Finally

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Chanyeol could not believe his eyes. Milan was in a dress. Milan was in a cute navy blue dress. And she was wearing brown boots. He knew his heart couldn't handle it but he can't help but stare at her. It was rare to see Milan in a dress since she was still kind of sensitive with South Korea's weather. She was talking with Jeno again and Chanyeol knew how addicted Milan was to Jeno. Milan loved talking to Jeno. And Milan loved looking up to Jeno. Chanyeol knew how thankful Milan was that Jeno grew taller than her. 

Jeno met with Chanyeol's eyes and then he knew what was up. Jeno held Milan's wrist and whispered something to her ears. Chanyeol was suddenly jealous because Milan suddenly laughed. She also playfully hit Jeno's shoulder. 

What a tease.

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks. When Jeno got the reaction he wanted, he bid Milan farewell before going to his group. Milan then turned to Chanyeol and skipped towards him. Chanyeol knew that smile wasn't because of him but he felt fluffy inside. He couldn't help but forget the sin Milan did earlier. He was distracted by how she shyly looked down before looking up to him. He was distracted by how her cheeks looked redder than usual and how her eyes sparkled. 

Chanyeol was really in love with this girl. 

"You look cute," Chanyeol blurted out. When he realized the words he said, he covered his mouth. Milan only grinned at him before thanking him. 

"I mean to look cute. I mean, it's oppa's comeback showcase after all," she said. Of course, she dressed like that for Taemin. Why would Chanyeol expect she dressed like that for him? 

"You don't look bad yourself," Milan said before looping her arm with Chanyeol's. "Since Bambam won't be able to come and Taemin-oppa would be busy with his showcase, why not be my date for tonight?"

"Oh-hoh?" Chanyeol scoffed. "What about Jeno?"

"Were you by any chance..." Milan looked up to him again. "Jealous?" 

Chanyeol became flustered and nervously shook his head. Him? Jealous? It may be true but he couldn't tell Milan that. He can't. Milan only snickered before dragging Chanyeol off to where the rest of the EXO members were seated. 

"Milan!" Baekhyun hugged her tightly. "What's gotten into you and you wore a dress?" 

"I'm a girl, Baekhyun-oppa. I like wearing dresses sometimes," Milan pouted. "And what's with you trying to look hot?" 

"Me? Trying to look hot?" Baekhyun scoffed. "I'm always hot, Milan!" 

"Don't lie to me, Byun Baekhyun," Milan rolled her eyes. Baekhyun suddenly pulled Milan closer to him while Chanyeol was talking to Kai about variety stuff. 

"So, sorted your feelings about Yeol?" Baekhyun asked. Milan's eyes widened and she looked flustered. 

"Wh-What? Feelings? What?" Her red face meant everything. Baekhyun knew what was up. 

"You're so innocent, aren't you?" Baekhyun chuckled. "This just shows our age difference, seriously. You're how many years younger than me?" 

"Seven," Milan answered. "That's why Chanyeol-oppa's feelings for me are basically ia like I can pass as his younger sister or something."

"Age doesn't matter, seriously. Have you seen other celebrities?" Baekhyun said. "What is important is that his feelings are sincere and sure. You're still..."

"I know," Milan didn't let him finish. "I know what you mean. I'm still not sure. I mean, I still can't believe his words."

"Well, with that face," Baekhyun shot a look at Chanyeol for a second. "I won't believe his words too. Can't believe how many girls fell for his trap years ago."

"Come on, oppa's handsome. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be able to enter SM," Milan elbowed Baekhyun. "Anyway, why are you so persistent on making me end up with oppa?"

Baekhyun shrugged. 

"Well, all your friends are dating EXO members so why not you too?" 

"Well, that's a weird reason."

 

After the showcase, Chanyeol decided to take Milan with him. It was his chance. He looked good, well, he always looked good. And Milan looked angelic. It was like she was dressed up for her first date. At first, Milan was reluctant to go with Chanyeol but she agreed to walk along the Han River with him. There was nothing wrong about it after all. They were best friends after all. 

"Idols usually go here whenever they want to escape the idol life, right?" Milan asked. Chanyeol nodded. There were a lot of celebrities who liked spending time at the Han River during the night since no one would be watching them, so they thought. 

"So you want to escape the idol life for now?" Milan asked. Chanyeol nodded once again. If he wanted to escape the idol life, he wanted it to be with Milan. 

"Milan..." Chanyeol said. For some reason, Milan felt shivers down her spine when Chanyeol called her name. 

"Hm?" She looked up to him again. Chanyeol stared at her. He couldn't think of anything. The night was serene. The moonlight rested perfectly on her face. 

"Oppa?" Milan tried to snap him out of his daze. "What is it?"

"Do I have a chance?" Chanyeol asked. He expected a no or a not sure but when Milan smiled at him, he knew something was up. 

Milan turned away from him and looked up to the moon. 

"Yeah, you do," Milan said. "I mean, who wouldn't want the EXO member Park Chanyeol as their boyfriend after all?"