Couples and Dating

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]
Venice raised an eyebrow on how the older girls were being immature and messy in their dorm. There were jackets and shirts tossed everywhere. There were random books on the sofa. There were shoes surrounding the door frame. If Venice didn’t know better, she’ll think men were living in this dorm. 
 
Mintae was occupying the whole sofa. She had an English book on her chest and her eyes were concentrated on some drama on the TV. Minseul was on her phone, possibly fawning over some random idol. MiYeon was already sleeping on the floor. Louis was reading something and Venice was sure she shouldn’t peep in to know what it was. Jimin was watching TV and Lami was still trying to convince her to audition. 
 
Venice never dreamt of being an idol. She never even had an interest in performing arts. She was more on the hands-on type of thing like drawing or painting. Her sister was the one interested with performing onstage. Aside from that, she wanted to avoid Sehun at all costs. What he was doing should be called ia. Venice was seven years younger than Sehun! 
 
Age doesn’t matter. Sehun would always tell her that. Venice didn’t care. That statement was an opinion. For Venice, age did matter. She could go for men around 6 years older than her but seven years? She can’t. Her parents wouldn’t let her. Milan wouldn’t let her. 
 
Lami studied Venice’s face. She was obviously a university student. Her glasses and neat hair made her look smart which she was. She was able to enter one of Milan’s dream universities, Ehwa Women’s University. If Milan wasn’t taken by Lee Soo Man and told to study in Europe, she would’ve studied there with International Studies as her course or in one of the SKY Universities (Seoul National University, Korea University and Yonsei University). 
 
“What course did you take again?” Lami asked. “Business management,” Venice answered. “So after a few years, I have to bid my farewell to Korea. While my sister earns money here, I have to take care of my parents in the Philippines,” she added. “Wait, have your parents seen your sister since she disappeared a few years back?” Lami asked. 
 
Venice nodded. “During her first year in America, she invited us over. We even went to our aunt who was living in Texas,” she explained. “And there was this one time, we also went to Europe. She told us that she wanted to go to Florence with us. She’s a giant Dantean after all,” a small smile formed on Venice’s face as she recollected her memories. 
 
Mintae sat up and looked at Venice. “Didn’t that Dante dude refer to the other great writers of history such as Homer and Virgil?” She asked. Venice blinked a few times. “Eonni did mention that I think… so yes?” she said. “Ah, in case that you don’t know, Mintae’s a huge fan of the European classics. She self-studied English just to read the original text,” Lami said. 
 
“Reminds me of Rap Monster though.”
 
“Are you going home soon, oppa?” The term of endearment caught Chanyeol off guard. He blinked a few times and Milan looked oblivious to even notice the tint of pink on his cheeks. “Ah, yeah, soon,” Chanyeol answered. “Are you okay being alone here? I mean, the security in this place is good but it’s still dangerous for you,” he added.
 
Milan shrugged. “I’m sure no one would want to harm me. I’ve disappeared off the face of Korea for years already. People are bound to forget about me. Aside from that, Rae is coming over soon after her shift,” she explained. “Ah, it’s been a long time since I’ve last seen Rae. About a month or so?” Chanyeol began thinking. 
“She’s been dating Xiumin-ssi openly right? Good thing to know. She’s been successful since she graduated,” Milan sighed in relief. “I thought she would live by being a fansite noona forever,” she added, with a soft laugh. “She works in Inkigayo and MCountdown sometimes, right? She does have a talent for dancing,” Chanyeol coolly said. 
 
“I’m sure she’s trying to find a full-time job. Tough luck being a foreigner in Korea,” Milan whistled. “Well, she could work in my mom’s restaurant. That’s the least I can do for a friend. She does have experience in working since she was an employee in a café before,” Chanyeol shared. Milan stared at him wide-eyed. 
“Jinjja? Well, tell her that then!” She clapped her hands. “Why doesn’t she audition into companies though? She has mad dancing skills,” Chanyeol asked. Milan shrugged. “Maybe the fame is too much for her. She likes stalking more than being stalked,” she calmly answered. 
 
“So what time do you plan on going home?” 
 
Taemin raised an eyebrow as Kai stopped dancing. “Do you think they’re getting along now?” Kai asked. Taemin nodded. “I don’t want to work with someone who pretends too much,” he said as he sat on the varnished floor. “I’m sure she’s not completely pretending. She does want to be professional with me and all the people she’s going to work with here in South Korea but whenever I work with another person, I want that person to relax with me. And Milan is obviously not relaxing,” Taemin explained. 
 
“Did you already have an idea of her personality before you met her?” Kai asked. “I’ve heard things from the others, aside from what you told me before,” Taemin answered. “The fact that she once said she sold her soul to me still intrigues me though,” he added. “She might still think that you are clueless of her infatuation towards you,” Kai said.
 
Taemin shrugged. “It is embarrassing though. Remember when you guys were teasing me with my little crush on Naeun before?” he said. “Can’t believe you two never dated for real though. You were dating another girl right?” Kai asked. Taemin nodded. “A girl from my school back then but we broke up once she started getting serious. She did enter one of the SKY universities,” he said. 
 
“You must’ve looked dumb with your girlfriend then,” Kai snickered. Taemin rolled his eyes. “But I don’t like anyone now. I want to be serious with my career. You do know that SHINee might be close to disbanding, and the others and I are forced into our solo careers,” he said. “That’s just sad though. Onew-hyung is married right? And Jonghyun-hyung is engaged and Key-hyung is in Japan with his girlfriend?” Kai asked.
 
Taemin nodded. “And Minho-hyung has an actress girlfriend, leaving me as the only single man in SHINee!” he groaned. “Start dating one of your fans then,” Kai elbowed him. “I did say I would date one of my fans. But none of them catch my eye, Jong-innie. Ah, I’m going to die single!” Taemin rested his back on the floor, making invisible snow angels. 
 
“That’s overly dramatic, Taemin! You’ll find your girl someday,” Kai told him. “Someday? I might marry once I reach forty! And the hyungs would laugh at me and make fun of me,” Taemin complained. Kai laughed. “Even you have a girlfriend!” Taemin accused. Kai slowly nodded. “Not my fault you were too pretty for girls,” Kai teased.
 
“But you have a lot of charm, Taemin. Why not give dating a shot?”