Chapter Twenty

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The auditorium is already deserted but she has still some ample time to stay and wait for her service car. The drama was a success. She is sure that it will be featured once again on the big screen for private viewing for the King and Queen for the Young Prince participated as the lead male.

As she was heading to the stage, one student suddenly comes into the stage and sits behind the grand piano. A soft melody started to fill the auditorium. She takes careful steps as she watches the said guy press the keys with such softness as the sound slowly fills her ears.

As she tries to find a name for the said guy, Kris moves inside the auditorium after being informed that she is in there. He saw her just a few seats away from the stage watching a guy play the piano.

It was a short piece that when it was done; the said guy brings out his phone and let another music play.

She claps her hand from glee which surprised the guy. He immediately stands and made a bow as she approaches the stage.

“Wow! You play so well! Why didn’t you join the Music club?” she clasps her hand as the said guy remains stiff where he is standing. It is not because of her but the other person behind her slowly walking near them.

“I already told him that but he prefers the Dance club,” Kris replied for him as she visibly flinches from being startled. She turns her head and saw Kris walking towards her.

“What was your name again?” she asks turning to the said guy.

“Zhang Yixing but I prefer being called Lay,” he replied.

“I should take note of that. I will surely put you on the Music Club,” she smiles.

Kris suddenly clears his throat, “Hey Lay, can you do me a favor?”

The addressed guy gave a nod.

“Can you play this song for me at the control room?” he hands him a piece of paper, but Lay is quick to see that look in his eyes that says, ‘And leave at once for I need privacy with her.’ After all, rumors about his particular attention for her are already spread on the whole campus.

A few minutes later, Shania Twain’s ‘You’ve Got a Way With Me’ starts to softly play on the speakers.

“Will you grace me a dance, milady?” he laid out his hand with a bow.

Sooyoung chuckles at his formal offering for a dance so she decided to play along, “Certainly, my lord,” then accepts his hand.

He slowly pulls her close as his arms moves to snake on her waist which somehow made her stiff. A blush colors her cheeks again as she slowly let her hand rest on his chest, afraid to let it move behind his neck.

“Relax, you look so stiff,” he chuckles as he slowly sway with her.

For a while, they let the music take away the time.

“Why are you suddenly asking me for a dance, if I may ask,” she smiles, pulling up the play of the British Royal Court.

“Well then milady, if you can still remember, our dance was particularly short during your natal day celebration,” he smiles, letting her head rest on his chest.

“Oh, it must have been terrible on your part to leave just as the celebration was starting, I apologize for not being such a good host then,” she chuckles at the play they were trying to pull up.

“Oh, don’t speak nonsense sweet one,” he leans back to let their eyes meet, “You are actually a very good host for gracing me one of your dances,” he smiles.

And just like that, she felt that certain pull as their eyes locked and the one that she was dreading to happen between them before at the library slowly comes to reality as he slowly closes the distance between them.

But this time, instead of fighting back the mood of the situation, she allowed herself to be carried away, wondering as well how it feels be kissed for the first time.

She closed her eyes submitting into the feeling as he finally let their lips touch.

A burst of tingling sensation racked through her body the moment she felt his lips on hers. It was something so sweet and just something that made her knees go weak. She was even sent to cloud nine when she felt his lips move over hers, slowly and softly molding hers to his. She felt every ounce of her strength being that when he parted after a while, she had to cling to him for support since her knees were so weak to even carry her weight.

She was flushed, too weak from the sweet feeling and breathless as well. She slowly opens her eyes, staring back at this handsome guy holding her as of the moment. The music suddenly changes but still of the same artist.

This could be it

I think I’m in love;

It’s love this time.

It just seems to fit,

I think I’m in love

This love is mine

 

A lovely smile finally blooms on her lips.

When youkiss me

I know you miss me

And when you’re with me, the world just goes away

The way you hold me

The way you show me

That you adore me

Oh, when you kiss me…

 

The sudden ring of her phone broke the romantic atmosphere. “I hope you don’t mind if I would answer it,” she sheepishly smiled.

He gave a nod, still holding her close, afraid that she may collapse if he lets her go. Chanyeol’s voice answered from the other line.

“Youngie, are you still at the auditorium? I am on my way there; your car is already waiting for you. I already have your bag.”

“I’ll meet you on the way, where are you now?” Sooyoung was not able to hide the panic in her voice from what Chanyeol had said. She doesn’t want him to catch them in this sweet embrace.

“I am already at the end of the hallway. I can see the auditorium already.”

She immediately removed his hold on her, looking back at him with apology before she ends the call.

“I have to go,” she pauses trying to look for something to add but she is speechless.

With another handsome smile, he steps forward lifting her chin and planted a chaste kiss on her lips once again before he leaves her stunned in the middle of the stage. He used the backstage as his exit.

When Chanyeol finally gets inside the auditorium, Sooyoung is already going up to meet him. He suddenly noticed her flushed cheeks and the bashful smile on her lips as she absentmindedly walked past him.

He was still wondering what could have made her like that but the answer finally emerges on the other exit of the auditorium the moment they are on the hallway already. Kris casts one look on the two of them, his eyes lingering a bit longer at Sooyoung’s back.

‘What happened in there?’ he thought as he follows Sooyoung to the waiting car at the school’s entran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter