Key Necklace

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Venice sat on her bed and the TV. Seriously, there were a lot of newbies. She remembered when it was the dawn of KPOP in the Philippines with Wonder Girls’ Nobody, Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry, SNSD’s Gee and 2NE1’s Fire. And at that time, she was kind of clueless what group was performing. It was BG Muses, a group produced by Brave Sound Entertainment, known for their songs and working with B2ST and T-ara.

 She remembered something about her sister eating out with Taemin. She stood up and went to their room, finding a calendar with the encircled date. She sighed. “I’m sure she’ll go crazy later,” she said as she covered the date with her hand.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have gone to Korea. Ummado appado bogosipeo,” she whispered. She was close to her parents, especially when Milan studied abroad. She was even closer to her sister but she can’t avoid missing the people who raised them into what they were now. Milan was a famous composer and Venice was a genius for most people.

She pulled her hair back and sat on her bed. She pulled out her phone and looked at her wallpaper. “Oppa, aigoo, you’re going to work with eonni,” she said as she put the phone on her chest. “She’s going to be scary and all that but don’t be afraid. You have that fetus in your group. She can’t hurt him,” she whispered before slowly falling asleep.

“What? You like a man 12 years older than you?!”

Chanyeol almost stood up. Milan coughed. “Er, Chanyeol-ssi, it’s not what you think,” she shook her head. Kai pulled the elder down. “Let her explain,” Kai said. Milan nodded in agreement. “E.co, he uh, I went to JJCC’s concert in Italy and I was astounded. I got SVIP tickets there, even meeting the group in their dressing room. It was a special favour Jackie Chan decided to give me because I helped him with his latest girl group while I was in the country.”

“You’re Milan, right?” Prince Mak asked me in fluent English. His accent was authentic, not different from how I heard him on my computer and TV. I nodded. “Yes,” I answered. Prince Mak decided to point at where the other members were. “Please wait there. I’ll just get us something to drink,” he gladly said before dashing through the corridor.

I hesitated on opening the door. Simba was there, Sancheong and Eddy too… What will I do when I see E.co? A blush formed on my face. Unfortunately, when I tried to get hold of the door knob, someone else opened the door for me. E.co was standing tall by the door, quite surprised that there was this teenage girl standing in front of him.

“Oh, you must be Milan!” Simba dashed towards the door. I nodded. “Nice to meet you,” E.co bowed his head. He opened the door and exposed what the others were doing. Sancheong was doing a split while reading on his phone. Eddy was playing some kind of game on the sofa.

“It’s an honour to have you as a fan. Wow, you worked with EXO right?” E.co suddenly said. I thought he was adorable. Even though he was around 30 years old already, he looked like he was a child. I nodded as an answer. “Move aside, Eddy-hyung! A lady is going to sit down,” Simba said as he pushed Eddy away from the sofa.

“I don’t call myself a lady, seriously,” I said as I sheepishly smiled. “Why not? You’re pretty cute and you look good with what you’re wearing,” Simba blinked innocently. “Don’t tell me, you’re not straight?” Sancheon turned his head to me. I gulped. I didn’t know how to answer him. I wasn’t really straight, nor was I gay. I was in the middle, thinking of everyone as hot.

“I’m… well, a panual,” Milan said, going on with a long explanation, going on about what her preferences were. “So everyone?” E.co asked. “Everyone,” I nodded. It was pretty easy to speak to them in Korean since everyone here was fluent with that language. Prince Mak, from what I knew, was fluent in that language too. He soon mastered it around 2-3 years of being an idol.

“Do you have a boyfriend now? Or anyone?” Simba asked, sitting beside me. I shook my head. “I have to study hard. I can’t afford distractions,” I laughed. He ruffled my hair. “Such a rare species. I hope more girls turn out to be like you. You’re a good example to the new KEYs,” E.Co clasped his hands.

“Ah, reminds me, I prepared this for you. Since you guided our girl group, we’re in debt,” E.co said before he stood up. “No need, I mean Jackie Chan is such an awesome star. I cannot say no to him,” I said, shaking my head. “It would be a big favour to us if you accept his gift. Since we’ve learned you are a KEY, E.co-hyung prepared a little something since the rest of us aren’t really inclined to fashion as much as him,” Eddy said.

When E.co returned to the room, he was with Prince Mak already. “Close your eyes,” Prince Mak teased me. I did so. I then felt some kind of cold metal touching my skin. I opened my eyes and noticed E.co right beside me instead of Simba. I looked down and saw this necklace then I smiled to them.

“This means so much to me, oppadeul.”

Milan stopped talking. She paused for a moment. “So yes, that’s how I got the necklace. No misconceptions?” She asked. All of the men shook their heads. “I plan on visiting them later. I’ve heard they’ll be giving away hugs in Gangnam,” she said. “Are you replacing me with another man?” Taemin pretended tearing up.

Milan unconsciously shook her head. “I’ll never—“ She suddenly realized what she was doing. “Gah, Taemin-ssi!” She almost shrieked. They all laughed. Chanyeol then decided she have not changed a lot. She was easily embarrassed and the obvious fact she loves Taemin was unchangeable.

She’s still the same huh.

“How’s EXO, Chanyeol-ssi? Kai-ssi?” Milan asked as her eyes roamed towards their direction. Chanyeol was shocked she even noticed him again so Kai was the one to answer. “They’re all doing good. The sasaengs have lessened and the fans matured. We usually write our own songs this time,” he said. Milan nodded, the smile from before disappearing. “That’s good. I’m glad SM decided to let the artists take turns on their music,” she said.

“Speaking about music writing, how’s working with Taemin?” Chanyeol asked. “A-Ah?” A troubled expression washed over Milan’s face. “She’s so excited to be with Taemin in the future, singing songs together. It has been her dream,” Bambam twitched in pain when he felt Milan pinching his thigh. “Shut up, could you? You are not an SM employee to talk about this,” she said.

“So I’ll take my leave,” Bambam stood up and Chanyeol hoped he would really leave but Milan held his wrist. “Not yet,” she said shyly. “Well, that’s flirty,” Kai whistled. “You owe me far too much and you said you wanted to spend time with me in the car,” Milan said. “D-Don’t mention what we talked about in the car!” Bambam said, flustered, so he sat down.

“She knows how to manipulate,” Taemin whistled.