Loving You

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Chanyeol was speechless because of the question. Was he too obvious? If someone as oblivious as Milan noticed his feelings, he knew he was very obvious. Milan was waiting for an answer. Chanyeol wasn’t sure how to answer. But Milan was eagerly waiting for his answer. Chanyeol just wasn’t sure how to handle this situation.

“Chanyeol-oppa, I’m going to repeat my question,” she turned her body so she could face him properly. “Do you still love me?”

“I…” Chanyeol stopped himself. When he last confessed to her, she told him to forget about his feelings. He was afraid that might happen again. He didn’t want to hear those words again. He was afraid of the rejection. But he can’t lie to her. She reads people well sometimes.

“It’s alright if you do. I admit my actions before were selfish. I didn’t consider your feelings. I’ve loved and lost before. I’ve been two timed and cheated on. I never really believed in true love. What I felt for Luhan-oppa was mere infatuation. I guess I just wanted to love and be loved again. The desire was too strong,” Milan bitterly smiled.

“But as long as you won’t feel awkward with me, it’s okay if you love me,” Milan cheerfully said. “I mean, our friendship won’t be affected right? That’s why I told you before to forget about your feelings in the past. Bambam suddenly kissed me before. I don’t want to lose a friend because of this positive feeling.”

Milan held Chanyeol’s shoulders. She then stared at him and tightened her grip. Chanyeol felt his heart racing faster and faster. He felt like a teenage girl. She then pulled him into a tight hug and patted his back. Chanyeol’s mind went blank when he noticed the fact this was how Yoora always hugged him.

“I won’t give up on my feelings for you,” Chanyeol whispered, sending chills into Milan’s spine since her ear was close to Chanyeol’s lips. Milan gulped and froze in her spot. She could feel her cheeks burning up, a reason why she didn’t let go of Chanyeol just yet. She was easily embarrassed though it wasn’t obvious.

“That… That’s the spirit, I guess,” Milan finally said when she let go of Chanyeol and looked away.

“By the way, what did Taemin tell you? I mean, since you ended up talking to me,” Chanyeol asked. Milan’s face turned even redder when Chanyeol mentioned Taemin’s name. Chanyeol knew Milan had the biggest crush on Taemin (also the longest) but he can’t put himself to accept that this man who’s younger than him by two years won his best friend’s heart.

“He’s… He uhh…” Milan looked down on her knees and it was pretty obvious for Chanyeol that Milan would go berserk any moment. “He told me what happened to your personal lives recently. Like a lot of your members started dating already,” she continued.

“Did he tell you that he, himself, is the only single member in SHINee?” Chanyeol asked. Milan scoffed and gestured her hands.

“I knew even before I came here! I’m a Shawol first, oppa! And news about my hubby being single is the best news for a fan girl like me!” Milan laughed for a moment but then she realized she looked silly. It was too late since Chanyeol was also laughing at her already.

“Hubby? Oh really? Does Taemin know all about this side of yours?”

“He wants to. That’s why he will go with me to my meeting with BTS,” Milan shared. “Imagine this, oppa. Jungkook-oppa and Taemin-oppa in the same room as me! Breathing the same air I breathe!” she almost shrieked. Milan then continued with incomprehensible words that Chanyeol didn’t understand. He was sure it wasn’t in another language. It was just gibberish.

But he was glad to see something other idols don’t see from her.

“Ah, yeah, since I’m working with Taemin-oppa for the few weeks, I won’t be able to hang out with you,” Milan suddenly said.

“What? Why? I’m sure Taemin will let you.”

“His manager won’t and I have to spend time with my sister during weekends. She’s still new to Korea and I want her to have a glimpse of the life in Seoul with just us,” Milan answered with a frown. Chanyeol looked depressed.

“Don’t worry, oppa! I’ll be hanging out with you once SM approves of whatever Taemin-oppa and I record!” Milan showed a thumbs up just to cheer up the idol.

 

“Venice-ah,” Sehun called out to her but the mentioned lady only ignored him. Venice didn’t want any trouble, especially if it was caused by the great Oh Sehun. She stopped in her tracks and glared at her suitor.

“Leave me alone, Sehun-ssi,” Venice said in a fluent Korean accent. “I don’t need any trouble. I don’t want any trouble, especially from an idol,” she hissed before stepping away from him. She wanted to hide. Sehun was worse than a sasaeng fan. Other fans might want this but she didn’t. She didn’t have any feelings for Sehun. But Sehun was one stubborn man.

Venice found a way. She hid inside a bookstore. Since Sehun was a slow runner compared to her (she secretly thanked her training back in high school), Sehun didn’t catch up on her. Venice slowly paced through the shelves of the books and found herself at the back part of the store.

And that’s when she met Kim Taehyung. And let me tell you, the look on her face was priceless.

Venice stepped back. She wanted to escape the embarrassment since she looked horrible. She shouldn’t be seen by her ultimate bias looking like that.

Well, darn you, Oh Sehun. I have to bump into V with this outfit. I just came from my classes!

But sadly, Taehyung turned his head to meet eyes with her. Venice didn’t expect what happened next. She was suddenly in Taehyung’s arms and he was squeezing her.

“Milan-ssi! Milan-ssi! I didn’t expect to see you here!” He cheered. Oh, so Taehyung knew Venice’s sister. A lot of people did say that Milan and Venice looked alike. But Milan was slender and taller compared to Venice who was chubbier and shorter. Milan had brains and Venice had brawns.

“Err… V-ssi, I’m not the Milan you think I am,” Venice slowly pushed Taehyung away. When Taehyung realized his mistake, he bowed and apologized a lot of times.

“Sorry, you looked alike. I thought,” Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck. “You must have felt violated. I hope you don’t report this to the police,” he added. Venice quickly shook her head.

“Your mistake is understandable. I mean, I am her younger sister,” Venice offered a hand to shake. “I’m Venice de Vega, Milan de Vega’s younger sister.” Taehyung shook hands with her and introduced himself as Kim Taehyung, a member of the hiphop group, BTS.

“Don’t worry. I know you. I’ve heard from eonni that she’ll be working with you. Aside from that, I’m an ARMY,” Venice smiled at him. And it was the first smile she showed that day.