Dream Come True

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

The next day, Milan was scheduled to work with Taemin. And it was for the whole day. Milan couldn’t keep calm as she tried to pick which clothes she should wear. She couldn’t even put on make-up! She had moments during that morning that she would stare at her eyeliner and lip tint and wonder if she would suit wearing those shades.

After all the trouble, she finally settled with what her appearance was. She only wore light make-up since she still wasn’t used to cosmetics. She looked around her condo and didn’t find her sister anywhere. Venice might be at school already. She was always an early bird during high school.

She went out of her condo and locked the door. But she was shocked to see Chanyeol waiting for her by her car. He had a bouquet of roses in his hands and was looking around but failed to see the flustered composer.

She breathed in deeply before approaching the idol. “Boo,” Milan said, making Chanyeol back off from the car. When he saw it was his best friend, he let out a sigh of relief. “I thought-“ “You thought I was a ghost?” She jokingly said before pushing Chanyeol aside and opening her car.

“Who are those for? Wait, the more important question is why are you waiting for me?” Milan asked as she looked at Chanyeol. The idol scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. “These are for you,” he handed the roses to the composer. “And it’s because I’m such a sweet best friend,” he said, lessening the distance between their faces.

“Are you jealous of Bambam again?” Milan asked, gently pushing Chanyeol away from her. Chanyeol only pouted and crossed his arms. “Why would I, the handsome idol Chanyeol, be jealous?” He said with so much pride. Milan shrugged before getting in her car.

“I don’t have time to have idle talk, Chanyeol-oppa. I’m working with Taemin-ssi today,” Milan said, almost closing the door. “Do you want me to bring you to SM?” She asked. Chanyeol thought for a moment and nodded, running towards the passenger seat. “Thanks for the offer,” he cheekily smiled as he sat beside her.

 

When they arrived at the company’s building, Milan and Chanyeol chattered while they were heading to their respective rooms. Milan was still holding onto the flowers Chanyeol gave her. “You must be excited then? You’re finally working with Taemin-sunbae after all,” Chanyeol said. Milan nodded softly with a wistful smile on her face.

“It’s like a dream come true, you know? I’ve waited so long to have this opportunity,” she dreamily said. “When all goes well, I might even date him, y’know?” She jokingly said before chuckling to herself. Chanyeol, on the other hand, wanted to frown. He didn’t want Milan to date Taemin. He wanted Milan to date him and only him.

“Oh, this is where you’ll drop me off,” Milan stopped in front of a room. “Good luck with your training, oppa. I hope you improve in dancing,” she joked before opening the room and entering it, leaving Chanyeol alone in the corridor.

Chanyeol sighed to himself. Milan had charms and she could easily sneak into Taemin’s heart if she was clueless of everything. But Chanyeol knew Taemin was too busy to consider dating anyone, especially his composer. Even though Chanyeol was busier, he knew very well he could make time for Milan. Look at what he’s doing, he was showing Milan how special she was to him.

“No use on thinking about it,” Chanyeol pocketed his hands before continuing to walk to EXO’s rehearsal room. “I just have to give it my best and confess to her again,” he whispered to himself.

 

Milan found Taemin on the couch of the recording room. He had his headphones on and he was tapping his pencil against the notebook he was writing in. He looked awesome, for Milan anyway. It was as if all of the fanfiction she read came true. Taemin was there. Even though Milan told her friends she would flirt Taemin nonstop once she gets to work with him, she felt frozen by the door.

Milan was there for five minutes before Taemin raised his head and noticed her. He removed his headphones and gestured Milan to come closer. Without second thoughts, she did and she sat right next to him.

“Even though Minho-hyung isn’t around, I hope you’ll be comfortable with me,” Taemin offered his hand for her to shake. And Milan did without a word. All Taemin had to read on her face was the blush on both of her cheeks. She was already heating up with their physical contact.

“Talk, I don’t bite,” Taemin kindly said and Milan nodded. “Err… Ah,” Milan was clumsy with her words. She thought that she’ll be professional with handling this situation but she couldn’t. Her heart was beating wildly. She couldn’t even look at Taemin’s eyes.

‘How can I do my job now?’

Taemin clasped his hands and sighed. “We can’t finish anything if you can’t concentrate.”

“Mi-Mianhaeyo…” Milan looked down.

“But I could help you get comfortable with me. Didn’t you say before you will meet with BTS tomorrow? I’ll accompany you.”

“N-No need. I can get comfortable—“

“You can’t. Let me do this, Milan-ssi. We can be closer friends if we do this.”

Milan had no choice but to nod. She wasn’t sure what to do the next day. She was going to meet BTS with Taemin. Her imagination couldn’t handle Jungkook and Taemin in the same room. She couldn’t handle it, she swore. But she had to work and Taemin looked eager to be closer to her.

“Let’s just start now and finish whatever we can. I don’t want this day to be a waste after all.”

 

“You improved in singing,” Baekhyun whistled at Chanyeol. Chanyeol only shrugged and showed a small smile. “I have to compete with all of her biases in Korea. Ynna-ssi gave me a list and I have to say, she has high expectations,” Chanyeol said as he looked at himself in the mirror.

“She’s back in Korea and you know what that means, right?” Ynna cheerfully said when she pulled Chanyeol out of the rehearsal room. Chanyeol blinked a few times and shook his head. “You have a lot of chances to woo her. She’s single and might not be ready to mingle but hey! You have a lot of chances ahead of you. Just court her,” Ynna said as she smiled at him.

“And because of that, I decided to tell you all of the biases she has and all you have to do is research about them and find out what Milan saw in them that made her fall in love with them,” Ynna continued. “First up, I’m sure you know Lee Taemin from SHINee and Luhan, formerly from EXO. I’m not sure if her favourite member right now is Kai because sometimes, believe it or not, she likes you and Baekhyun. Sometimes, Lay too so we’re unsure with your group.”

“Then there’s Jeon Jungkook from BTS, E.Co from JJCC, Eunhyuk from Super Junior, G-Dragon from Big Bang, Seungyeon from UNIQ, Jinwoo from WINNER, Yoseob from B2ST, Sungjae from BTOB, Bambam from GOT7, Tablo from Epik High, L from Infinite, Zelo from B.A.P, ZIco from Block B, Donghyun from Boyfriend, Ren from NU’EST, Hyuk and Hongbin from VIXX, Ken from U-KISS…”

Ynna continued listing Milan’s biases and it took so long that Chanyeol couldn’t believe Milan liked that many men. “And that doesn’t include her female biases. With the females, you just have to know HyunA from 4MINUTE, Joy from Red Velvet, Hyoyeon from SNSD and also her favourite actress, Park Shin Hye,” she finished.

Chanyeol still couldn’t believe Milan liked all those men and most of them were one of the youngest members of their groups. Her top three were all in the maknae line (Taemin, Jungkook and Bambam). If not the youngest, she would like someone from the hyung line.

“Those three have some things in common, they can all rap, dance and sing. And they have youth since they’re all younger than me.”