Come Back Home

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

Milan slowly removed her cap and caught Taeyong’s gaze as she did. “You must be Taeyong. I’ve been working for a while in this company but I never had the chance to talk to you,” she said as she held out one of her hands. Taeyong gladly shook hands with her.

“It’s also a pleasure to be able to talk to you. Ynna-sunbae has been talkative about you,” Taeyong told her. Milan shook her head. “I’m sure she’s only up to no good. How is it being an idol?” She asked. Taeyong shrugged. “It’s harder than being a trainee, I can tell you that. But it’s… I enjoy it more. I can make more people happy,” he said with a bright smile.

“A usual answer from an idol, okay, you can go out now,” Milan said, a professional aura returning. “This is business, Taeyong. Remember that,” she said before Taeyong closed the door. A sigh escaped her lips as she looked down.

It will always be business.

She decided to call Ynna who was in Korea for the SMTown concert happening next week. The only reason why Taeyong was here was her. It was decided by the company that she should work there after the concert. She needed to train the new composers there.

“Ah, Ynna,” she said once she heard the loud greeting of her best friend. “Is it just me or your voice went deeper?” Ynna joked making Milan groan. “Shut it,” she hissed. “What time is it there?” Milan asked. “Ah, molla. I just know it’s already late but too early for an idol to sleep,” Ynna answered. “How is it with Taeyong-oppa there? Isn’t he so handsome?” the younger chimed.

“I know he looks like a dude that got out of an anime but Ynna, you know I don’t want any relationship. Especially after that EXO and GOT7 incident,” Milan said. “But I’m sure you’re lonely. I’m sure you want to kiss someone soon,” Ynna said. “I’m not like you who can’t survive a day without Chen-oppa,” Milan coldly said, making Ynna squirm.

“You know that’s not true!”

“Park Chanyeol, I swear if you don’t get off my bed,” Baekhyun glared at his roommate for the nth time already. Chanyeol didn’t seem to care since he didn’t raise his head from the phone he was holding. EXO was done rehearsing for the concert. The idols who were left were all the most recent ones. Chen wasn’t in the room because of that reason. He wanted to watch his girlfriend perform.

“Have you heard?” Baekhyun said, giving up and settling himself on the corner of his bed. “Heard of what?” Chanyeol asked. “Milan’s going back to Korea soon,” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol automatically sat up. “What—What, she is?” Chanyeol suddenly looked energized.

“She is,” Baekhyun nodded and then he eyed the taller one. “But remember this, you can’t be all familiar with her,” he reminded his best friend. “Remember, she surely changed after everything. She ran away from us because of the fear she might get hurt which she did,” he added. Chanyeol bit his lower lip.

“I can’t promise that. I still love her, Baekhyun.”

Luhan stretched on his bed when he let go of his phone. He was rooming with Sehun at that time and the younger had his back on Luhan. “I’m sure you got updated already,” Sehun muttered. “Of what?” Luhan blinked a couple of times. “Milan,” Sehun answered.

“Mhm,” Luhan nodded. “A few days ago, I overheard the managers talking about it,” Luhan added. “What did they say?” Sehun asked. “The newbie managers were in awe since Milan was the one who made KPOP be known internationally and she could speak different languages. Trivial things really,” Luhan answered.

“Are you sure?” Sehun sat up and looked at the older. “Nothing about the issue years ago?” he asked. “A bit,” Luhan bit his lower lip, brushing off his black hair from covering his eye sight. “They don’t believe she’s flirting with anybody and it’s true. She’s just overly comfortable with men,” Luhan said.

“How about your life? I’m sure Suho is curious about it and I am too,” Luhan said. “Me?” Sehun laughed. “I can only tell you this girl I’m courting idolizes Milan,” he answered. “Courting? I thought courting wasn’t your style,” Luhan said amusingly. “I change my style with the right girl, hyung,” Sehun said.

“Right girl huh.”

“Hey, Bam,” Milan said as she called her South East Asian friend. Sure, Milan rejected BamBam but at least, now, the dude’s not forcing himself on her. “You’ve heard of the news, I’m sure,” she continued. “So what do you want me to do?” BamBam asked. “Something simple, arrange me with a meeting with Bangtan, especially with Suga and RapMon, understood?” Milan answered.

“Wae?” Bambam asked. “Just do it. It’s business,” Milan said. “Business, whenever you call me it’s always business. Aren’t you wondering how I am? How EXO is right now?” Bambam asked. “I know you’re all fine. You’re idols. Your fans will protect you from any outsider except from themselves,” Milan answered.

“Are you still bitter of what happened?” Bambam asked. “Oh, no. I’m just being professional here, Bam. Really professional, unlike some people who put their personal feelings in their work, I’m not the one that does that anymore,” Milan defended herself.

“We both know that’s not the truth, Milan. Stop blinding yourself. You’re still worried about everyone. You didn’t change one bit. You just put all your attention to your work,” Bambam told her and she felt like she was splashed by cold water.

“Just do what I’m telling you, Bam. I’m going to Korea soon so I need to talk to these two people. They know much about hiphop. I need to know how to hiphop,” Milan said before hanging up and slumping her back against her chair.

“Taeyong, I know you’re there,” Milan said as she closed her eyes. “You always know when I’m here,” Taeyong slowly went into the room and sat across her. “We’ve only been together for a few days but we’ve grown closer, no?” Milan said as she opened one eye.

Taeyong had brown hair and was wearing a grey hoodie over his white shirt. He was obviously tired because of his training but his eyes were still energetic. There was a spark of amusement in his face as Milan scanned it.

“I know my name is close to our ultimate bias’s but refrain from staring at me that long,” Taeyong joked as he spoke in English. “I wasn’t—Hey, I know you’re one symbol apart from Taemin-oppa but don’t you dare think I like you,” Milan hissed. “I’m not hoping,” Taeyong smiled at her. “We two are completely different people. You have your own philosophies when it comes to idols but you never went into our shoes. You’re afraid, aren’t you?” he added.

“I knew you’ve recognized me from before. When I was a rookie, we bumped into each other right?” Milan narrowed her eyes. “You were energetic before. You were smiling as if it was the last day of your life,” Taeyong told her. Milan sighed.

“I know.”