My Other Half

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Chanyeol had no clue what to do. Sure, he was at a shooting. But his mind couldn't concentrate on anything. Sure, he was doing a good job according to the director but he knew he wasn't doing his best job. He just couldn't touch his leading lady comfortably anymore. He was thinking of something else, of someone else. He wanted to hold her like he held his leading lady. He wanted to confess every sweet word he had for her.

Chanyeol was madly in love with Milan, he knew that for sure.

Chanyeol couldn't easily erase her smile from his mind. He couldn't erase the fact Milan didn't technically reject him. He couldn't forget the last time they saw each other, how Milan looked so mad when she saw Chanyeol with the new stylist. Chanyeol could say he had a chance, that Milan could like him the way he liked her. Scratch that, Chanyeol loved the composer.

“Chanyeol-sunbaenim?” Chanyeol's co-actress tried catching his attention. Ahn Hayeon was one of the rising actresses in South Korea after her television debut in “Look Yonder”. And she'd known Chanyeol for a bit of a while since his sister interviewed her the same year as her successful debut. They were close to the point there was a scandal, but no one really believed in the rumour. Everyone knew Hayeon was interested in a Cube idol, and Chanyeol's heart belonged to a non-celebrity.

“Hayeon-ah, what is it?” Chanyeol turned to her. Hayeon was visibly shorter than Chanyeol. She was about the same height as his shoulder but that was what their shippers loved about them. Their height difference was ideal and adorable. Chanyeol and Hayeon would always joke about that. They would call themselves the Titan and the Dwarf.

“Directornim said to pack things up. You can go to rest and make up your mind on how to court Milan,” Hayeon elbowed him and then winked. It was her hobby to about Milan. Milan was, obviously, Chanyeol's biggest weakness.

“How did you know?” Chanyeol asked. Instead of answering his question, Hayeon shrugged and walked off to her trailer to change her clothes. Usually, Chanyeol didn't get that girl. But he was glad Hayeon didn't even more. Chanyeol decided to pack up and have his manager accompany him back to the entertainment building so he can train his dancing.

 

The drive back to SM Entertainment didn't take long. Chanyeol was sort of thankful for that. If it was any longer, he would be daydreaming about Milan again and act like this teenage girl he had in him. What he didn't expect to see was this Thai man outside the building. He wondered what Bambam would want to talk to him about.

“Hey, why're you here?” Chanyeol asked once he told his manager to go in first. Only then did Chanyeol notice how much Bambam changed from the rookie he was years ago. Bambam matured and grew taller. His masculine features were more prominent. His features were sharper. If ever Chanyeol was a woman, he could consider Bambam's line to be y.

“I was wondering about Milan. She was gushing in Twitter about L-sunbaenim again. She's not even an Inspirit,” Bambam answered.

“I know that you know she's not here. She's still with BTS,” Chanyeol told him.

“I was worried about you actually, hyung. Milan's going to work with BTS and Taemin-sunbaenim. That's not a good sign. She never worked with GOT7 yet she grew close to me. Even more that she'll spend hours with these men she finds attractive,” Bambam told him coolly.

“Don't try to warn me. I know the troubles with Taemin alone. Have you seen her gushing over that man?” Chanyeol said as he crossed his arms.

“I think everyone has at least seen her once, except for Taemin-sunbaenim himself. I can't believe how much she's holding back. How long do you think will she stay like this before she breaks and confesses her undying love to him?” Bambam asked.

“I think she already did. Knowing how much of a player Taemin learned to be, at least Jonghyun-hyung taught him how to have some respect to ladies,” Chanyeol said. “Taemin acts different around her. I think he flirts with her sometimes.”

Bambam snickered.

“Jealous, are we?” he asked. Chanyeol could only shrug before nodding.

“How can I not? Taemin is her ultimate bias and a girl's ultimate bias is equal to the husband she's going to have in the future. Those delirious feelings could lead to something serious,” he reasoned. Bambam found it amusing, how Chanyeol was making a fuss over Milan. He was the same before, and Milan felt the same attraction to him before. It wasn't obvious though.

What could've been if ever Bambam gave Milan space to think?

Bambam didn't want to think about that. He was happy with his girlfriend. Milan was sort-of happy with her male friends. But Bambam was curious. He wondered if ever it happened, that Milan would be his girlfriend. Would they ever break up? He guessed not. Bambam wasn't the type to let go someone like Milan once he got her.

Oh how lucky Chanyeol is that Bambam was such an impulsive brat years ago.

“Take care of her once you get her, okay? I hope you treat her better than I did. She hates it when you steal kisses from her,” Bambam chuckled. “She's my bestfriend and I treasure her more than my girlfriend. I knew her longer than my girlfriend. I'm closer to her. She's like the other half of me. Heck, we're Southeast Asian buddies.”

“Don't worry. I will,” Chanyeol smiled at him. “I will treat her like this treasure I've been trying to find for years. I will treat her like this precious gem I tried really hard to find. I will treat her like this antique vase I wouldn't want to break. I'll treat her like she's my other half too. I'll treat her the best because she has the other half of my heart.”

“I'm glad to hear that, hyung.”