how much you love Taemin,” Minho teased. Milan rolled her eyes and gave a dry laugh. “This is business, Minho-ssi. I don’t care about Taemin-ssi at all right now. I’m here for work,” she sternly told him. Minho chuckled before patting Milan’s back.

“I’m sure you would regret saying that when you see who you will be working with,” Minho said as he gently pushed her deeper into the room. In the recording room, Milan was shocked to see Lee Taemin putting on the headset. “We’ll be working together to make Taemin’s next solo mini album,” Minho told her. Milan groaned.

“Can’t I just work with the rookies? Like, er, Blue Galaxy?” Milan asked, hope hinting in her voice. Minho shook his head with a smile staying on his face. “This is business,” he repeated the composer’s words to her. Milan groaned again before glancing through the see-through glass again. Taemin was looking at the music sheet before him.

“Go on,” Minho lightly pushed Milan. She cussed under her breath before positioning herself behind the mixing equipment. Taemin paused for a moment to look through the mirror and when he saw Milan, he waved at her. Minho smirked when Milan waved back with a tint of pink on her cheeks.

Taemin went out of the room and personally greeted Milan with a “Welcome back to the Republic of Korea!” Milan muttered a “Thank you” before bowing. Minho clapped his hands before nearing the two. “It’s so great to finally get to work with you. I’ve heard of only good things,” Taemin said as he sat down on the couch.

“Impossible,” Milan laughed. “Milan de Vega is a , a flirty woman who only wants to steal our idols away. I am sure that’s what you’ve heard,” she looked at him. Taemin shook his head. “Do you think I check SNS these days?” he asked. Milan shrugged. Minho laughed. “Taemin is the only one who doesn’t go on IG these days,” he shared.

“I prefer to talk with fans on my site. At least there aren’t a lot of rumours there,” Taemin defended himself. Milan nodded. “I have to agree. Fans act like angels in front of their idols,” she said. “You know the reputation of Shawols. I think they’re more of angels than actors,” Taemin proudly said. Milan rolled her eyes. “Anyways, let’s talk about this next album you’ll be releasing,” she suggested as she crossed her legs and looked at the two men working with her today.

“Didn’t expect you’ll be in Korea, Venice-ssi,” Lami greeted the older girl. Venice smiled a bit. “Eonni is in Korea and she wants me to continue studying here,” she shared. “Jinjja? That’s good! Where do you plan on studying?” Lami looked around, making sure her manager won’t catch her talking to someone. “You can go and train. I can look around Seoul myself,” Venice patted her back.

“But Venice-ssi,” Lami pouted. Venice shook her head. “I don’t want you to be scolded by your eonnideul, Lami-ssi,” she pinched her nose. Lami sighed. “Alright, I know you’re as stubborn as your older sister and I’ve met her. Don’t get lost okay?” she said before hugging her friend and running off to where her training room is.

Venice strolled through Gangnam to check out some shops. Surely, her sister won’t mind her spending her money. Aside from that, Venice rarely spends money on anything, except fan merchandise and then she found herself in a music store.

She wore one of the headsets and listened to a group named “UNIQ”. She was always more fond of YG meanwhile her sister was more of a JYP fan. “They improved, compared to how they were before,” she laughed for a bit. “Ah, my first time in Korea after years… no wonder eonni fell in love with this place to the extent she taught me Korean,” she smiled to herself.

Venice removed the headset and decided to look through the recent groups. “Super Junior’s last album, ah, it’s hard to get a copy of this,” a smile slowly crept on her lips. “Hmm… Ara? NG’s newest album? Lami’s part of this, along with other rookies,” she said as she looked through the song list. Her sister composed for Enchanted Girls (NG for short) since their debut last year.

And those girls are spectacular.

She bought the albums and went out of the shop. “Is that Nature Republic? I’ve heard eonni doesn’t have any masks left,” she thought before going in the store. After a few minutes of looking through, her phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Venice!”

“Milan-eonni!”

“Guess who I am going to work with?”

“Your husband?”

“Yes! So hurry here because I have to tell you the whole story plus we need to arrange your papers so you can attend the university you like immediately!”

“Okay, eonni!”