Chapter Twenty Three

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris had to sigh when his friends drags him to get on one of the buses that awaits them for their trip for the camp. The chosen location is a private property of one of their batch mates.

“You will not get the privilege of being with her on that van,” Luhan informs him as he moves on the seat near the window.

“Why is that?” he asks, taking the seat beside the pretty boy.

“Only those who are part of the Student Council are given the luxury of using the vans,” the pretty boy smirks as the tall one grimaces from the thought that his girlfriend will be with the ‘transformed nerd’ on the whole duration of the trip.

“Chill out, will you?” Luhan glances at the leaving van as their bus starts as well, “They are with some officers,” he adds, assuring the bothered guy.

For the whole two hours trip, Kris has been exchanging messages with Sooyoung, talking about things and everything that comes into his mind just to let the time pass by.

Just as he was running out of topic, their bus enters a Victorian gate that opens into a very wide lawn. The three buses parks in a row on the cemented pathways as well as the four vans. There is two more mini bus parked just a few meters from them with the banners that says ‘staffs.’

The guide of each bus instructed the students to step outside with their things to start the briefing and finally settle down on their tents.

They are all lead on a separate lawn where three enormous tents stood which resembles cottages. Ahead of them is a row of trees and probably a forest after that wall of trees.

“Kindly group yourself according to the bus you used,” the male emcee standing on a make-shift stage announced when everyone starts to group themselves.

When the crowd finally gets divided into three groups, the emcee then started their briefing.

“We will not anymore group you since it will probably consume much of the time. That will be your grouping for the rest of the two nights and three days camp retreat. You are lucky if your friends drag you with them,” he stared at the crowd who groaned with protests.

“Now, before I give the major events of the camp retreat, I am going to let the SC officers to go around each group to confiscate and collect your gadgets. Phones, tablets, smart watches, cameras, video camera, laptop, any gadgets that you brought in here. Those will never be allowed to be in use for the whole duration of the camp. Excuses are not entertained, after all, we had secured the permission from all your parents. You will be given a small pouch where you will put your gadgets and the officers will label them with your names.”

The confiscation took more than an hour since some are just so stubborn and hard headed. When everything had been turned over, the emcee started to give the rules and regulations to be followed before the schedule of major events then they were dismissed on their own tents.

Each tent is divided inside into two; one side for the girls and one side for the boys. Each student is provided with a cot, a blanket and a pillow. Under each cot are small make-shift cabinets for their bags.

Fei is crest-fallen when they are finally dismissed to their tents. It is not that she hates the girls in their group; it’s just that she don’t feel like sleeping with them.

On the other side of the tent, the boys settled on getting the farthest cots for them. They all settles down as they talk about Fei’s miserable condition.

--------------

By one in the afternoon, they are all gathered to start the afternoon activities. Each group is provided with shirts for their members.

“Good afternoon students. I hope everyone is doing well since you will be using your energy for this afternoon’s activity. Group yourselves into seven, your choice of members,” he instructed as the students finally gets divided into 15 groups of seven, excluding the 17 members of the SC who will facilitate.

“Inside this box beside me are ten fruits of different kinds. Each group will be given three which will be equivalent to three chances. You will guess what the fruits that are hidden in this box are. On the forest behind you lies probably more than a hundred fruit trees, each unique from each other. You will pick as to how you guess these fruits then return to confirm it here. If the fruits were wrong, we will tell you which one are to be taken and which one are to be left for the second basket. Now, for more thrill, there are twenty hidden plastic fruits in the forest. Each fruits corresponds a hint or a clue for you to guess the chosen fruits. The first group to complete the ten will be given ten gold coins; the second will receive eight and the third will receive five. Good luck and may the best group win.”

The emcee finally blows his whistle as the 15 groups rushes to venture on the forest.

“Now, let us use our brain first. How are we going to guess those fruits?” Fei asks as they slowly walk to get inside the small forest fruit.

Much to Fei’s frustration, they landed third place because the boys had much fun eating the fruits as they go on their search.

“I will keep the coins; all that we will earn,” she glares when Xiumin tried to pocket the said prize.

They just all laugh at her as they listen to the final instruction.

“We congratulate the winners and may everyone maintain that attitude. For the fruits you had gathered, we prepared utensils and a blender for each tent. You may decide what to do with the fruits as consolation prize for your hard work. That will be for the first event. Please prepare for the second event tonight.”

They are finally dismissed as they all proceeds to their respective tents.

“Let’s just slice them and eat it fresh. I’ll go wash them with Baekhyun, you can decide who will get plates and knifes and the chopping board as well,” and with that Kyungsoo leaves with Baekhyun dragging the lone basket after giving the other fruits to the other groups.

They are all silent as they watch Kyungsoo and Xiumin slice up the fruits. But it will be unusual if they are really behaved; so as the two are slicing the fruits, the rest are picking up slices after slices as they all talk about random things.

“If you will not stop picking them, I will surely cut your fingers the next time you try,” Kyungsoo glares and it is good to see how they all clam up and waited for the others to finish.

After finally laying the fruits on a very large plate, they form a circle around on the spare table they found and started digging in.

“Will you share if I ask for a bite?”

With all their mouth stuffed, they all turns to see a grinning Sooyoung. It is Luhan who swallows first and offers her a chair beside Kris before handing her a fork. Kris suddenly looks bothered and finally blushes when she smiles up at him.

“Omo! You really have that effect on him!” Fei squeals and slaps Tao in the arm from much feels.

Everyone laughs as Tao cringes in pain, Kris blushing even more and Fe squealing even more. Just then, Fei stills before beaming, “Channie oppa!”

The atmosphere around the table gets charged as everyone turns to look at calm Kris before looking at the waving Fei. “Come here!”

Chanyeol stops and blinks before a bashful grin blooms on his face. He shook his head but Fei looks persistent which leaves all of the rest to wonder what could be her plan. When Chanyeol starts to walk to get to where they are, she ducks lower before letting out a giggle, “He is so cute!” then blushes furiously.

Everyone’s jaw literally drops at her blushing face; even Sooyoung has her fork pinne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter