Unfair

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

“I heard Chanyeol proposed to you,” Baekhyun said once Milan entered the recording room. She wasn’t surprised to see him there. She was used to Baekhyun’s surprise attacks already. She nodded before she sat before the sound equipment. “And?”

“What do you mean ‘and’, Baekhyun-oppa?” Milan asked. She picked up a headset and placed it against one of her ears. “Did you expect something extraordinary to happen? Such as Chanyeol-oppa burning the restaurant to the ground?”

“A little bit,” Baekhyun laughed before approaching the couch near Milan,” It is Park Chanyeol we’re talking about. So, did you accept his proposal?”

“Who proposes before you start dating though?” She laughed before she turned to Baekhyun. “Whose wise idea was it?”

“I expect Ynna but that isn’t really important right now, is it? Did you accept or reject the elf?” Baekhyun asked, inching closer to Milan. “I will not take it too personal if you rejected him.” 

"He didn't ask me to answer him right away," Milan told him," He told me to wear it if I accept his proposal. He looked hopeful."

"Let me rephrase the question then," Baekhyun smiled at her," Do you plan on rejecting him?"

Milan turned herself away from Baekhyun. She didn't want to show such an embarrassing face. She wasn't sure what she felt for Chanyeol. She saw her phone light up and saw Gabriel's name on it. 

"That's unfair!" Baekhyun complained. 

"Life's unfair," Milan retorted before getting her phone. She answered it and continued to talk to Gabriel. Baekhyun tried reading her facial expressions. She had a smile while she was talking in Tagalog. Her face did scrunch up between the conversation, but for the most, she looked glad she was talking to this guy. Baekhyun crossed his arms and pouted. 

"That was a deciding point," Milan whispered to herself before she hung up," I've decided."

"Decided on what? Is this about Chanyeol or about that guy you were talking with on the phone?" Baekhyun asked. Milan only smiled at him as if she was a child with a secret before she faced the sound equipment again. 

"You'll find out soon enough," she said," All I can tell you is that whatever Gab told me decided whatever's going to happen."

 

Chanyeol crouched down as he covered his face. Bambam crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at him. 

"You went all the way here just to tell me that?" the Thai idol asked. 

"What? You don't think this is a big thing?" Chanyeol's eyes widened, as if they could get bigger than they already are," I proposed to her and we're not even-- God, this is embarrassing."

"It is," Bambam nodded," You should've thought this through." 

"How can I? I don't want to have that Gabriel guy steal her away," Chanyeol whined. Bambam could only smirk and help Chanyeol up. 

"He won't," Bambam shook his head," I'm sure of it. After all, he doesn't have my blessing to date Milan."

"That won't be an enough reason," Chanyeol frowned," What if she's still in love with that Gabriel?" 

"Then we can't do anything about it," Bambam said in a not-caring way. 

"Why do you act like that?" 

"Because you're the one having doubts about yourself," the young scowled," When I liked her back then, I dived in without second thoughts. I kissed her, even if it puts our friendship in jeopardy. I just wanted to let her know I really liked her. It was childish and she was mad at me so long but it was worth it. At least she knew I liked her more than anything back then."

"This is different," Chanyeol shook his head," completely different."

"It's not. You're just insisting it is. We're both her best friends and we know she hates it when she loses her friends. Look here," Bambam said," She didn't distance herself from you when you confessed for the second time."

"Because she matured."

"And you didn't? Hyung, we're adults already. It's childish to sulk about this," Bambam lectured him," You'll know her answer and I know you'll accept it whatever it is because you just want her to be happy."

"I realized something, Bambam," Chanyeol said," It doesn't matter if she's happy, I won't feel the same. I want to be the person who makes her happy. I want to be the person who makes her smile everyday. I want to hear that laughter of hers until my last day. I want her to cry to me whenever I go out of the country. I want her to whine to me about whatever happened in her day. I want her to be mine."

"You don't know if the feeling's the same so stop the moping," Bambam patted Chanyeol's back," I'm sure she likes you back, she just hasn't realized it yet. But she will! Oh, she will!"

"Thanks for the encouragement, Bambam," Chanyeol finally smiled," That cheered me up, tons."

 

"I'm here already, Milan. Where are you?"

Gabriel looked around the busy streets of Itaewon. He felt nervous. Back when they were in high school, Milan and Gabriel never went out. Maybe because she was too affectionate and open? Maybe because he wasn't ready for a relationship? Anyways, they could never end up together alone. When she went to talk to him back then, she dragged a friend of hers. She looked flustered when he was with him and Gabriel felt awkward around her. 

Gabriel was glad she changed a lot. She could talk to him like normal. Maybe because she had to work alongside the idols she was addicted to before. She also looked more feminine. Gabriel felt like a proud batchmate of hers. He didn't know her addiction to K-Pop would bring her to South Korea and to the side of her idols. She worked with the entertainment company which specializes in visuals so it was surprising she hasn't died because of the excitement she would've felt. She told him several times already that she was presently working with her ultimate bias too. How can that girl stay alive? 

"I'm so sorry, Gab. Are you in front of the 7/11 there?" Milan asked. Gabriel said "yes" then he heard Milan groan. 

"I'm so sorry, seriously. I'm almost there. I'm sorry I'm wasting your precious time," Milan said before she hung up. Gabriel regretted not telling her it was fine. She wasn't wasting his time. He was glad to spend his time with him. He was happier that it was just the two of them. If Maddie was there perhaps, the secret would be spread and Gabriel didn't want that. When Gabriel heard the familiar voice, he saw Milan in casual wear. Apparently, she changed her clothes after work. She didn't want to run around, looking messy and stressed after all. 

Milan panted in front of Gabriel before she looked up to him. She showed a bright smile. 

"Let's go?"