Last Confession

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Bambam noticed Milan and Chanyeol leaving the venue together. He smirked to himself before telling his girlfriend to wait for him for a moment. He dialed Ynna's number and told him about what he saw. He heard Ynna cheer from the other line. 

"Make sure no one will disturb them, okay?" Ynna told Bambam," I already to Baekhyun-oppa about this, and the other members of EXO. I called up Chanyeol-oppa's manager too, to make sure. I just want them alone for now."

"How can I make sure?"

"Follow them! Take a video too," Ynna ordered the older man," I'll handle the rest."

"Shouldn't we switch jobs?" Bambam asked," You do the following and I do the handling?"

"Nah," Ynna snickered," Because it'll be fun if she catches you watching and taking a video."

After Ynna hung up, Bambam cursed to himself. 

"That woman..."

 

Chanyeol decided to take Milan by the fire escape. No one passes by that place. No one can disturb them. He could finally confess his feelings properly. He remembered when he first confessed to her in Japan. She didn't hear him. He remembered when he confessed the second time. She told him to forget about his feelings. The third time he confessed, she told him he could continue to like her and court her. And this was the fourth time...

And he hoped it was the last time. 

Milan felt nervous. She knew she shouldn't. She rejected Chanyeol a few times before. She said a lot of cruel things to him before. She was afraid he might tell her he was giving up, just in time when she realized she liked him as well. His second confession was the first one Milan heard. And she was cruel to tell him to forget about his feelings. She knew it wasn't easy to forget that kind of feeling. His third one gave him some kind of hope with her. Actually, he already made her fall in love with his loyalty to her. She was weak for loyal boys.

Silence loomed over them. Chanyeol would try to speak for a few times but when Milan looked into his eyes, he felt like his heart was going to stop. That awkward silence lasted for a few minutes before Chanyeol finally gathered the guts to open his mouth. 

"Err... Milan," Chanyeol started," I know you know I love you."

"It's embarrassing if you say it out loud," Milan pointed out," But yes, I know. I think everyone knows."

"It's pretty obvious after all. I try to show it to you as much as I can, in hopes you'll come to like me back, even if it's just a little bit. I know I will never be loved as much as Taemin but I want to at least be the second guy you love the most. I want to be the guy you'll text every morning and the guy you'll complain to about your friends. I want to be the guy who'll carry your shopping bags when you go to Gangnam and the guy who'll cook breakfast for you. I want to be the guy you'll write songs about and the only guy you'll completely depend on," Chanyeol breathed in," Milan, I'm really serious about you."

"I... I'm not sure if you'll reject me again but I'm risking it. I'm sorry that I'm risking our friendship with these silly feelings but I really fell in love with you. I love the way you tuck your hairstrands behind your ear whenever you read those books that I don't understand. I love the way your eyes sparkle whenever you listen to SHINee-sunbae's songs. I love the passion you show whenever you work with these artists. I love how gentle you are sometimes. I love the way you treat your younger sister. I love how you're so calculating and at the same time, so impulsive. I love you, Milan de Vega. I love all sides of you," he continued. 

Milan felt flustered. There was nothing to worry about. Her heart went racing with every word he said. She didn't know how to react. Her face was completely red as she avoided Chanyeol's eyes. She covered to avoid showing her wide smile. She felt like the world was trembling, but she realized it was only her. She never knew she'd feel that happy if Chanyeol told her his raw feelings but she was. 

"Oppa," Milan finally regained her composture. "I know you like me to an extent but I didn't predict that you'll continue on liking me despite of me being cruel to you. I've been a bad girl to like and an even worse friend, but you still continued to like me even if that was the case. I'm not sure what's to like with a girl like me. I mean, I've appealed myself to EXO as a strict composer at first. I've been trying so hard to protect your images to the fans. But it took its toll on me a few years ago, when I suddenly disappeared. I'm sure you thought it was your fault but no, I just needed time to think of what I wanted to happen, about my career, everything. And now that I've become a little bit more mature, I've decided on what I want to do."

"Oppa," she felt nervous. She didn't know how she would confess to him. She knew she wouldn't get rejected but it still felt nerve wrecking. "I... I'm sure I hurt you when I told you I loved Luhan-oppa. But the heart wants what it wants and right now, at this moment, it wants you. I'm sure you won't believe me but it is true. I've recently realized this, with the help of Taemin-oppa. He's the real MVP in all of this, oddly enough. I love the way you're great with kids. I love how you always stuck by my side even though I hurt you. I love your cooking and how you take care of me. I love how you don't treat me like a kid. I eventually fell in love with you because of your efforts, oppa."

Chanyeol felt a surge of happiness flow within him. He jumped and squealed like a fangirl. He hugged her tightly in his arms He thanked her countless of times. He never knew, never predicted that day would come so soon. He slowly loosened his hug and cupped her cheeks. He looked into her eyes, the eyes which made his heart skip a beat whenever she looked at him. He kissed her cheeks before pausing before her lips. Milan smirked to herself before pushing herself towards him. 

And those lips were the softest Chanyeol ever touched.