Southeast Asian Buddies

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

 

Taemin had no clue how to deal with five childish men and two were even older than him. He had no problem with Jin since he was only recording a video while eating by himself in a corner. He had problems with the four men remaining though. They were so obnoxious and noisy, noisier than Key and Jonghyun whenever they were excited about something.

Jungkook was carrying Taehyung on his back while Jimin was on Hoseuk’s back. They were wrestling and Taemin was worried one member might fall on his back and injure himself. He would get in trouble with their leader. But the four members weren’t listening to him. They continued screaming and pushing each other.

“Don’t bother with them,” Jin turned off the camera before turning to his senior. “They never stop until someone gets hurt. It would probably be Jimin again,” he added.

“Don’t they get tired of it?” Taemin asked. Jin shook his head.

“It makes them feel as if they’re any younger. There will be members entering the army and Hoseuk will be one of them. I guess they’ll miss the guy once he goes,” Jin explained.

“Which one is Hoseuk-hyung again?” Taemin asked.

“J-Hope,” Jin answered, pointing at the one carrying Jimin.

“Isn’t he like Milan’s favourite rapper?” Taemin asked. Jin nodded.

“I’m sure she knows it already. Nearly half of Bangtan would go to the military at the same time, the hyung line, including me. And after we do our service, the younger ones will go,” Jin noted.

“Isn’t that cruel for your fans though? Isn’t it easier that you’ll enlist one by one?” Taemin asked. Jin shook his head.

“We can make a comeback faster when we do that. We could not comeback if one member is missing after all. It’ll only make the stage feel like there’s something missing,” Jin explained.

“Yeah, you’ve got a point,” Taemin smiled as he remembered his past with his group.

 

“When is she going out?” Taemin groaned. He just experienced hell from the younger members. Taehyung tried to make Taemin join in the mess, resulting to him tripping a few times. He was lucky enough he didn’t get any scratches. It was also very tiring to keep up with the youngsters.

As if on cue, Milan entered the room with Suga and Namjoon following her. They were both drained of their energy as if they just had a debate with the composer. Milan, on the other hand, had a smug look on her face.

“Gomawo, oppadeul,” she looked back at the two idols. “You two are the best people to consult to. I thought I had to file an appointment with Block B or EPIK HIGH,” she added.

“You really are cruel, Milan,” Suga muttered. “Just treat us to food the next time you go here.”

“Oh, I will, per agreement, oppa,” Milan said before walking towards Taemin. She then held Taemin’s arm and turned him around.

“V-oppa! Jungkook-oppa! Hoppie-oppa and Jimin-oppa!” Milan called all of the hyper ones. Those four gulped and looked at Milan, all scared.

“Taemin-oppa? Can you go out for a second?” Milan sweetly said before pushing her ultimate bias out of the rehearsal room. She then slammed the door shut.

Taemin could hear the four members cry in horror. They were all begging for mercy. And he thought he heard Milan cackle like a witch.

The door opened, exposing all the four members on the floor. Namjoon and Suga shrugged when they saw Taemin’s shocked face. Jin, on the other hand, brought their first aid kit to the boys. Milan skipped towards the door and bid goodbye. Namjoon was the only one who replied to her.

“What happened?” Taemin asked. Milan shook her head.

“Love is painful after all,” Milan smirked, quoting a song from one of BTS’ past albums. Taemin shrugged, not bothering to ask anymore because he might be her next victim. He wondered how Chanyeol managed to survive a friendship with her.

 

“Bambam?”

It was a pleasant surprise for Milan to see her bestfriend outside of the company where she works in. She liked being with Bambam. She always felt more at home whenever she was with him. Even though Thailand and the Philippines were two completely different countries, finding someone from Southeast Asia put her mind at ease.

“What are you doing here?” She asked. Bambam shrugged before greeting Taemin, his senior.

“I’m going in. I’ll be at the recording room if you ever plan to see me,” Taemin casually said before entering the large building.

“You won’t follow Taemin-sunbae?” Bambam asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Of course I’ll put you first, Bambam! Geez, it’s not like I put biases first before my best friends,” Milan rolled her eyes.

“Oh really?” Bambam smirked before shaking his head. He then patted Milan’s head. “I just wanted to see you.”

“Want to stroll around Itaewon? I want to go shopping,” Milan asked. Bambam had a look of doubt at first before agreeing.

“My car,” Bambam went ahead and Milan followed him with a grin on her face.

“Gomawoyo, Bamie,” Milan chimed. Bambam could only chuckle. She looked ridiculous.

 

“So how are you and Chanyeol-hyung?”  Bambam asked as he drove. Milan shrugged.

“He says he loves me.”

“Do you believe him?”

“Meh.”

“Wow, such a direct answer.”

“You know so well that I don’t believe it when people say they love me or anything. I’m a piece of poo.”

“Cute way of putting it.”

“Oh, you won’t even contradict it?”

“Nah.”

“Perfect friend.”

“We’re peas in a pod after all. Saranghae, Milan-ah. No homo.”

“That ain’t even homo like we hetero right now.”

Bambam laughed followed by Milan. The two were really weird together, as if they were made for each other. They themselves knew it was impossible for them to date but the friendship they had was something they both treasured. They didn’t have anyone else to be this weird with. Even Bambam didn’t show this side to his girlfriend. Chanyeol never knew of this side of Milan too.

“But seriously though, will you ever believe what hyung confessed?”

“I might,” Milan paused. “Yes, I might but not now.”

“Then when?”

“Why are you so curious about my personal life, huh? Aigoo, Bambam, entertain yourself with someone else’s life.”

“Nah, your life is like a Korean drama. It’s interesting.”

“I’m not a form of entertainment, dude. I’m so going to tell your girlfriend about this.”

“She knows I play around with you, Milan.”

“Oh really?” Milan sighed. “I’m really stuck with you, aren’t I?”

“So yeah, answer my question.”

“I’m afraid to hope and hurt, dude. Those two H’s make my life miserable with a capital M. And I hate it because maybe oppa’s feelings are true and maybe, just maybe, I’ve grown an interest in him.”