Confessions

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Chanyeol didn't expect that kind of answer. His eyes widened and he stepped back. Milan only snickered at his reaction before turning to him once again. 

"What's with that?" Milan asked as she tilted her head. "You didn't like my answer?"

Chanyeol shook his head.

"I... Umm... Didn't expect that at all," Chanyeol covered his mouth. 

"What? The thing that I could possibly like you?" Milan laughed for a moment. "Well, oppa, I couldn't say you're not handsome. I mean, you are really handsome after all. I almost liked you a bit more than Kai-oppa after all. And you know how to cook, play the guitar, make music... You're gentle and sweet. Come on, you're boyfriend material for an EXO-L."

"For an EXO-L," Chanyeol frowned for a moment. "I want to be boyfriend material for you."

Milan expected Chanyeol to say that. She shrugged before walking towards him. 

"All I want my future boyfriend to be is my best friend. A relationship that feels like the best friendship that you wouldn't want to lose it is the best for me."

Chanyeol gulped when he processed what she said. Was it an indirect confession? He didn't know. 

Before Chanyeol could ask, Milan's phone rang. She had no choice but to answer it. 

"Yeoboseyo?" Milan said. "What? Sehun did what? Venice, I'm going there now. Don't move. Who do you have with you? What? How? Okay, just wait there."

As Milan talked over the phone, Chanyeol looked concerned. Her tone completely changed. Apparently, something happened to Venice. And whatever happened to Milan's little sister, it was not good. 

"I'm sorry, oppa. I need to go. Venice's in trouble and I'm not--"

Chanyeol covered and signalled her to calm down. Milan did so before sighing. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" Chanyeol asked.

"It would help," Milan nodded. "Stop me when I do anything stupid, okay?"

Chanyeol smiled at her.

"It would be my pleasure, Milan de Vega."

 

Milan parked her car in front of a dormitory in Gangnam. She thought about how expensive it might've been to stay there before shaking her head. She exited her car first before Chanyeol did and ran towards the door. She pressed the doorbell and a familiar face welcomed her. 

"Jungkook-oppa?"

Jungkook showed a small smile before widening the opening of the door. 

"Come in. V-hyung is with your sister," Jungkook moved his gaze to whoever was behind Milan. "Your boyfriend?"

Milan's cheeks turned red before shaking her head. 

"Not yet," Chanyeol smirked. Milan elbowed the idol before barging into the apartment. 

"So you really do like her, sunbae," Jungkook said. "What made you like her though? She's a scary woman."

"She's really soft once you get through her hard exterior. She's really sweet and cute, especially when she's embarrassed," Chanyeol shrugged. 

"Oh right," Jungkook snapped her fingers. "Does she really like me? She told me I was her bias."

Chanyeol frowned before nodding. 

"Lucky boy," he said. "I'm not even her bias in EXO."

"Thanks," Jungkook scoffed. "It has its perks such as I wouldn't get beaten up as bad as my hyungs. Anyways, want to go in? In case your future girlfriend goes haywire and scares V-hyung again?"

Chanyeol nodded.

"Lead the way, hoobae."

 

"I should really," Milan sighed. "Are you going to be okay, Venice?"

Venice didn't answer her sister's question. She just hugged her tighter and nuzzled her face into Milan's chest. Taehyung was just beside the two, patting the younger's back. 

"I'm going to talk to him soon. I'm going to flat off tell him to cut off this kind of thing if it only hurts you. If Sehun really does love you, he'll leave you alone," Milan said as she tried comforting Venice. 

"Oh yeah, oppa," Milan turned her head to Taehyung. "How did you and my sister end up together tonight?"

"Err..." Taehyung scratched the back of his head. "Would you believe it when I say I'm dating your sister?"

Milan's eyes widened. 

"WHAT?!"

 

Chanyeol didn't know why but he heard Milan's loud voice through the corridors. He heard her cursing Taehyung's name and saying words which weren't suited for children. And it was Chanyeol's first time to hear Milan say those kinds of words. Chanyeol turned his head to his company when he sighed.

"I guess he told her in a not-so-gentle way."

"What?" Chanyeol blinked his eyes a few times. 

"You see, V-hyung and Venice are dating. Dispatch has not reported on it and I guess a few people knew about it but it's true," Jungkook explained. "They've met before in a convenience store or something and V-hyung recognized Venice as Milan's younger sister and voila, they became friends and it escalated to being lovers. Since Milan isn't usually at home, she never caught her sister bringing hyung there."

"What? So basically," Chanyeol huffed. "They've just met like a few months ago and they hit it off immediately? Wow, that's faster and simpler than our love story."

"Reason why Milan's going haywire," Jungkook stopped when they reached a certain door. "Here we go, now go and stop Milan before she does anything stupid."

Jungkook opened the door and saw Namjoon and Jin restraining the composer from ripping Taehyung's hair off. And quite opposite to how Venice looked earlier, she was laughing and smiling. 

"How dare you-- You didn't even court her!" Milan tried to wriggle her way out of her situation but she failed miserably. 

"Oh, sunbae," Namjoon reacted when he saw Chanyeol by the door. 

"I'm going to take it from here," Chanyeol sighed as he approached Milan. Both Namjoon and Jin slowly loosened their grip on Milan but before Milan could tear Taehyung limb from limb, Chanyeol managed to hug her from behind so tight that she wasn't able to escape. 

"Oh darn you, Park Chanyeol," Milan sighed. She looked up to him before looking at Taehyung. 

"You fell in love countless of times and never once was your sister against it. You chased after your dreams and went to Korea, without even thinking how much your sister would miss you. Your sister supported you with your decisions. Isn't it the time to return a favor?"

Milan weakened with Chanyeol's words. 

"Just..." Milan took a deep breath. "Just take good care of Venice, Taehyung. She's a handful and she's manlier than most men out there. But she's a good kid."

"Don't worry, eonni," Venice went to her sister and smiled at her. "You know Taehyung-oppa. He'll take care of me like Chanyeol-oppa takes care of you. He'll make me smile tons and tons of times. And like what he did earlier, he'll protect me from dangers, such as Sehun's stalking tendencies. Don't worry."

"Sheesh, if you weren't my only weakness, I would've just left you."

"I love you too, eonni."

 

And at the frame of the door, there was Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseuk and Suga. Hoseuk and Jimin were tearing up by the touching scene made by the sisters while both Jungkook and Suga were trying to calm them down. 

"Omo, it's like a scene from a drama."

"Aigoo, I miss my family."

"Sh, hyungs, they'll hear you."

"This is so not what I signed up for."