Chapter Two

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The afternoon rolled on just as normal as it is. Luhan had been with Kris for the last period and she is on the same class as them.

“Hey, you think she will accept your offer if ever you ask her out?” Luhan whispered over the bored Kris. He just shrugged in response, propped his head on one hand and looked at the object of his affection; sitting just the next row in front, three seats on the right.

“Mister Wu, can you define what thermodynamics is?” Professor Jang, their instructor in Natural Sciences called on his attention. But he is too busy looking at her, wrapped up in his own bubble, devoid of any sound from around him.

He did not hear the second call, or the third one. He just looks across him, third seat on the right where she is sitting. With all anticipation, she turned her head and looked at him. His sight soon gets flooded with colors; vivid colors.

“Hey, the professor is calling you!” Luhan shook him back to reality, barging into his barrier. He became aware of the eyes all on him; especially the glare from their professor.

‘What did I miss?’ he thought straightening on his seat.

“Professor Jang is asking you!” Luhan whispered frantically.

“Looks like Mister Kris Wu is distracted. Kindly stand up please, and remain like that for the rest of the period. Is there anyone who would like to answer the question?” Professor Jang asked as Kris pulled himself up, lazily for his punishment.

She raised her hand, “Sir, I would like to answer, but if I get it right, would let Kris sit down?” she asks as she stands up.

“As expected of our ace with a big heart; you are spoiling your classmates,” Professor Jang grinned but motioned her to go on.

She answered about all the crap he don’t give a care about Natural Sciences. And just like that, everyone clapped their hands and cheered like she won the Oscar’s award. She turned around and smiled at him, mouthing the words ‘you may sit down.’

Reluctant at first, he did sit down after some words from their Professor.

It was embarrassing to end up like that, getting scolded then punished then it has to be her to save him, not the other way around. Maybe, he should study more so he can impress her.

When the bell rang, everyone scampered to leave. Luhan is shaking his head as he picks up his bag. “You should avoid getting into scenarios like that,” the pretty boy said and waited for Kris to finish on packing up.

“Spread a word and I will let your business go down the drain,” Kris threatened stuffing his untouched books but Luhan just laughed at his childish remarks.

“I will surely not spread a word, but is everyone in the room named Luhan?” Luhan grinned which made the taller one curse.

 

“Hey.”

Kris whipped his head in an instance, staring straight into her brown eyes.

“Are you okay? You look like you are in deep thought a while ago,” she added, stopping a few feet away from him. The room is getting cleared and Luhan decided to wait for Kris outside the room.

Just like that, everything around him started to grew insignificant as colors started to burst around them, a thin transparent film started to close off around them. He was able to seclude himself and her from the world.

“Kris?” she asked, tilting her head on the side.

“Did I embarrass you awhile ago? I’m sorry, I just don’t want any of you get punished. I didn’t know it would make you even more feel bad,” she said and avoided his eyes, lowering her gaze as a faint blush colors her cheeks.

Kris had just been staring at her, not even moving at all. He just stared at the face of the girl in front of him, enjoying the sound of her voice in his ears.

“I understand if you don’t want to talk to me. Just don’t space out next time,” she bowed her head and walked past him.

‘Oh, ! I just stared at her like a fool,’ he thought and his hand found her arm just before she could get past him.

“No!” he e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter