Peer Pressure

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Days passed by, and the SM Town Concert came. A lot of people came, even idols from other companies to support their friends in SM. Well, GOT7’s main reason on being there was because Milan was there, organizing the things backstage. They sneakily went through security and found themselves in the staff room, seeing Milan in the farthest corner, alone and typing something on her laptop.

“YAH!” Jackson suddenly bearhugged the poor girl. Milan shrieked but when she saw who it was, Jackson got a hard hit on the head. “You gave me a shock, idiot!” She screamed at him. The other members who were tagging along chuckled at the interaction.

“It’s not my fault. I missed you, yeobo,” Jackson said as he winked. Milan rolled her eyes. “You have a girlfriend, Jackson-oppa! Try to stop flirting,” she sighed. She then looked at the other members. “Ah, Yugyeom-oppa, you’ve grown into a fine man!” She stood up and walked towards him.

“Yes, grown is the right word,” JB nodded. “JB-oppa, ah, you still look annoying,” Milan commented, making Jr burst into laughter. “Think about how I felt, starting with JJ Project and now, with GOT7,” he complained.

Milan raised her hand for the palm to face Jr and the two did their usual handshake. “Still the same oppa I know,” she smiled at him. “Still the same dongsaeng I met,” he said as he pulled her into a tight hug. “Mark-oppa, didn’t think it was possible but you grew handsome,” she said as she gazed at Mark. The older man just smiled shyly.

“How is the musical actor life doing, Youngjae-oppa?” Milan asked. “Very good! We’ll be having a remake of Cinderella, I hope you’ll come,” Youngjae said. “I’ll come as long as you treat me with the tickets,” Milan cheerfully said.

Bambam observed Milan quietly and chuckled to himself. He wondered what Chanyeol did to have her return to this girl he fell head over heels with back then. Whatever the case was, it only proved how much Chanyeol deserved to get the girl.

“The concert’s about to start. Why are you here?” Milan asked. “We didn’t come here for the concert. We came here for you,” Bambam said. After escaping Jr’s grasp, Milan looked at the members one by one.  She felt hope in her heart. She also felt regret of ignoring these boys for far too long. She regretted hating the idols but that was their fate. They wanted to be idols.

There was no fault in dreaming. She dreamed to be an idol too. This was the closest she could get.

“Then help me with the chores, boys! You can’t be freeloaders here even if you are close friends of mine!”

 

After the concert, Chanyeol found himself trying to find Milan again. He found her lying on one of the couches in f(x)’s dressing room. He only saw her because the door was wide open. She looked tired but happy while talking to Amber. Jackson was also there with them, showing pictures of him and Youngji. He chuckled to himself, really glad for the fact she went back to how she was.

“How is it?” Baekhyun asked before glancing at the sight Chanyeol was staring at. “How is what?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun smirked. “How are you two love birds doing?” He teased. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “We’re still best friends. I want to change that someday,” he said.

“Nice determination! I love it. Just wish Milan would love it too,” Baekhyun said as he dragged his best friend away from the girl he loves. “By the way, with Milan working with Taemin-sunbaenim, aren’t you worried?” Baekhyun asked. “Of course I am. Taemin-sunbae is her ultimate bias. I could still hear her shrieks whenever SHINee had a performance or concerts,” Chanyeol groaned.

“Don’t worry. She can’t even talk casually with him.”

“Proof that she really likes him.”

“Proof that it’s impossible for them to date because she can’t even talk to him!”

Chanyeol groaned and nodded. “Well, that’s right. But still, I was best friendzoned,” he pointed to himself with a frown on his face. “Best friendzoned! It’s a whole new different level of friendzone!” He complained, making Baekhyun laugh.

 

“So you two are so in love? Are you forcing me to date someone, Jackson-oppa?” Milan said. Jackson smirked and nodded. “You’re like over 21 years old already! Date someone! Your last boyfriend was like when you were 14 right?” he said.

Milan scoffed. “I don’t need a boyfriend,” she said as she glanced at Amber, wanting the idol to back her up. “Yeah, Jackson, she can be single all her life and live with like 50 kittens,” Amber said, making Milan hit her. The composer groaned and rolled her eyes.

“I’ve thought of dating before, okay? I’ve thought of wanting to date Bambam before he got a girlfriend but I was like, shoot, I don’t have the time!” Milan confessed.

“Ohoh? So you did like me back?” Bambam appeared by the door with a bouquet of flowers with him. “And I really wanted you to be my girlfriend back then,” he approached her. “What’s with the flowers?” Milan asked, pointing at the flowers he was holding. Bambam handed her the flowers.

“To congratulate you for your success in helping this company manage the concert,” Bambam said as he winked. Milan almost wanted to barf. “What do you want from me this time?” Milan asked. Bambam looked offended. “I’m contented with what I have,” he sat beside her when she sat up.

“I have amazing fans, friends, lover and I have you,” Bambam sincerely said. Amber pinched the younger’s cheeks. “Aigoo, flirting when you have a girlfriend,” she said. “I’m not flirting. Even if I don’t have romantic feelings for Milan and the same goes for her, she’s still my best friend. I can’t ask for a better friend even if I get bruises every time we go out,” Bambam reasoned, hugging the said person.

“Aigooo, Kunpimook, you are the sweetest and corniest best friend a girl could have. Reminds me, where’s Chanyeol-oppa?” Milan looked around.