Chapter Seventeen

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I recommend you to listen to Shannon William's 'Why, Why.' I was using it as my background as I was typing this chapter ^^

 

It has been a week since that event and Sooyoung had been experiencing sleepless nights because of that one. She messes her hair then pulls herself up from her bed.

“You don’t have to; I am here and I will never leave you.”

That phrase suddenly pops up in her head and she was not able to stop the blush that colors her face.

‘Why does it sound so real and promising?’ she thought.

Then his blushing and uneasy face flashes in her mind which made her giggle.

Then his voice and his words start to do another replay in her mind again which started right after the grand annual ball which made her blush again.

The feel of his arms around her that fateful night and his soothing voice and all that had transpired that night and the day after made her blush all the more as an army of unwanted butterflies goes wild inside her stomach.

She covers he face and let out a muffled scream of confusion.

“Sooyoung, you should prepare, school will be in a while,” her mother looked over her open bedroom door.

She immediately moves inside to check on her when she saw her messed up look. “Are you okay?” she sits on her bedside reaching for her forehead.

“Mom, why is my heart going on like this?” then she reaches for her mother’s hand and placed it on her chest.

“Oh, are you feeling difficulty in breathing?” her mother asks worriedly after feeling her daughter’s frantic heartbeat.

“Mom! I am not sick!” she whines and pouts afterwards.

It took a while before her mother got what her daughter means, “Are you probably crushing someone already?”

“I don’t know! I just can’t stop thinking about that guy. What should I do?”

Her mother lets out a light laugh. “You are finally bitten by the love bug then,” then stands up, “Prepare for school. You will be late if you will keep on thinking about him,” giving her daughter a knowing smile.

Sooyoung let herself fall on her bed before rolling out of it to start preparing. Her mother looks like will not be of help as of now.

--------------

“We are here already Youngie,” her personal driver called in her attention.

“Can I just skip classes today?” she pouts.

“No, you have to go. Your mother will not like that,” the old man smiles and unlocks her door.

With a heavy and scared heart, she moves out the car and watches it leave her on the front gate. She stood in there, contemplating whether she should get inside or not when she heard the ladies near her squeal, “Omo! There goes Kris’ car!”

Her heart made a leap and it was enough to make her feet move to get inside the campus and avoid the cause of her sudden misery. Or is it misery in the real sense?

She sighs as she walks on the hallway to get to her first class. A female staff of the school paper stops her.

“Miss President, can you please check over this part of the paper? Our adviser asks us to let you take a look at it,” then she hands her the magazine that was the school paper. She flips on the part where the bookmark is located and she was surprised to see her picture above his picture.

“Why is his picture below mine? I thought you said the Young Prince will be next to mine,” she asks glued on the handsome face below her picture.

“That was our original lay-out but our adviser asks us to change the order. The list was shuffled if you would notice,” she smiles, “So what can you say about it?”

She scans a few pages and stops when she recognizes herself on one of the pictures together with him, ‘Why is he suddenly everywhere?’ she thought trying to make herself believe that she is just seeing things and that the two of them is not the one on the picture.

“Where did you get this picture?” Sooyoung pointed, asks after a while not anymore able to contain her curiosity.

“One of the staff passed that one after the Grand Annual Ball. It was nicely captured when the two of you were holding the lantern. You two look great actually,” then the said staff smiles at her.

She was about to reply when she saw Kris and Luhan on the opposite end of the hallway going on their way. For some unknown reason, her heart started to get wild again and the more he gets closer, the more she gets uncomfortable from the feeling. As she was watching them getting near, Kris looks up and their eyes met which made her heart leap all the more as she quickly avoids his look.

She immediately handed the copy on the girl, “It’s good, just send the copy on my table at the SC’s office. I still have some things to work on,” then turns on her heels to avoid even hearing him talk to her. She hastens her steps and was relieved to see a turning corner where turns right away.

“Omo!” she exclaims when she bumps on to someone.

Chanyeol was fast enough to grab her before she falls on her .

“Are you okay?” he asks as she tries to regain her composure.

“Channie,” she sighs, trying to calm her heart.

Then her ears caught his voice and Luhan’s growing nearer and nearer. She started to panic trying to find a quick route escape but her mind is just in a jumble. So she grabs Chanyeol’s coat and hid her face on it, grabbing both side to cover her face entirely.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, was even startled by her actions as he tries to remove her grasp on his coat. “Sooyoung, what are you doing? Are you hiding from someone?”

She shook her head.

Kris and Luhan turn on the said corner and were startled to see a lady covering her face on Chanyeol’s coat.

“Hey Chanyeol, what’s with the girl?” Luhan asks.

“Had a fight with her boyfriend I think,” Chanyeol lied feeling uncomfortable already.

With that, Luhan and Kris went on to where they are heading.

“Are they gone?” Sooyoung’s muffled voice asks.

“Yeah, they’re gone already,” he said and was relieved when Sooyoung lets go of his coat.

“Why are you hiding from them?” he asks as he straightens his coat.

Sooyoung just let out a loud sigh then goes on to her class, totally ignoring Chanyeol’s question.

--------------

“So the midpoint formula is used on getting the midpoint to start the graph. Can I ask Miss Sooyoung to give me the equation for formula in getting the sphere’s radius?”

The question barely registers into her mind as she spaces out while looking outside the window.

“Miss Sooyoung?” her professor calls on her again.

A seatmate of hers pokes on her arm, “Sooyoung, the professor is asking you.”

She turns her head and was startled on all eyes looking at her. Still feeling awkward, she stands up, trying to think of the question.

“Are you okay Miss President? You seem to be spacing out,” their professor asks.

“I am sorry sir; would you please repeat the question?”

“What is the formula in getting the sphere’s radius?”

She sighs, “The formula is for the radius is the sum of x minus h quantity squared, y minus j quantity squared and z minus k quantity squared; where r is the sphere’s radius  and the … “ she suddenly saw Kris walk by their classroom’s open door and unfortunately stops to talk with a classmate of his. She stops short and had to avo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter