Not Giving Up Soon

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

"H-Huh? Ah?" Chanyeol's face turned red when Milan's words finally entered his mind. "What? Girlfriend? Finally?"

Milan could only laugh before shaking her head. 

"Hold your horses, oppa. I didn't mention anything about dating yet. I'm not thinking of dating right now," Milan told him. "Gabriel's a person I thought of dating but I got rejected without confessing so... I already moved on. Taemin's your biggest obstacle once you think about it. I love him and I think I'll never stop loving Taemin."

"No oppa?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. 

"You do know in my native language, we don't use things such as oppa or eonni much. We don't care about honorifics except for those really older than us. We use the same honorific for seniors and people older than us, whether they're close to us or not. Well, there's a limit but nevermind that, this is not a language lesson," Milan excused herself. 

"I want to learn more Tagalog though," Chanyeol muttered. "I want to understand you when you can't explain what you're feeling aside from using your native language. Though! Though I'm fluent in Mandarin already, I'm not good at expressing my thoughts in it. I'm better in Korean. Even in English, so I understand if you can't express everything in Korean since you didn't grow up with this language. Our native language is a part of our hearts after all."

"You're right," Milan looked up to the ceiling of her condo unit. "Still, you don't have to force yourself to learn my native language. We can converse in Korean pretty well and your English is not that bad. English is a second language in my country."

"Still," Chanyeol was stubborn. "I would need to speak in Tagalog if I meet your family again. From what I've seen, your parents aren't that fluent in English. Just like mine. And I think other members of your family aren't that fluent in English."

"Don't underestimate them," Milan whistled. "My parents are fluent but they chose to speak in Tagalog more. They're from the province after all. They grew up with a dialect different from how Tagalog is usually spoken. You see, Tagalog is a dialect but it also has sub-dialects, like that. So it's rather complicated. It's like teaching me the Jeju dialect."

"You can speak in Jeju dialect?" Chanyeol's eyes widened. Milan laughed.

"No! I can't speak a word of it. I studied only Seoul and Busan dialect," Milan told him. 

"Why Busan? Is it because of an idol?" Chanyeol pouted. Milan shook her head before laughing again. 

"You'll get jealous right off the bat, oppa. It's better if I don't tell you," she said before standing up. "Don't you have any plans to go home any time soon? I don't want any scandals surrounding us during your courting period. My dad might get a glimpse and demand me back to the Philippines with a blink of an eye."

"I... Yes, sure," Chanyeol nodded. "I'm going home."

As Chanyeol went out the door, Milan called for his attention. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and Milan mischievously smiled at him. 

"I learned the Busan dialect because of Jungkook and I also I know a bit of the Daegu dialect because of Suga. That's all," she closed the door, only leaving Chanyeol speechless at the other side of the door. 

"Ah, jinjja, that girl," he clicked his tongue before going to his way back to the dorm. 

 

The next day, Chanyeol thought of fetching Milan from her place and take her to SM Entertainment's building but as he was going out the door, he received a text from her. Apparently, Gabriel caught drift of where Milan was staying and Milan found him in the lobby of the building. Chanyeol frowned since that Gabriel stole her away from him. Sure, Milan and Chanyeol had an agreement, that they won't talk while she was working with Taemin for his latest album. But why was Gabriel allowed to see her? Didn't he have a meeting for whatever company he was from? 

"You're still here?" Chanyeol turned his head and saw Kyungsoo. He was in all-black as usual. He had a shooting for a drama in KBS so it was normal for him to be that early. He wasn't the lead but Kyungsoo was glad he wasn't. He had enough lead parts for that time. He was fine being the second lead. And he could sympathise with the character so he didn't care. 

"Yeah," Chanyeol whistled," You're going to ask why?"

"I'd rather not. It's none of my business," Kyungsoo said as he wore his shoes. "It's your choice if you'll tell me."

"Milan is with that darn guy," Chanyeol shared. 

"Bambam?" 

"No."

"Jungkook?"

"No."

"Taemin-sunbae?" 

"No."

"Luhan-hyung?"

"No."

"Who? Milan has a lot of 'darn' guys," Kyungsoo pointed it out. "So which of them?"

"It's someone new for me. A guy she knows since she was in the Philippines and I have a bad feeling about him," Chanyeol told him. Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Every guy Milan has been close with is someone who gives you bad feelings. It's called jealousy, Park Chanyeol. Wrap your head around the idea," Kyungsoo lectured him. "Anyways, I have no time to waste. Unlike you, I don't have any reason to dilly dally life."

Chanyeol stuck out his tongue when Kyungsoo left the dorm. What a letdown. Chanyeol thought Kyungsoo was finally worrying about him. Chanyeol was so wrong. Kyungsoo would never care about him but that's the fun part about that guy. He finally took a step out of the dorm and looked around. It was still dark and the sun might rise any minute since that moment. He hugged himself. It was sort of chilly. 

He remembered when Milan came storming into his life years ago. He remembered when she was inside their dorm, unpacking her things. A lot of things happened since then. He wondered if she still stayed in touch with Luhan, after all the mess. If it weren't for him, Luhan and Milan might've dated. Chanyeol felt like he destroyed the possibility of a beautiful relationship because Luhan thought Chanyeol would take care of Milan better than him. Had he ever thought that Milan might never like him the way she liked Luhan? 

Chanyeol chuckled to himself. He shouldn't think like that. He knew he stood a chance. Years passed. He knew he had the ability to open up Milan's heart to him. Sure, he was friendzoned countless of times already but all of those times weren't enough to make him give up. He loved Milan ever since he had his eyes on her. Ever since she went to the high touch, she already caught his eye. Fate was the one who pushed them together again, even though the chances were low. 

Chanyeol looked up and watched the sky slowly turn brighter. He watched as the sun rose and smiled. 

"I have a chance so I'll never back out easily, Milan. Watch me closely as I steal your heart from all the men you're close with, especially Taemin-sunbae!"