Chapter Seven

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris moved out of his car and went inside to join his friends. The rest are all giving him that hyena grin that somehow he hates.

“I thought you really don’t have plans. So how did the date go?” Luhan asked when he is finally near them.

“Just the same girls I thought my parents will get. Full of herself and all,” he casually replied as they all watch the new set of students do a dance performance.

Just as silence reigned over them, they saw Sooyoung walking up to get near them. It was like a go signal to all of his friends to leave him alone.  He had to silently curse but seeing her smiling at him made him speechless for a while.

“Hey, thank you for coming in here. I thought Baekhyun said you will not come in here,” she smiled brightly that he had to stop himself from grabbing her.

“Some family things kept me late,” he replied and tried to calm his self when she stands beside her. When he looks at his friends upfront, they were all smiling like idiots. ‘What a bunch of nice friends,’ he thought drawing a deep sigh.

“How was your family’s hospital?” he asked to avoid the growing silence.

“You know our hospital? That’s odd for a certain Kris Wu,” she chuckled, “Anyway, thanks for asking. The hospital is trying a new innovation for cancer patients and those with heart problems. Mom and Dad had been busy lately,” she replied.

“That’s nice to hear,” he replied thriftily.

There was silence and from the looks of it, it’s only her who enjoys it. He , for his part, cannot concentrate because of the close distance between them. He had to smirk at his self for somehow acting like a crazy fan girl near his idol, but he knows how to keep it cool despite the loud hammering in his ribcage.

Then something flickered in his mind, “You seems to be so close to Chanyeol, are you two related?”

She looked at him with shocked expression which was soon replaced with a teasing one, “Why are you curious?” she smiled.

“I-It’s just that… you two are always together,” he avoided her eyes, trying to stop himself from scratching the back of his neck but he failed miserably.

She gave a light laugh, “We are just friends, nothing more.”

He was about to ask again when they heard the Charming Nerd call her, “Sooyoung!”

When he is already near, he gave him a knowing nod, “Hey Kris,” then smiled an awkward one.

“The rest are already there, let’s go?” he reached out for her hand.

Kris looked at Sooyoung and prayed silently on all saints that she would not accept the offer.

“I’ll get there later, just inform them to be prepared,” she replied.

Kris had to stifle the chuckle that threatens to escape from his mouth from the failure of Chanyeol in asking for her to get at the backstage.

“You should probably go there now, they might be some problems,” he said when Chanyeol finally disappeared on the crowd.

“It’s okay, I trust Chanyeol to fix it for me. I prefer the silence of my company as of now,” then she turned to smile at him.

Every hue started to fill his space once again as he f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter