Flustered

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

After that hectic day, Venice didn't give her sister the letter that was sent to her from the Philippines. She knew Milan was too stressed to think about whoever sent the letter or whatever the letter's content was. She was just going to be surprised to see the sender the next day. Venice wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a pleasant surprise for Milan but she was sure enough Chanyeol would detest the visitor.

Milan decided to sleep in the dorm and sent Chanyeol away. Chanyeol protested at first, telling Milan that it was too dangerous to leave her alone in that home full of hiphop men. She obviously reasoned that she knew BTS and she knew the boys respected women. Aside from that, Venice was dating Taehyung and Taehyung wouldn't want his name tainted in front of Milan.

The next day, around 5 AM, a knock resounded in the dorm. Suga was the one to answer it since, well, he was the only one awake. He actually planned sleeping after 30 minutes, after his usual composing sessions. Because of that, Milan and Venice were sleeping in his bed. Jin had to move out and sleep with the 95 liners so Venice could occupy his bed, which she didn't because of habits. 

When he opened the door, he didn't expect Bambam to be there. Suga raised an eyebrow and asked him how he found out Milan was in there. Bambam reasoned with Jackson and Namjoon as his sources. Suga welcomed him in and closed the door. He told him where the sisters were sleeping and Bambam casually went through the corridors and opened the door. He saw Milan protectively hugged Venice and Venice laying flat on her stomach.

Bambam sighed before bringing out his phone. He called Milan and Milan's phone rang its ringtone, echoing through the room. Bambam chuckled at how silly the song sounded. It was GOT7's cover of "Mr Chu" and heck, Bambam never knew Milan set that up as her ringtone. 

Milan didn't open her eyes just yet. She reached for her phone and answered the call without opening them.

"What?" Milan said in a hoarse voice.

"Good morning, ray of sunshine!" Bambam said sarcastically. When Milan realized there was someone else in the room, she jolted up. She finally had her eyes open and she was glaring at her South East Asian buddy. 

"I didn't expect a visitor this early," she frowned at him. "Especially a busy idol like yourself."

Bambam went deeper into the room and snatched an envelope from Suga's desk. He examined it at first before handing it to Milan.

"Your sister hasn't given this to you?" Bambam gave out a chuckle. "I think this is important."

Milan raised an eyebrow and took the envelope. She saw it was addressed to her and opened it. She read the content and she immediately went out of bed. 

"Want me to drive you?" Bambam asked with an amused smirk.

"Well, no thanks, I have my own car and," Milan inhaled. "I think I'd rather not have you see me panicking over a trivial thing like this."

 

Around 12 noon, Milan was in front of a hotel in Itaewon. No one knew she was there, well, except for the sender of the letter. She knew the sender would arrive any minute now, and maybe, with someone accompanying her. Milan looked around and saw the person she was trying to find. She waved her hand and approached that person.

She was a little bit taller than Milan and had darker skin. She had chinky eyes and a sweet smile. She looked like a darling, an adorable puppy even, but Milan controlled herself. 

"It's been a long time, Maddy," Milan affectionately smiled at the younger one. "Sorry I haven't been answering to your messages. I had idols to cater to."

"No, that's fine, Milan," Madeleine shook her head. "It's your job after all and I didn't want to disturb you."

"So what brings you to Korea? You're not a big fan of KPOP, right?" Milan tilted her head. Madeleine showed a devious smile before gesturing to the man in the arcade, playing Tekken. Milan's eyes widened and her cheeks turned red.

"Why did you--" Milan stared at the male figure. He had his eyes glued on the screen as he pressed multiple buttons all at once. Milan's lips turned into a thin line before facing Madeleine again. "Why did you bring your brother?" 

"He's the reason why I'm here," she answered. "He'll have a meeting with some gaming company I think and he's really excited and nervous."

"Did you bring little Tom?" Milan asked. Madeleine shook her head. 

"Tom's not little anymore. He grew like how my big brother did," Madeleine answered. "Oh, I think he's done with his game."

Milan didn't know what to do. Gabriel was her crush when it was her last year in the Philippines. Actually, she liked him during the last two years she had in the Philippines. She hadn't seen him in so long and she didn't know what to do. And she didn't have any time to think or plan on what to do. She thought about Chanyeol, and how jealous he would be if he found out about this. 

Well, she forgot about him when Gabriel smiled at her. 

"O-Oh..." Milan scratched the back of her neck. "Long time no see, Gabs." 

 

Chanyeol knew something was up when Milan didn't answer any of his calls. He slumped on the sofa of the radio show's waiting room and groaned. Heechul raised an eyebrow but didn't bother asking a question. He'll do the grilling when the radio show starts. That'll make things extra interesting for him and the fans. Heechul might be an angel sometimes, but most of the times? He was a genious devil, ready to torture anyone at anytime. 

Chanyeol stared at his background. It was a selca of Milan and him, together. Milan might've not noticed Chanyeol holding her shoulder and he was happy for that. A small smile formed on his lips. He was confident that no one would go in between them again. After Luhan, Bambam, and her ex-boyfriends, Chanyeol was confident enough to say that he has her all to himself. 

Oh, when will he realize how wrong he was?