Chapter Eighteen

'Twas only a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was getting good in avoiding him at school although at times, it makes her look some scared student who is afraid of the famous people of the school.

“Hey Youngie, I heard that you are part of the drama the school will be having,” Chanyeol asks as they proceeds to the next class they share.

“I just did an audition since the professor holding it insisted on it,” she replies.

“So are you going to join me now at the cafeteria for lunch? You had been taking short meals at the office which I think your mother will not like once she learns about it,” he looks at her.

“Well, she would only know if you tell her,” she returns the look on him as they enter the room.

“Channie, when will you remove your braces?” she asks.

“I don’t know yet, Mom hasn’t told me anything regarding it. I am itching as well to have it removed.”

They settled on their chairs as their professor starts the lecture on history. It was a dragging hour to endure for Chanyeol for he often has tendencies to sleep during classes. Sooyoung can only chuckle at his effort of not falling asleep again.

When the bell finally rings for dismissal, they had to part since he has PE classes.

“I’ll stay at the library for some assignment,” she assures him as they took the opposite direction of each other’s path.

“I’ll pick you up in there,” he smiles and ruffles her hair which made her protest.

“You are ruining my hair!” she swats his arm as he runs on with that handsome grin.

Pulling her bag pack, she moves to get to the library. There were few students in there as well sleeping, doing research or enjoying the sanctuary of the silent place.

She hands her borrower’s card on the assistant near the door then deposits her bag. She now has a notebook and a pen with her borrower’s card. She proceeds to the science section as some of the students greet her.

As she was browsing over the books, she notices a blond Chinese guy sitting on a table and probably studying. She lets out a groan as she tries to peer over the books as to who may be with him. She spotted Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sitting opposite him and then there goes Fei and Luhan heading to their place.

‘Are they having a reunion in here?’ she thought as she ducks to hide. But as much as she hates it, she needs to find the book. She spotted it on the far end of the bookshelves. She opted on sitting on the floor at the corner of the science section.

For more than half an hour, she had to endure the strain on her legs and her neck as she copies some notes and details from the book. By the time she is done, she slams the book shut letting out a tired sigh.

She stands, dusts her skirt and straightens her coat when she was caught off guard by his presence leaning on the nearest bookshelves.

“The tables are placed in here for students to use, why do you prefer to suffer at the floor?” he raises a brow with his arms crossed.

Her eyes widened as she starts to back down, her mind trying to concoct a plan to make a hasty escape.

“Don’t even think of avoiding me right now,” and he takes a few steps forward successfully cornering her on the corner shelves.

Her heart starts to palpitate as she tries to move even further on the shelves when it is futile. Coldsweats start to form in her forehead as her breathing interval falters as well.

“Why areyou avoiding me?” he asks, his voice sending chills down her spine.

“I-I am not avoiding you… “She gulps as she averts her eyes to avoid that piercing questioning look of his.

“Really? Then how would you explain avoiding meeting me just at the hallway, spending your lunch at the SC’s office, hiding on corners when I am about to pass by and even avoiding my friends? Isn’t that your new trend today?” he raises a brow.

The close distance made it hard to breathe as she tries to gasp for air and she is so confused why she is acting like this. ‘Oh! Yes! I am like this because of our last encounter at his unit.’ She thought convincingly and smiles to herself.

“What’s funny?” he asks, pulling her back to reality.

“Uhm, I am actually busy over things at the SC and the school paper as well that’s why,” she replies and gave herself an inward applause for not stuttering.

“Really?”

His compelling voice asking for confirmation made her look up at him and she was instantly drawn to the depths of those brown eyes. It is not the unusual pair of eyes you see but something about it made her tojust stare back at it.

Suddenly, she is not sure if her eyes are failing her or he is really leaning down. And those eyes are not anymore looking straight into hers but slanted a bit downward. She involuntarily bit her lower lip as the distance starts to grow even closer and closer and closer-

*BLAG*

Both of them were startled as they part to give each other space. She looks behind him and she is not sure whether to be thankful or not that it was just Fei who caught them.

“I’m sorry,” Fei apologizes,hastily picks up the book and left the two of them in there.

“Please don’t avoid me anymore. It drives me to the brink of insanity to think of why you are doing such,” then let his knuckles brush eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter