Sweethearts

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

"Well, isn't this a twist of fate?" 

Milan whistled as she watched Chanyeol, in his apron, cooking in the kitchen. She was in her business attire, per usual, and coincidentally, Chanyeol had to go to his rehearsals in the morning. 

"You can't cook after all," Chanyeol pouted," I just wanted you to have a balanced breakfast before going to work."

"You already act as if you're my wife," Milan laughed before she seated herself in the living room," I'm not complaining though. I do need someone to cook for me once in a while."

"I'll cook for you everyday when we're married," he declared, making himself blush. 

"That's a sly way to propose, oppa," Milan laughed," Don't worry. We'll get there."

"And that's a sly way to say yes," Chanyeol told her," Here, everything's ready. Eat up. You have a long day ahead of you, with men who're the practically the same age as you."

"Ooh," Milan's eyes sparked playfulness," Is somebody jealous? Do you want me to drop NCT now?"

"That's not what I'm saying," he frowned," It's just that... Even though we've been dating for like, a year or so? You never initiate the intimacy. I always do that. But when it's Jeno we're talking about, even Chenle or Ten, you always initiate skinship with them."

"So you are jealous!" Milan stood up before smiling at him," That's so cute. I like it very much when you get jealous. The always confident Park Chanyeol is insecure because his girlfriend's been flirting with other men besides him."

"Isn't it normal?" Chanyeol scoffed," I don't flirt with any girl besides you. I avoid talking to girls because of you! And you, you continue your ways with your--"

Milan kissed him on the lips to shut him up. 

"You're the only guy who I'd do that to. You know I'm not great with dealing with guys I like, oppa, what more with the guy I love? I'm really awkward around you but hey," she smiled at him," Only you. You are the exception. Oh god, are you blushing?"

"How can I not?" Chanyeol avoided his eyes," I'm not that new with this dating business but you know how to make a guy crazy. You rarely kiss me and I really want you to be comfortable around me."

"I will someday, I mean I'm getting better, aren't I?" Milan sat down by the dining table," Aside from that, you do kiss other girls aside from me. I know it's part of your work but me socializing with these boys is also part of mine. Don't be insecure, oppa. I chose you over them after all."

"Even over Taemin?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. Milan shot him the look. 

"Know your place, oppa," she hissed," Taemin came before you by a lot of years. I stanned SHINee since the year of their debut. I stanned EXO like a year or two after you debuted."

"I knew it," Chanyeol snickered before placing the plates of food on the table," Well, as long as you don't cheat on me, who am I to think I'd be a priority of a Shawol?"

"That's what I love about you," Milan said casually, making the idol blush," What? Not a lot of guys will accept the fact there'll be a guy above them in a girl's heart."

"Still, at least warn me before saying that," he whispered," I was not prepared for that."

"We've been dating for a year and you're not used to my sweet words? God, oppa, you're in a relationship with a composer. We sweettalk with our music, you should know that. You're a musician after all," Milan laughed," Fans are already noticing that we're flirting using our songs."

"How did they even?" Chanyeol asked," I made sure we won't be that obvious."

"It's alright," she smiled," There aren't any fans attacking me. After the incident with Ynna and Chen-oppa, I think fans understand you have the right to be happy with someone other than them."

"I'm actually proud of them," Chanyeol said daydreamingly," I remember the times I had to sneak around, just to talk to you. But recently, everything's just going smoothly. So, how's your sister? Is she going well with Taehyung?" 

"Mhm," Milan nodded," If it didn't go well, I'd set her up with Jaemin. But everything's going smoothly."

"Jaemin?" Chanyeol laughed," Why Jaemin?"

"They have a smaller and the boy's a sweetheart. I wouldn't mind having him as a brother-in-law, but of course, if she loves Taehyung-oppa and Taehyung-oppa loves her back, who am I to judge? I mean, she was just as surprised when we ended up together," she told him," She thought I would eventually flirt with Ten-oppa and end up with him. I couldn't say she was completely wrong."

"Hey!" Chanyeol frowned," I'm your boyfriend, not that Thai boy. What's with you and Thai idols anyway?"

"Meh," Milan shrugged before laughing," I guess South East Asian people attract South East Asian people? Not sure. Don't worry. Bambam and his girlfriend are going strong and Ten-oppa's still crazy about dancing. I'm sure he'll find a girl as passionate as him when it came to dancing. Me? Not pretty much a dancer. That's why we suit each other."

"Anyways, let's eat quickly. We don't want to be late for work," Chanyeol reminded her, not wanting to talk about the other men his girlfriend has in her life. He trusted her wholeheartedly though, because he knew she was a woman who was serious about romantic relationships. If she wasn't serious, she should've dated Luhan when she had the chance. Or she would've accepted Chanyeol years before. He was just so happy that she finally accepted him and that all of his efforts were worth it. 

The woman of his dreams was finally there with him. Even if they're not married, just yet, even if she had a lot of other men she was crushing on, with every word she says, Chanyeol just falls deeper in love with her. And he knew Milan felt the same. He was confident. Every time she plucked those guitar strings and wrote those sweet melodies, he knew she was thinking about him. He already caught her a few times looking through their pictures together with such a happy smile on her face. 

Whether a year passes by or a century, Chanyeol knew he would never regret his decision of remaining by Milan's side because everything was worth it. And Milan thought the same every time she would look into Chanyeol's eyes.